Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: 2014 Draft Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Here it is guys. Post what you want.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Minny mock draft:

1st Round: Trent Murphy DE Stanford
- Dude is a monster off the line. He has played OLB and DE in his career and he is not one dimmensional. Strong at the point of a attack. Can rush the passer with hand in the dirt or standing up.

2nd Round: Gabe Jackson G Missisippi State
- Like our depth at RB. But I think this off-season, we say good bye to Joseph or Nicks. Both are being paid a ton of money and neither has shown durability with us. Jackson is a road graitor.

4th Round Pick: CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa:
Big TE with 3 down ability. Decent run blocker and good WR threat. 6/7 265. Was a very good target for Iowa last year and bright spot heading into the season.

5th Round: Taylor Hart DE/DT Oregon
- Dude played the 5 tech last year. Can come inside on passing downs next to McCoy and develop as a solid rotational guy at the 3 tech.

7th round: Glen Carson MLB Penn State
- Tough nosed instinctive LB that can probably contribute to the SLB.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy I like is Aaron Lynch, transfer from Notre Dame to USF. From a talent standpoint, he's excellent. However, he moved from Notre Dame to USF because he was Home Sick. That to me is a red flag.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we need some pressure on their QB. I don't care where it comes from, we just need it from somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongest needs IMO:

DE,G,TE,LB(Not sold on Watson),
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd draft our LT of the future in the first. Play him at RT for the first few seasons and then have him replace Penn with Penn moving to RT. I'd take a centre in the first 3 rounds too and use Zuttah as the utility guy. We also need a DT who can spell McCoy and come in on third down.

Lesser needs include a slot receiver, tight end and a backer who is effective on passing downs.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without any pressure on the other team's quarterback, all our investments in the back end (Revis, Banks, Barron, Goldson) are essentially useless. That should be our main priority.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Without any pressure on the other team's quarterback, all our investments in the back end (Revis, Banks, Barron, Goldson) are essentially useless. That should be our main priority.

Agreed. I'm happy with McCoy and Clayborn, but we really don't have much else.

Kyle Van Noy is intriguing as hell to me. I know that he isn't the biggest guy, but he has a knack for making game changing plays on a regular basis. Awesome instincts. He would be such a nice fit in our defense at SLB.

At DE I really like Scott Crichton and Kareem Martin.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked van noy from the little I've seen but I'm not convinced he'd fit in Tampa. Aaron lynch and Trent Murphy are beasts in my opinion.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could always pull a Ditka and trade everything to go up and get Clowney. Obviously that isnt happening but if there was a reasonable price offered I would consider it. Its not happening so I should really stop thinking up scenarios in which it might. One can dream..

But from what Ive seen in preseason and read thus far I think we are going to have a heavy draft on DL and OL next year. All other positions are pretty stable except for maybe a little depth here and there but I dont see anything being more of an issue than the lines next offseason. (Barring Freeman sucking all season and not getting resigned.)

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
All other positions are pretty stable except for maybe a little depth here and there but I dont see anything being more of an issue than the lines next offseason. (Barring Freeman sucking all season and not getting resigned.)

The thing is, if Freeman blows and we struggle to rush the passer, we will be in prime position to draft Teddy without having to move up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
All other positions are pretty stable except for maybe a little depth here and there but I dont see anything being more of an issue than the lines next offseason. (Barring Freeman sucking all season and not getting resigned.)

The thing is, if Freeman blows and we struggle to rush the passer, we will be in prime position to draft Teddy without having to move up.

Even at our worst this year I dont see us drafting in the top 10. Maybe that is a bold statement but with the revamped defense and another year of experience for the young guys on that side of the ball and already having a good offense (9th in the NFL) last year with Freeman's struggles, I just dont see us having a top 2 pick.. which is what we will need for Teddy or Clowney for that matter. Honestly, I think IF Freeman doesnt work out we see Glennon starting week 1 of the 2014 season. I think he has some potential. If he doesnt play here I see him being traded somewhere else.

Really wouldnt mind giving up this upcoming drafts 1st and a 2015 1st to go get Clowney though. Our pass rush could very well need it unless Bowers gets his butt in check this season.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Even at our worst this year I dont see us drafting in the top 10. Maybe that is a bold statement but with the revamped defense and another year of experience for the young guys on that side of the ball and already having a good offense (9th in the NFL) last year with Freeman's struggles, I just dont see us having a top 2 pick.. which is what we will need for Teddy or Clowney for that matter. Honestly, I think IF Freeman doesnt work out we see Glennon starting week 1 of the 2014 season. I think he has some potential. If he doesnt play here I see him being traded somewhere else.

Really wouldnt mind giving up this upcoming drafts 1st and a 2015 1st to go get Clowney though. Our pass rush could very well need it unless Bowers gets his butt in check this season.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing a Falcons-type trade like they did for Julio a few years ago. Clowney is a once in a lifetime prospect, and hopefully a team that has poor management would be dumb enough to trade that pick to us. Odds are that they won't though.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Stokes or Dennis Hickey as our GM next year? Thoughts? Opinions?
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

I'm in with drafting like 5 D-lineman

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: