Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Titans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Titans Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Chris Johnson - I really want to get him in the 2nd but I worry about him. I know the OL got better, but is Green going to steal some of his carries and TDs? Or is CJ going to be CJ2K again? Really interested in hearing what kind of stats you guys think he will put up.

2. The WR situation - Is Britt or Wright the better fantasy option? I know Britt used to be one of my sleepers but he keeps getting hurt, whose the better guy here and do you see them as a #3 fantasy WR?

3. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) I really wouldn't worry about CJ. Assuming everyone stays healthy, I'd say he at least gets 1600 total yards. Greene will simply be the powerback much like LenDale was when CJ first came in the league. The O-Line certainly looked good in the 1st preseason game even without starting RT Stewart. A big challenge will be against Bengals D-Line. If they look good and on track against that D, I think it'll be a good indicator on how the O-Line will do this season.

2.) I'd say Wright. He was the leading receiver last year and has been Lockers favorite target in camp but both Britt and Wright have looked great in camp from all reports.

3.) No real sleepers IMO. Maybe the rookie Hunter but there's just so much depth in front of him, I can't see him making a big contribution this year. I see him being a receiver they use on occasion to go deep. I do like Delanie Walker but he's kind of behind after missing the past couple of weeks and expected to miss another. The offense will feature him alot.
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Johnson is a guy I have been hyping all summer. With you guys adding two guards, I think he's ready for another huge season. Where do you guys rank him fantasy wise? Here's my top 13 overall (PPR). I might rank him ahead of AJ Green.

1. AP
2. M Lynch
3. A Foster
4. D Martin
5. CJ Spiller
6. Trent Richardson
7. J Charles
8. R Rice
9. Calvin Johnson
10. Shady
11. AJ Green
12. Chris Johnson
13. Dez Bryant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've got CJ ahead of Brees and Rogers?

Also, is Britt now the unquestioned #1 with Wright injured?
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
So you've got CJ ahead of Brees and Rogers?

Also, is Britt now the unquestioned #1 with Wright injured?

Yes, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nate Washington put up better fantasy numbers. Basically we have no consistent fantasy scorers at WR week to week. Everyone is up and down.

CJ is a STEAL in the 2nd round which seems like where a lot of people are getting him.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Titans Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Chris Johnson - I really want to get him in the 2nd but I worry about him. I know the OL got better, but is Green going to steal some of his carries and TDs? Or is CJ going to be CJ2K again? Really interested in hearing what kind of stats you guys think he will put up.

2. The WR situation - Is Britt or Wright the better fantasy option? I know Britt used to be one of my sleepers but he keeps getting hurt, whose the better guy here and do you see them as a #3 fantasy WR?

3. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys

1. I think he'll lose some touches compared to previous seasons, but his yardage and ypc should improve. I really would rank him #2 behind AP right now.

2. Toughie. Britt is the better player, but it seems Wright has a better connection with Locker. Still, I'd go with Britt.

3. Greene could be a TD machine for us, and don't sleep on Nate Washington either.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to draft a Titans receiver in a non-PPR league, it should be Britt. While I can't guarantee that he'll have better numbers than Kendall, the fact is, his ceiling is higher and the only way any of our receivers have fantasy value is if they explode, which I think Kenny is more capable of doing than Kendall.

And yeah, if I'm picking anywhere 10 or later and CJ is on the board he's my pick.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
McGahee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I trade Chris Johnson for Pierre Garcon in my league?

10 team 0.5 PPR

My team:

QB: Brees
RB: Foster, CJ2K, Gio Bernard, David Wilson, Bilal Powell
WR: Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson
TE: Orange Julius

I feel like now is the time to sell Johnson high after his last game, what do you guys think?
-Munch-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Should I trade Chris Johnson for Pierre Garcon in my league?

10 team 0.5 PPR

My team:

QB: Brees
RB: Foster, CJ2K, Gio Bernard, David Wilson, Bilal Powell
WR: Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson
TE: Orange Julius

I feel like now is the time to sell Johnson high after his last game, what do you guys think?

Yeah man I probably would. Even if it's starting only 2 WR's. He's just not doing much and will lose some touches to Greene. He'll still have a couple big games though and go over 1,000 at least. Gio is a decent option and Wilson/Powell not bad RB options either you could do much worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: