Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Did he look like a superbowl winning quarterback to you? I saw an extremely conservative quarterback who checks down far too quick and crumbles when the pressure is on.

Wait, what? "Did he look like a superbowl winning quarterback"... so we are now judging qb 10-13 games into their careers and if they don't look like they can win a superbowl 9 games in then on to the next? As far as "extremely conservative" and "checks down far too quick" and "crumbles when the pressure is on"... doesn't that sound like a rookie qb or some of the issues a rookie will have?

You can't honestly say that watching Glennon play you see a future top tier quarterback can you? No, his issues (too conservative, checks down too quick, crumbles with pressure) are absolutely not issues all rookies have. We are looking at Glennon with tons of flaws and hoping he fixes all of them. Of course a rookie coming in can have his own flaws, but if he has less than Glennon, we should take him, no questions asked.

I don't see a top tier qb. Are Flacco, Wislon, Kaep,, Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Ryan top tier qbs... nope. They either have been to the Super Bowl or they are making $17-23,000,000 per year though. Do I see Glennom being a mid range guy, yup. I don't see a ton of flaws in his game. Does he need to let loose a little or make better reads... yes but that will come with time. Is Carr going to come in last year and thrown for 22 tds and 7 int and 3000 yards off of his back foot in the same situation Glennon was in this year?

Those 3 QBs got to the super bowl Cause of their Defense and Glennon can do the same once We get Hardy Laughing

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Watkins
2) Robinson
3) Mosley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
1) Watkins
2) Robinson
3) Mosley

1.Watkins
2.Robinson
3.Mack/Barr

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um all 3 of those qbs made plays that won big ball games and they all did that young ages. Flacco went to the playoffs and won playoff games since he's been a rookie.

Kap makes big plays and made them in that Super Bowl stretch and this year. He's the perfect dual threat qb.

Wilson is just flat out a playmaker. Leader. Makes plays in critical situations. And doesn't make stupid decisions and if he does they're rare and don't duplicate.

Did all 3 have good defenses? Yes. Seattle and SF were stronger than Baltimore. Flacco ripped them last year in Super Bowl.

Glennon doesn't even look remotely on par with those 3 qbs. I have to laugh if you honestly think he has shown you enough to duplicate the work of these 3.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Um all 3 of those qbs made plays that won big ball games and they all did that young ages. Flacco went to the playoffs and won playoff games since he's been a rookie.

Kap makes big plays and made them in that Super Bowl stretch and this year. He's the perfect dual threat qb.

Wilson is just flat out a playmaker. Leader. Makes plays in critical situations. And doesn't make stupid decisions and if he does they're rare and don't duplicate.

Did all 3 have good defenses? Yes. Seattle and SF were stronger than Baltimore. Flacco ripped them last year in Super Bowl.

Glennon doesn't even look remotely on par with those 3 qbs. I have to laugh if you honestly think he has shown you enough to duplicate the work of these 3.

Cause SHICAHO WAS COACHING GLENNON

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone watches how I met your mother I describe our current qb situation to Barney stinsons cheer leader effect.

We've sat through poor and terrible qb play in most recent years. Glennons play has looked better than most qbs through the last 6 years that we all fail to see while he's been better than most Buc qbs, he's still not the guy to take you where you wanna go. Laughing
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
If anyone watches how I met your mother I describe our current qb situation to Barney stinsons cheer leader effect.

We've sat through poor and terrible qb play in most recent years. Glennons play has looked better than most qbs through the last 6 years that we all fail to see while he's been better than most Buc qbs, he's still not the guy to take you where you wanna go. Laughing

With Our Defense He will have Good Number Cause The Defense Will be very good

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Where did I say he was on their level again... oh ya I didn't. I said I see a mid level guy. With a monster def and and strong running game that can take you places. I all in if we go Teddy or Johnny if not I have zero interest in the rest. It's a wasted pick into book. We can get a top end guy in a Watkins or Robinson. Do you see Carr being a top 8-10 qb in the next year and a half?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Cause SHICAHO WAS COACHING GLENNON

Highly doubt that's the only reason. I mean sully as a qbs coach did a good job with Eli.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Where did I say he was on their level again... oh ya I didn't. I said I see a mid level guy. With a monster def and and strong running game that can take you places. I all in if we go Teddy or Johnny if not I have zero interest in the rest. It's a wasted pick into book. We can get a top end guy in a Watkins or Robinson. Do you see Carr being a top 8-10 qb in the next year and a half?

I like Carr but I can't tell you confidently he WILL BE a top 10 qb. But can he be? YES. Glennon? No I don't see it.

I've stated before, as much as I like Carr , I like Garrapolo and even Brett smith two small school guys that don't get the recognition they deserve. I think all of them have much better upside than glennon. Glennon seems like the guy who needs a Seattle/SF type defense and Denver offensive supporting cast with a SF type oline to just be average. Think about that for a second.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I like Carr but I can't tell you confidently he WILL BE a top 10 qb. But can he be? YES. Glennon? No I don't see it.

I've stated before, as much as I like Carr , I like Garrapolo and even Brett smith two small school guys that don't get the recognition they deserve. I think all of them have much better upside than glennon. Glennon seems like the guy who needs a Seattle/SF type defense and Denver offensive supporting cast with a SF type oline to just be average. Think about that for a second.

If We get Hardy and Watkins We get Them Both and the rest of the draft can be OL

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know we're use to mediocrity at QB when you start to believe Glennon is the long-term answer. Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

You are a funny, funny guy... "just to be average"... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Coming from the guy who a few weeks back said he should have a shot to be the man next year. Now he needs to be running a pro bowl roster to "just be average", flip or flop of the day hey there R&P.

Carr who has terrible footwork, never plays under center, and played against brutal comp in college can be top 10 qb in the next year and a half.

Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Stafford, Luck, Brady, Big Ben, Newton, Ryan etc. etc. etc. Carr must of had a great four days of practice at the sb.

Oh man are some people around here going to be eating crow in the next little while. Shocked

Pro bowl roster to "just be average"... not even sure why i'm commenting to that trash Confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha dueces I find it funny when I get questioned but my track record of suggestions have been pretty on par.

I'll eat crow on Carr because I believe he's a franchise qb.

And the NIners don't have a pro bowl line. Not all 5 of then Smile.

Glennon holds the ball too long. You refuse to watch the all 22. I'd love to sit down with you and give you an education on "missed opportunities" that film doesn't lie.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Haha dueces I find it funny when I get questioned but my track record of suggestions have been pretty on par.

I'll eat crow on Carr because I believe he's a franchise qb.

And the NIners don't have a pro bowl line. Not all 5 of then Smile.

Glennon holds the ball too long. You refuse to watch the all 22. I'd love to sit down with you and give you an education on "missed opportunities" that film doesn't lie.

I know R&P 28/34 Wink

And again we won't have the Carr/Glennon or Glennon/Carr debate if he is the franchise guy and has the potential to knock one of the top ten guys off the list in a year and a half you claim he is because he isn't lasting until seven if you are spitting the truth.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: