Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Steelers
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McGahee


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1256
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Steelers Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Le'Veon Bell. I've been able to get him in the 4th round consistently in some 10 team mock drafts. My whole draft hinges on me being able to get him as my #2 RB. Is he the guaranteed starter and will he play on 3rd downs? What kind of stats do you see him putting up. Any kind of info you can tell me would be great, want to do my homework on this pick.

Also, would you take Bell over David Wilson or Lamar Miller?

2. With Antonio Brown the #1 WR now, what kind of year do you see him having stats wise? Is he a #2 or #3 fantasy WR option? Also, does this make Emmanuel Sanders a sleeper?

3. Heath Miller worth drafting at all?

4. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigben07MVP


Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9455
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If he is healthy, he'll be the starter. LaRod-Stephens Howling will take 3rd down carries from him and Isaac Redman could take some goal-line/redzone carries from him. I could see 980 yards, 6 TDs.

I would take Bell over Miller but not David Wilson.

2. The majority of the passing game will go through Brown and Sanders until Miller comes back, which is relatively unknown at this point. There is no other red-zone threat at TE or WR either. Brown is very capable of being a #2 and Sanders could definitely be a sleeper.

3. Yes and no. We only have one receiver that is taller than 6'1" and its Justin Brown, a rookie 6th round pick so he will be a big red zone target. Him time table for return is pretty uncertain though, he could end up being a wasted of roster space.

4. Larod Stephens-Howling, Sanders, maybe David Paulson.
_________________

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10037
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Steelers Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Le'Veon Bell. I've been able to get him in the 4th round consistently in some 10 team mock drafts. My whole draft hinges on me being able to get him as my #2 RB. Is he the guaranteed starter and will he play on 3rd downs? What kind of stats do you see him putting up. Any kind of info you can tell me would be great, want to do my homework on this pick. he was a guaranteed starter until he started having issues with his knee. Not sure if it's soreness or precautionary or something worse

Also, would you take Bell over David Wilson or Lamar Miller? prior to the injury issue, yes. Now...I'm not so sure

2. With Antonio Brown the #1 WR now, what kind of year do you see him having stats wise? Is he a #2 or #3 fantasy WR option? Also, does this make Emmanuel Sanders a sleeper? Sanders is a solid sleeper I think, and yes I think Brown is a solid #3/flex

3. Heath Miller worth drafting at all? no

4. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on? Sanders. Whatever RB starts as long as our OL is healthy. Will Johnson as a deep sleeper. If you play IDP, grab Shamarko Thomas in deeper leagues to stash, Robert Golden if either Troy or Ryan Clark go down, and Cortez Allen as he will get a lot of targets opposite Ike

Thanks guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8286
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not draft Bell before the 6th to 8th round. At best he would be my 3 RB.

Brown is a solid #3 WR.

Sleepers might be Redman or SLH if you do points by catch.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGahee


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1256
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of iffy on Bell now, especially with the injuries but also the lack of holes in the run game. Kugler used to be the Bills OL coach and was just awful.

At the same time, Dwyer came in a made it look like there were gaping holes. Not a good sign, I'll give Bell one more game though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50475
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Kind of iffy on Bell now, especially with the injuries but also the lack of holes in the run game. Kugler used to be the Bills OL coach and was just awful.

At the same time, Dwyer came in a made it look like there were gaping holes. Not a good sign, I'll give Bell one more game though


Kugler isnt our OLine coach anymore.

And Dwyer did have some decent holes. if you watched the game last week, Dwyer looked pretty bad outside of one run.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGahee


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1256
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would that mean there is cause for concern about the running game, and Bell as a fantasy option?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MeanJoeGreen


Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 2053
Location: I am the one who knocks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe my league is too deep but I wouldn't touch any steeler. even brown and wallace didn't do much last year. I wouldn't even come close to drafting a single RB on this roster. if heath was healthy then him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kwabalicious


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 186
Location: PA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath Miller will be there for you in the least round, and probably even in FA (you can probably wait a few weeks to get him), and I really recommend you take him. He was top 2 among afc tight ends in catches, yards, and touchdowns last year, and he missed a game. Now, he is recovering from a torn ACL, but when he comes back, he will be the Steelers only true redzone target, and he was still first among AFC tight ends in yards.

I'd also try to nab Sanders (Miller out the first month or more); I wouldn't be surprised if he has more catches and yards than Brown this year; I'm thinking 1000 yards and 5 TDs could definitely happen with Sanders. He'd be a decent 3rd-4th WR, and great off the bench.

Definitely stay away from Bell unless he is a third RB. He's been injured in like three different ways this offseason, and even though he has been great in camp, he has not pulled away from Redman for the starting job yet, and Dwyer and Stephens Howling could get playing time as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1522
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I was wondering how you think Markus Wheaton will perform this year. I'm in a salary cap keepers league and with my final pick and 6th wr I was thinking of selecting him.

I would be able to keep him for this year and the next 2. I'm debating on him, Mo Sanu and Kendal Wright. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HeySteelers


Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 6132
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Hey guys I was wondering how you think Markus Wheaton will perform this year. I'm in a salary cap keepers league and with my final pick and 6th wr I was thinking of selecting him.

I would be able to keep him for this year and the next 2. I'm debating on him, Mo Sanu and Kendal Wright. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks


I would go with Wright, I've been hearing he has been the best WR in Titans camp, and is a starter. Wheaton looks good but he is the third string receiver at this point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1522
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Hey guys I was wondering how you think Markus Wheaton will perform this year. I'm in a salary cap keepers league and with my final pick and 6th wr I was thinking of selecting him.

I would be able to keep him for this year and the next 2. I'm debating on him, Mo Sanu and Kendal Wright. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks


I would go with Wright, I've been hearing he has been the best WR in Titans camp, and is a starter. Wheaton looks good but he is the third string receiver at this point.


He was looking great in camp then he sprained his knee and I'm just not sure how serious it is. But thanks for the input!
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGahee


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1256
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that it's been 3 games in, does Dwyer look like he is taking over the full time starting job? Including passing downs and goalline?

Trying to figure out if he's worth drafting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niedermaier


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 988
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Now that it's been 3 games in, does Dwyer look like he is taking over the full time starting job? Including passing downs and goalline?

Trying to figure out if he's worth drafting


Also, Who will be starting in your opinion: Redman or Dwyer?
_________________
Will we ever address the Guard position?

Larry Little #66
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGahee


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1256
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Sanders very late, and I'm very thin at WR. What kind of a season can I expect out of him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group