Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Cardinals cut K Dan Carpenter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@MikeVandermause: Crosby misses 3 in a row from 42, 42 and 44. Made fourth from 44. Tavecchio made only kick from 36.

Both of them had a bad practice today...
Lol and now the two best FA kickers, by far, are now signed.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. I normally wouldn't criticize TT too much but it sure looks like we blew this one. I don't give a crap if Crapsby and Turdveccio made kicks at practice and in St. Louis. I am worried about Lambeau. Mason has struggled big time there since the South endzone got closed up and Turdveccio won't have enough leg in the middle of January.

Last edited by MNPackfan32 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign either Akers or Kickalicious
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:

If he plays well in the regular season, then the collapse in the playoffs or Super Bowl is a of a different mental collapse. If you honestly think Mason has no clutch gene in him at all, then you probably get rid of him. Adding Carpenter though does little to help. His collapse against the Jets last year was probably the reason he was cut, so not sure what the upgrade would be in that case.

That may be, but I think the main issue with Crosby is that his confidence is broken, and I don't see him ever fixing it whilst staying in Green Bay. IMO, it's in the best interests of both parties (Crosby & GB) to part ways.

We need not commit to anything binding with whoever we sign to replace him.

Lorde <33333333
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem with ted is he's way to loyal to guys he drafted, instead of just admitting his mistake and moving on. Crosby's confidence is shot, reminds me of Mike Vanderjagt, that guy was clutch and accurate until he missed a few big kicks, after that the guy was never the same. We all know what happen the Colts went out and got that FA kicker from NE and he kicked them into the SB and championship .
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Another problem with ted is he's way to loyal to guys he drafted, instead of just admitting his mistake and moving on. Crosby's confidence is shot, reminds me of Mike Vanderjagt, that guy was clutch and accurate until he missed a few big kicks, after that the guy was never the same. We all know what happen the Colts went out and got that FA kicker from NE and he kicked them into the SB and championship .

I don't think Ted has emotions that would allow him to be attached to any player.
CactusPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I would bring Jan Stenerud out of retirement. Crosby is a mental basket case. He has all the physical tools, but mentally he is a wreck and that is not the kind of position we need our kicker to be in before the season. Lindell would be great.

Special Thanks To Jordyzzz for the awesome sig!
Kilr0y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the Cardinals have cut Dan Carpenter. He apparently had a kick blocked and they didn't like what they saw in practice. We were apparently the other team in the mix on that signing, so even after signing that young guy today I don't see how we can't consider Carp. Maybe we could cut Tavec or just wait for Crosby to miss a few in week 1 or 2 and sign Carpenter early in the season.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/20130825arizona-cardinals-cut-newly-signed-kicker-dan-carpenter-others.html?nclick_check=1

___
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilr0y wrote:
Wow, the Cardinals have cut Dan Carpenter. He apparently had a kick blocked and they didn't like what they saw in practice. We were apparently the other team in the mix on that signing, so even after signing that young guy today I don't see how we can't consider Carp. Maybe we could cut Tavec or just wait for Crosby to miss a few in week 1 or 2 and sign Carpenter early in the season.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/20130825arizona-cardinals-cut-newly-signed-kicker-dan-carpenter-others.html?nclick_check=1

___
I don't see how we CAN consider a Kicker who was cut from two teams, The first drafted a replacement, the second cut him after only a week. Damaged goods much? Sometimes fans are as bad as players when it comes to not knowing when to hang it up.

Ask yourself, "what can the Kicker formerly known as Brown do for you?" Laughing
Kilr0y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:

___
I don't see how we CAN consider a Kicker who was cut from two teams, The first drafted a replacement, the second cut him after only a week. Damaged goods much? Sometimes fans are as bad as players when it comes to not knowing when to hang it up.

Ask yourself, "what can the Kicker formerly known as Brown do for you?" Laughing

That's a 100% valid point, but his career stats aren't under question here. The Cards dumped him after literally ONE practice and a blocked kick. They may have just realized they have faith in Feely, and Carpenter had a rough first week. I'd personally still give him a shot over what we've got.

____
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say by this time next week Detroit will have to cut either Akers or that kickalicious fellow . . . Problem solved.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
I still say by this time next week Detroit will have to cut either Akers or that kickalicious fellow . . . Problem solved.
Why do people want to sign a guy who until this year had never played football or even kicked with a holder? Because of one lousy youtube video? Crosby has one too, and it's far more impressive IMO. At least Crosby has a decent career percentage in favorable kicking environments. I much prefer Ramirez who has a strong leg and a good college track record. Hell, I'll take Long Ding before Havard Rugland (Kickaliscious)

Am I literally the only one who liked the Ramirez signing?
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
Why do people want to sign a guy who until this year had never played football or even kicked with a holder? Because of one lousy youtube video? Crosby has one too, and it's far more impressive IMO. At least Crosby has a decent career percentage in favorable kicking environments. I much prefer Ramirez who has a strong leg and a good college track record. Hell, I'll take Long Ding before Havard Rugland (Kickaliscious)

Nope. I felt he was worth a look as well. Easy stroke and a solid legs as well. Not much that can go wrong with his stroke though. A huge plus after Crosby.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:

I like the Ramirez signing . . . Who knows. I don't know anything about him except we worked him out some time ago, and that he was until recently unemployed.

The other thing I know is that I don't trust Crosby. I used to trust him, and now I don't.

ETA: there probably isn't a Packers fan alive who doesn't love the Ramirez signing, by the way.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:

I like the Ramirez signing . . . Who knows. I don't know anything about him except we worked him out some time ago, and that he was until recently unemployed.

The other thing I know is that I don't trust Crosby. I used to trust him, and now I don't.

ETA: there probably isn't a Packers fan alive who doesn't love the Ramirez signing, by the way.
He was one of my pet prospects this last draft. Was a top kicking prospect until he got hurt. MCL IIRC. Killer leg, weather EXP, and consistency. I think he only missed one kick the last season he played. Started with the Seahawks, but his leg was still recovering. TON of promise. Granted, I'm biased, see first sentence.
dijatool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:

I like it. Big leg from what I can tell and at least he's real competition (no slight toward Tavecchio intended but he doesn't and Mason does).

We'll see what the next 10 days or so bring us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: