Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
a4ce wrote:
So, after a week in the books, what is the outlook for Gio? Looked good enough to takeover as RB1 in the future?

Was offered by the RBush owner Lacy for Gio and Joique.

I think he will see more carries but not more than 12 a game and maybe 15-17 total touches a game

I think that's highly optimistic, given this coaching staff. I think he'll get that occasionally, but not consistently.

I think his per game average at the end of the year is 10 touches/game.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After one game i'm convinced Gio should get 75% of the RB touches. But he won't. Because the Bengals are dumb.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
After one game i'm convinced Gio should get 75% of the RB touches. But he won't. Because the Bengals are dumb.

Pretty much. Just waiting on a reporter to ask Marvin after the game: 'Who determines the running back snaps? You, Hue, Gruden or BJGE's agent?
unfsaint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the chances of Marvin Lewis getting fired and a HC half-sane about personnel decisions being brought in?
unfsaint

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question guys...be real with me. Am I wasting my time hoping that Bernard turns into the next great fantasy running back. I think that Jay Gruden must be BGE's godfather or something. Lawfirm pounding out 3.2 ypc while Bernard is running around and through defenses...I don't get it.

I am considering Bernard in a keeper league...but I have serious concerns that this role won't expand going forward...even into next season. Insight?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
Serious question guys...be real with me. Am I wasting my time hoping that Bernard turns into the next great fantasy running back. I think that Jay Gruden must be BGE's godfather or something. Lawfirm pounding out 3.2 ypc while Bernard is running around and through defenses...I don't get it.

I am considering Bernard in a keeper league...but I have serious concerns that this role won't expand going forward...even into next season. Insight?

I'm no fantasy expert (since I don't play) but Marvin's MO has always been to bring rookies along slowly. He also likes to rotate guys to keep them fresh for the stretch run. Playing in the AFCN requires a team to rely heavily on RBs, so Marvin will always try to spread the wealth. I'd say Bernard's role will increase slightly thru this year, but he will be a bigger cog after a full offseason.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll probably be a 17 touch/game guy next year. If not more. Right now BJGE gets all the work at the end of the game when they're trying to kill it, otherwise they get equal work through 3 quarters.

If you already have Bernard, keep him. Him and Lacy are probably two of the best keepers out there among RB's (depending on your league rules).

unfsaint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
He'll probably be a 17 touch/game guy next year. If not more. Right now BJGE gets all the work at the end of the game when they're trying to kill it, otherwise they get equal work through 3 quarters.

If you already have Bernard, keep him. Him and Lacy are probably two of the best keepers out there among RB's (depending on your league rules).

Thank you for reassurance. I also have Lacy. I keep a player in the round they were drafted...so I would keep Lacy for a 3rd and Bernard for a 6th. I can keep up to four players. I also have Ellington (19th round pick), Stafford (5th), Vereen (11th), R. Wilson (19th), and Jeffery (12th).
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
theJ wrote:

Thank you for reassurance. I also have Lacy. I keep a player in the round they were drafted...so I would keep Lacy for a 3rd and Bernard for a 6th. I can keep up to four players. I also have Ellington (19th round pick), Stafford (5th), Vereen (11th), R. Wilson (19th), and Jeffery (12th).

How many can you keep? Those are all great keepers, IMO. All of those guys will go above their 2013 draft spot next year, barring injury.

Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
unfsaint wrote:
theJ wrote:

How many can you keep? Those are all great keepers, IMO. All of those guys will go above their 2013 draft spot next year, barring injury.

I would shy away form Vereen because of his injury history, but the rest are all solid choices. I would definitely keep Lacy and Bernard.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJGE continues to be mediocre at best (3.4 YPC) and that is with not just short yardage carries. He also has not been very good in short yardage, as Bernard has been better in converting short yardage. BJGE also has been just as fumble prone this season. ???

Bernard has only rushed the ball 10 times on 3rd down this season. If it is 3rd down and Bernard is on the field...you can safely assume that it will be a passing play.

Also, Bernard has only rushed 12 times this season with 1-3 yards to go for the first down/touchdown. He has converted on 10 of 12, including his only two goal line carries. 83% conversion rate on short yardage, 100% conversion rate on short yardage TDs. Not bad.

Meanwhile, BJGE has had 37 attempts this season with 1-3 yards to go for the first down/touchdown. He has converted on 26 of 37, and 4 of 7 on goal line short yardage conversions. Also...one of his 26 conversions, though it was converted, ended up being fumbled. 70% conversion rate on short yardage, 57% conversion on short yardage TDs (though we all know that one of the IND TDs was the wrong call).

I can see BJGE trotting out on the field in short yardage situations between the 20s. You don't want to wear down Bernard. But when a TD is on the line, Bernard SHOULD be in the game. Not only is he the better short yardage runner, but also has the ability to catch out of the backfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: