Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Colts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Colts Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. My strategy is to get Drew Brees in the second round (10 team league, 14th) but I keep seeing Andrew Luck available in the 10th and I usually snag him. I think he's poised for a breakout year, statswise. What kind of season do you see him putting up?

2. Reggie Wayne was one of my best picks last year, are we looking at similar production for him? Even with Arians gone?

3. TY Hilton has been impressing me, I want to snag him, but I worry that he's a #3 WR. Is he capable of being a 1000yard guy? Everything else screams potential with this guy.

4. Any one of your RBs worth drafting?

5. Any one of your TEs worth drafting?

6. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Colts Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

Quote:
1. My strategy is to get Drew Brees in the second round (10 team league, 14th) but I keep seeing Andrew Luck available in the 10th and I usually snag him. I think he's poised for a breakout year, statswise. What kind of season do you see him putting up?

I expect Luck to have a great year, brien way more efficient.

4000yds 25TD 12Int?
Quote:
2. Reggie Wayne was one of my best picks last year, are we looking at similar production for him? Even with Arians gone?

Yeah i expect pretty similar stats to last season, he is still number 1 option, and gets open all the time.

Quote:
3. TY Hilton has been impressing me, I want to snag him, but I worry that he's a #3 WR. Is he capable of being a 1000yard guy? Everything else screams potential with this guy.

Pick him up, I think there is good chacne he is #2 wr, either way I expect him to have a good year too, could be much better if he beats out DHB for #2 spot.
Quote:
4. Any one of your RBs worth drafting?

Ballard/Bradshaw, cant say too much either way, not sure how playig time is going to play out.

Quote:
5. Any one of your TEs worth drafting

I would say both of them are possibly worth drafting, Allen has a hurt foot right now, so if anything comes of that Fleener probably be a steal.

Quote:
6. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Hopefully our Defense, its ranked pretty low.

Thanks guys

marktheshark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will T.Y. still be returning kicks, if not who?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
Will T.Y. still be returning kicks, if not who?

There is a good possibility(punt returning), but look for Kerwynn Williams to be returning some kicks, as well as LaVon Brazil when he gets back from suspension.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reggie Wayne will be one of Luck's 2 or 3 main targets. I like him to get 13 Touchdowns, 134 Receptions and 1462 Receiving yards.
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that much for Reggie?

Is TY going to be on the field on 2 WR sets?

And will Pep Hamilton's offense be more run oriented? Meaning less passes to Wayne and TY Hilton?
marktheshark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Wow that much for Reggie?

Is TY going to be on the field on 2 WR sets?

And will Pep Hamilton's offense be more run oriented? Meaning less passes to Wayne and TY Hilton?

I can only speak as a Stanford fan, but dont expect this to be the same offense unless they open things up. Thing is the Jim Harbough offence is very efficent, your going to see a lot lf two TE sets, your going to bring in a FB and run downhill, there's going to be a lot of play fakes and deep shots to TY Hilton on occasion, the passing game is buillt off the run so expect lots of attemps by a committee of Ballard/Bradshaw. The passing game willl sprad the wealth around. Do not expect it the same as the 49ers in the playoffs as the offense likes to change like in bowl games and really open things up.
if the Indy coaching staff wants to let Luck upon it up during the regular season like Manning, Brees, Rodgers expect big numbers from Luck but I think you,ll find it more balanced as during the reguler seasom as Pep Hamilton comes from the Stanford system instilled by Jim Harbaugh several years ago, and Pep become the OC under the same offense continued by David Shaw so if you look back at history, look back and Luck at Stanford and Alex Smith and Kap's NFL numbers. Luck didn't put up the best numbers in collage, Alex Smith was the most efficient QB in the league last year before he got hurt and Kap efficient but made more out of it because of his athleticism but It's a very efficient offense, far fewer attempts, higher completion pircintage and TD/INT ratio. Meaning fewer fantasy points if the coaching staff decides not to open things up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update this as it's been 3 weeks. Is Luck still on track to possible be a Top 5 fantasy QB?

Who is your starting RB and are they worth drafting as a #2 or #3 fantasy RB?

Is Reggie still poised for a 100/1200/6 type year?

And how is TY Hilton looking? Is he off the field for 2 WR sets? Would you take him over Stevie Johnson or Miles Austin?
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
To update this as it's been 3 weeks. Is Luck still on track to possible be a Top 5 fantasy QB?

Tough to say, will be very good though

Who is your starting RB and are they worth drafting as a #2 or #3 fantasy RB?

Bradshaw or Ballard, possibly later round steals, especially if one get hurt.

Is Reggie still poised for a 100/1200/6 type year?

Most definitely

And how is TY Hilton looking? Is he off the field for 2 WR sets? Would you take him over Stevie Johnson or Miles Austin?

I would take him over those guys

BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
I think Reggie Wayne will be one of Luck's 2 or 3 main targets. I like him to get 13 Touchdowns, 134 Receptions and 1462 Receiving yards.

That stat line is unreal so I assume youre just joking. It's hard to tell but people are really looking for honest answers and that my friend is nothing but wishful thinking!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
tom cody wrote:

That stat line is unreal so I assume youre just joking. It's hard to tell but people are really looking for honest answers and that my friend is nothing but wishful thinking!

Yeah those numbers are crazy

I think Reggie will be 80-100 catches, probably closer to 100 if not a few over.

I think he will have 1100-1200 yards

6 Touchdowns

I see no reason to think he will have a career high in TD's this year, although it is possible.

Reggie is still on top of his game, you can bet that.
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a DHB owner, should I be excited about my prospects this season? I'm already leaning towards starting him for the opener against his old team and their terrible pass defense.

FF Member #67
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
As a DHB owner, should I be excited about my prospects this season? I'm already leaning towards starting him for the opener against his old team and their terrible pass defense.

I think DHB will have ample opportunities to put up[ some very good numbers this year. It all just really depends on him, he needs to focus and make some plays.

I could see DHB putting up 800-900 yards 5-6 TD's.

hell maybe more, just depends how he plays, TY will be applying some pressure.
futbudds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any word lately on Bradshaw taking over as the starter? I think he could have a really good year if luck turns another corner this year.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
Has there been any word lately on Bradshaw taking over as the starter? I think he could have a really good year if luck turns another corner this year.

I havent heard anything concrete, I do know that Bradshaw is a beast on Madden though.

20rushes 211yds 3tds 1td receiving against Oakland in week 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: