Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
If Carr is the chosen one like everyone is now saying all of the sudden after four practices at the sb then we won't have to worry about whether it's Carr or Glennon or Glennon or Carr because he will be picked before us unless we trade up.

Teddy 1 then bortles and Manziel follow to jags and browns. You think Oakland takes Carr?

I actually don't think any take Carr but he's being pimped up around these parts so why wouldn't they then. Or why would the Vikes or Titans trade up before us if hes the next coming?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
If Carr is the chosen one like everyone is now saying all of the sudden after four practices at the sb then we won't have to worry about whether it's Carr or Glennon or Glennon or Carr because he will be picked before us unless we trade up.

Teddy 1 then bortles and Manziel follow to jags and browns. You think Oakland takes Carr?

No Titans/Vikings Trade Up for him

Hm idk. I see one of those 4 qbs being there for us.

Nah this is what is see
1. Bridgewater
2. Trade up Browns Manziel
3. Clowney
4. Titans Trade up Bortiles
5. Vikes Trade Up Carr
6. Mack
7. Watkins
Titans Trade up cause They need a QB locker just isnt enough
Vikes Trade up cause the QBs are being taken Pretty Darn Fast

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

No Titans/Vikings Trade Up for him

Hm idk. I see one of those 4 qbs being there for us.

Plus I think one if those teams feels they can get Garapolo in round 2 who I like as well.

How can you honestly say one will be there? Clowney and a tackle are the only guys that will go ahead of a franchise qb.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
AhoyKevin wrote:
Does anyone really think Carr is going to be that big of an improvement over Glennon...... I mean look Glennon had bad games but really ? Carr isn't that big of an improvment.

Yes. Confidently. Glennon seems fearful of well ripping it down the field. Too cautions. Carr may throw screens but that's the offense he came out of. He's shown he can rip it and isn't afraid too. Ball placement is better and better athlete and arm.

No, the only thing Carr is afraid of is a pass rusher....

That you cannot be more wrong. Does his foot get sloppy under pressure yes. Afraid? No. Big difference.

I mean maybe we just have different interpretations of the word afraid.

Where you say "his feet get sloppy" to me that's the same thing as saying happy feet, which is getting afraid in the pocket.

There is honestly no denying he is below average against any sign of pressure. That is his biggest flaw. And if you think otherwise, "you cannot be more wrong"
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I actually don't think any take Carr but he's being pimped up around these parts so why wouldn't they then. Or why would the Vikes or Titans trade up before us if hes the next coming?

Remember Last year Glennon was Projected Late 1st Early 2nd But the Senior Bowl hurt his stock

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong I would love to go Watkins at 7 and garroppolo in the 2nd.

I have a feeling the draft can immediately go like this :
1. Texans : bridgewater. Don't think obrien is that dumb.
2. Cleveland: Manziel. They trade their other 1 to secure JF
3. Jacksonville : bortles
4. Rams : Watkins
5. Raiders: clowney
6. Falcons: Matthews

In this scenario I look at the board: Mack and Barr aren't fits in the Tampa 2. Greg Robinson in my opinion belongs at g. Good run blocker inconsistent pass blocker. Could get one of those later.

Do you like Carr enough to take him at 7? If you ask me I can't give you that answer 100% confidently yet. I like him in round 1 and think he will be a successful starter. But I think the same as Jimmy garroppolo as well who you can get early 2nd maybe late first.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Did he look like a superbowl winning quarterback to you? I saw an extremely conservative quarterback who checks down far too quick and crumbles when the pressure is on.

Wait, what? "Did he look like a superbowl winning quarterback"... so we are now judging qb 10-13 games into their careers and if they don't look like they can win a superbowl 9 games in then on to the next? As far as "extremely conservative" and "checks down far too quick" and "crumbles when the pressure is on"... doesn't that sound like a rookie qb or some of the issues a rookie will have?

You can't honestly say that watching Glennon play you see a future top tier quarterback can you? No, his issues (too conservative, checks down too quick, crumbles with pressure) are absolutely not issues all rookies have. We are looking at Glennon with tons of flaws and hoping he fixes all of them. Of course a rookie coming in can have his own flaws, but if he has less than Glennon, we should take him, no questions asked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

In this scenario I look at the board: Mack and Barr aren't fits in the Tampa 2. Greg Robinson in my opinion belongs at g. Good run blocker inconsistent pass blocker. Could get one of those later.

Do you like Carr enough to take him at 7? If you ask me I can't give you that answer 100% confidently yet. I like him in round 1 and think he will be a successful starter. But I think the same as Jimmy garroppolo as well who you can get early 2nd maybe late first.

i would actually Love Robinson Since Joseph Sucks but Barr is the Best fit he can Play DE

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
AhoyKevin wrote:
Does anyone really think Carr is going to be that big of an improvement over Glennon...... I mean look Glennon had bad games but really ? Carr isn't that big of an improvment.

Yes. Confidently. Glennon seems fearful of well ripping it down the field. Too cautions. Carr may throw screens but that's the offense he came out of. He's shown he can rip it and isn't afraid too. Ball placement is better and better athlete and arm.

That you cannot be more wrong. Does his foot get sloppy under pressure yes. Afraid? No. Big difference.

Where you say "his feet get sloppy" to me that's the same thing as saying happy feet, which is getting afraid in the pocket.

There is honestly no denying he is below average against any sign of pressure. That is his biggest flaw. And if you think otherwise, "you cannot be more wrong"

A lot of qbs get sloppy under pressure. Afraid of pressure means you're tense even when there isn't pressure. I don't see that. A lot of qbs mechanics get sloppy under pressure. See Bree's and Brady two of the best. You get after them and mistakes to up.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

i would actually Love Robinson Since Joseph Sucks but Barr is the Best fit he can Play DE

I've watched a lot of Barr enough to convince me 1. He's not Von miller.
2. Good pass rusher but isn't a 4-3 end. Never played it. He's strictly a 3-4 guy. I think Mack is well rounded but I don't see lovie using Mack as a stand up pass rusher.

Robinson to me isn't worthy of a top 10 selection. If I'm looking to trade down I wouldn't mind 5 spots get a 2 or 3 in return and take Ebron. Kony ealy is another guy I like.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we Have a Great Defense but Mediocre QB Great RB we can still make the playoffs Example KC Great Defense Mediocre QB Great RB

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I've watched a lot of Barr enough to convince me 1. He's not Von miller.
2. Good pass rusher but isn't a 4-3 end. Never played it. He's strictly a 3-4 guy. I think Mack is well rounded but I don't see lovie using Mack as a stand up pass rusher.

Robinson to me isn't worthy of a top 10 selection. If I'm looking to trade down I wouldn't mind 5 spots get a 2 or 3 in return and take Ebron. Kony ealy is another guy I like.

Would Take
Murphy
Tuitt
over Ealy

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
AhoyKevin wrote:

A lot of qbs get sloppy under pressure. Afraid of pressure means you're tense even when there isn't pressure. I don't see that. A lot of qbs mechanics get sloppy under pressure. See Bree's and Brady two of the best. You get after them and mistakes to up.

Look I'm not denying the kid has above average arm talent. It really is special. I'm actually a fan of Carr's, but I just see something different I guess. I don't hate the pick of him at #7, I honestly just think this team can win with Glennon at QB, so build around him.

In the scenario you posted above, i wouldn't mind taking Carr. But only if the organization doesn't love Glennon.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Did he look like a superbowl winning quarterback to you? I saw an extremely conservative quarterback who checks down far too quick and crumbles when the pressure is on.

Wait, what? "Did he look like a superbowl winning quarterback"... so we are now judging qb 10-13 games into their careers and if they don't look like they can win a superbowl 9 games in then on to the next? As far as "extremely conservative" and "checks down far too quick" and "crumbles when the pressure is on"... doesn't that sound like a rookie qb or some of the issues a rookie will have?

You can't honestly say that watching Glennon play you see a future top tier quarterback can you? No, his issues (too conservative, checks down too quick, crumbles with pressure) are absolutely not issues all rookies have. We are looking at Glennon with tons of flaws and hoping he fixes all of them. Of course a rookie coming in can have his own flaws, but if he has less than Glennon, we should take him, no questions asked.

I don't see a top tier qb. Are Flacco, Wislon, Kaep, Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Ryan top tier qbs... nope. They either have been to the Super Bowl or they are making $17-23,000,000 per year though. Do I see Glennom being a mid range guy, yup. I don't see a ton of flaws in his game. Does he need to let loose a little or make better reads... yes but that will come with time. Is Carr going to come in last year and thrown for 22 tds and 7 int and 3000 yards off of his back foot in the same situation Glennon was in this year?

Edit: besides Teddy and Johnny I see no high end qb so to me it's bonkers to take a guy at 7 because he has less flaws than or 13 game starter. To me it's a wasted pick with little to no impact.

Last edited by deuces22wild on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
AhoyKevin wrote:

Look I'm not denying the kid has above average arm talent. It really is special. I'm actually a fan of Carr's, but I just see something different I guess. I don't hate the pick of him at #7, I honestly just think this team can win with Glennon at QB, so build around him.

In the scenario you posted above, i wouldn't mind taking Carr. But only if the organization doesn't love Glennon.

+1 I think Glennon has good Talent and Can use them if we get him a Slot WR

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: