Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Broncos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Broncos Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. I have no idea what to make of your WR situation. Are any of the WRs going to match their production from last year - if so which one is most likely? What kind of stats do you see each one putting up, I see Welker and Decker going late and I'm trying to figure out which one to go after.

2. What is the RB situation like? Is Montee Ball going to start and get 3rd down reps too? - can he catch out of the backfield?

3. This Julius Thomas guy. I'm thinking of grabbing Gronk, but will need a late round TE to match him up with, is this Julius Thomas guy for real and if so what kind of numbers do you see him putting up?

4. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Demaryius Thomas will continue to put up the numbers he did last, and likely to succeed them. Peyton Manning has repeatedly said this is the most talented WR hes ever played with. Expect 1,500 yards and 10 TD's.
Wes Welker will be a very integral part to the success of this offense. He will be Manning's security blanket. Id say expect around 1K yards and 5-9 TD's.
Eric Decker will be much of the same last year. Hes a consistent route runner that Manning can count on in big spots. Hes also got a knack for the endzone. Id estimate him between 900-1200 yards and 7-10 TD's.

2. The RB situation is very much "in the air" right now. A lot of members here think that Ronnie Hillman is going to be the feature back, I however dont. I think by midway through the season, Ronnie Hillman will go back to being a situational back and Montee Ball will takeover most of the carries. If Knowshon can stay healthy, he will be the 3rd down back. I dont expect either of these RB's to make a consistent fantasy impact.

3. Julius Thomas is for real. Hes long, athletic and a big body in the passing game. I dont expect him to be around late rounds, more like round 10-12 is likely. He should be the number 1 TE in terms of receptions, yards and TD's, if he stays healthy. He hasnt done so yet this year.

4. Unfortunately the only sleeper was Julius Thomas, who's not much of a sleeper now. The only other option for a "sleeper candidate" was CJ Anderson, who is a UDFA RB and has showed some solid running skills till he sprained his MCL yesterday at practice. I expect him to go to the practice squad. For the giggles of this question, Ill go with Tavarres King. I think that if Welker or Decker miss any time this year, he can play immediately. Again though, this is pulling straws. The Broncos offense is very much stable outside the RB position.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Broncos Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

1. I have no idea what to make of your WR situation. Are any of the WRs going to match their production from last year - if so which one is most likely? What kind of stats do you see each one putting up, I see Welker and Decker going late and I'm trying to figure out which one to go after.

Manning is going to do his thing, Thomas is going to be a fantasy stud, Welker's numbers will drop off from last year and Decker who many think had a career year had close to what realisitly is what Decker is capable of, 800-1,200 yards, over 8 TD's. Guys are going to be consistent, you can't say that about every WR group.

Quote:
2. What is the RB situation like? Is Montee Ball going to start and get 3rd down reps too? - can he catch out of the backfield?

Hillman is the starting RB, look for him to get 1-3 of the carries. Ball can catch balls out of the backfield but primarily it will be more Hillman. Unless they fall I would avoid both in fantasy neither will get the numbers that deserve there draft spot. Ball perhaps might take over mid way though the season as the starting back IF he improves.

Quote:
3. This Julius Thomas guy. I'm thinking of grabbing Gronk, but will need a late round TE to match him up with, is this Julius Thomas guy for real and if so what kind of numbers do you see him putting up?

Hard to know what type of numbers Thomas might put up, it's not a question of his potential but how many passes there are to go around.

Quote:

Thomas and Hillman actually. Many people still have Ball listed as the starter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Broncos Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

I think all 3 will be highly productive. Remember the Colts had 3 WRs - Harrison, Wayne, Stokley - all go for over 1000 yards with Peyton as their QB. The combined production of Tamme and Stokley, both of whom played as slots last year, was 97 for 1,099 and 7, there's no reason to assume Welker cannot meet or exceed that production this year while not taking a sizable amount of catches, yards and TDs away from Decker and Thomas.

I'd take Thomas, who has the most upside, as a WR1 and I'd do the same with Welker but only if you're in a PPR league, otherwise both Decker and Welker are good options as a WR2.

McGahee wrote:

I wouldn't touch any of our RBs, at least before rounds 10+. Montee Ball has had an up-and-down camp, Hillman looks like he's made good strides from year 1 to year 2 but if he can't hold up in pass protection he's not going to see the field and Knowshon will probably pull his labia around week 3.

McGahee wrote:

Thomas could be your sleeper. But the problem is he's been a training camp/preseason star before and then has done next to nothing when it counts. I suppose you could take a flier on him, or Dreessen for that matter, but like the RBs I wouldn't go near the Broncos TEs as anything other than a bye week/injury replacement.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If your league is PPR, Wes Welker should have a good season and produce enough point-wise to make it worth it. Demaryius Thomas is the jewel of the group and easily one of the best WR in the league. I look for him to replicate his numbers.

2. Montee Ball isn't starting right away unless Hillman gets hurt. Despite what the idiots on ESPN keep insisting, Hillman is the starter until proven otherwise. I'd lay off our RBs early though, too muddled there.

3. Julius Thomas is a complete unknown. He could be a big part of the team, or he could put up 500 yards and 3 TDs. Who knows? Maybe as a backup I'd take him, but absolutely don't count on him to start.

4. Thomas would be the sleeper, but depending on how deep your league is, I would actually suggest Trindon Holliday. I think he'll see some time on offense this year, especially because he scored numerous times during TC. Granted it'll be limited touches, but if we're playing an exhausted defense, he's gonna see some touches because he's just so fast.

Thanks, Tzimisce
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the awesome insight guys.

Just wanted to follow up, has the RB picture become any clearer after last weeks game?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Thanks for the awesome insight guys.

Just wanted to follow up, has the RB picture become any clearer after last weeks game?

Nope. They each have their weaknesses - Hillman cannot pass protect but he's our most dynamic runner and best receiver out of the backfield, but as long as he is sub-par in pass pro he won't be an every-down back. Ball is just average at everything, I'm very disappointed with what I've seen from him. And Knowshon is still hurt, I'm sure that's a huge surprise to every Broncos fan.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update after 3 pre-season games. I think I'm going to stay away from your RBs.

Has Julius Thomas done anything to answer any of the questions about him? Should I pick him earlier?

Also, wanted to follow up on your WR situation. How would you rank them in terms of production? And also, how would you rank them in terms of fantasy value (i.e., return on draft pick)

I'm looking at Demaryius Thomas in the 3rd round. Would you take him over Andre Johnson or Julio Jones? I'm worried about his injury history.

I'd love to get Welker in the 6th but usually he's gone by then. Should I grab Decker as a #2 fantasy WR over guys like James Jones and Jordy Nelson?
marktheshark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth nothing changed.

Quote:
To update after 3 pre-season games. I think I'm going to stay away from your RBs.
Yes, please do.

Quote:
Has Julius Thomas done anything to answer any of the questions about him? Should I pick him earlier?
Not really, could put up huge number but Fox likes Vets and so does Manning, I see a lot of potential but would draft him until the last two round, if at all.

Quote:
Also, wanted to follow up on your WR situation. How would you rank them in terms of production? And also, how would you rank them in terms of fantasy value (i.e., return on draft pick)

Consistent, so only if they fall. (Just like any other player) look for them to put up the numbers above.

Quote:
I'm looking at Demaryius Thomas in the 3rd round. Would you take him over Andre Johnson or Julio Jones? I'm worried about his injury history.

1. Julio -
2. Thomas Has highest ceiling, yet has been injured but not to worried about it but just enough to place behind Julio.
3. Johnson - Off my board entirely.

Quote:
I'd love to get Welker in the 6th but usually he's gone by then. Should I grab Decker as a #2 fantasy WR over guys like James Jones and Jordy Nelson?

I have in mock drafts, typically you have better value on Decker, Welker is also above James Jones and Nelson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I had the option to take either CJ2k or Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd round this year and went with CJ2K.

But then I managed to get David Wilson and Gio Bernard later on to pair up with Arian Foster.

My WRs lack a true #1 (Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, E.Sanders, Tavon, Blackmon)

Should I try to trade CJ2K for Demaryius Thomas now that I have some good options in Wilson and Bernard?
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi guys, I had the option to take either CJ2k or Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd round this year and went with CJ2K.

But then I managed to get David Wilson and Gio Bernard later on to pair up with Arian Foster.

My WRs lack a true #1 (Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, E.Sanders, Tavon, Blackmon)

Should I try to trade CJ2K for Demaryius Thomas now that I have some good options in Wilson and Bernard?

Whats your league specifications? PPR? How many WR/RB/FLex?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 team 0.5 PPR, 2 RB 3 WR no flex
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, anyone?
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'D take Thomas over CJ2k.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoud I start Julius Thomas or Jared Cook at TE this week (0.5PPR)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: