Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Bengals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Bengals Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Is Gresham finally going to break out or has Eifert killed his fantasy value? Are either worth drafting as a #1 TE?

2. What is the RB situation like? IS BJGE worth drafting as a #2 RB or is Bernard going to steal carries from him? Is Bernard worth drafting as a possible late round sleeper? What kind of stats do you see both of them putting up?

3. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Both will see the field quite a bit, including a lot at the same time. Eifert is still a rookie, and Gresham is in contract year. From what I have seen of them live, Gresham has looked better than ever. Eifert runs like a gazelle, but he's still learning. I think Gresh will surprise some people this year, and i'm a big believer in contract year.

2) I'd expect Gio to get about 250 or so touches, 50 of those being receptions for about 350-400 yards. I'd guess BJGE gets about 275 or so touches, with most all of those being rushes. It'll be more like a platoon than a starter/3rd down back scenario.

3) Mo Sanu at WR. He seems to have a nose for the end zone and is a pristine route runner. Marvin Jones may have more flashy plays, but I think Mo is far more consistent and gets plenty of looks with guys worried about the height of Eifert, Gresh, and AJ drawing the primary coverage attention.

Also, if you can get the Bengals defense late, they could come through big time this year. The front 7 will be one of the toughest run stuffing D's in the NFL, and more passes against tend to lead to more sacks and int's. And we have Geno. He's a frickin monster.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys to Target:
AJ Green (I'd go with guys like Bryant/Julio over Green just because he's in a tougher position to post huge numbers).
Gio Bernard (especially in PPR).
Marvin Jones (he's lit it up at camp and will likely be our second deep threat. Marvin has raved about him).
Bengals D
Eifert/Gresham Late (both looking like 50 rec, 800 yard, 7 TD guys)

Guys to Avoid:
Andy Dalton
Mo Sanu/Andrew Hawkins
BJGE

IMO, of course.
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to look into Gio, I think he might take over as the starting RB sometime this season. I think he's severely underrated right now
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
I'm going to look into Gio, I think he might take over as the starting RB sometime this season. I think he's severely underrated right now

I don't think Gio takes over until next year. It takes a lot to displace veteran starters on a Marvin Lewis team. Gio would have to be ridiculously good, and BJGE ridiculously average, to make that change.

I think it starts off as a 70/30 or 60/40 split on touches. I could see that progress to 50/50 by seasons end. But the Bengals have BJGE until contract until end of 2014, so they're going to use him.

Best case you can hope for with Gio is that he's Jamaal Charles V2. Racking up crazy yardage on split carries.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To revisit this now that it's been about 3 games.

I've noticed that the running game tends to stall when BJGE is in, and takes off when Gio is in. Is Gio getting closer and closer to taking over? Have the coaches dropped any hints?

I'm seriously considering drafting Gio as my #3 RB
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got Gio as a #4 RB that I will let sit on my bench and hopefully get value
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
I actually got Gio as a #4 RB that I will let sit on my bench and hopefully get value

Smart pick. He has looked very effective so far. He is my flex in 1 league and just missed him in another

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
McGahee wrote:

Smart pick. He has looked very effective so far. He is my flex in 1 league and just missed him in another

I think a flex is expecting too much from him. At least initially, he won't be much more valuable than Bernard Scott was, IMO. Maybe after a few games if he impresses then he'll get more touches. But BJGE is still the starter, and in this offense that means a lot.

As a #4 though, that's pretty good value.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
McGahee wrote:

I think a flex is expecting too much from him. At least initially, he won't be much more valuable than Bernard Scott was, IMO. Maybe after a few games if he impresses then he'll get more touches. But BJGE is still the starter, and in this offense that means a lot.

Yeah I don't love him as a flex early, but its a keeper league so I was happy to get him. It's also a PPR league. Maybe should have mentioned that

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
McGahee wrote:

Yeah I don't love him as a flex early, but its a keeper league so I was happy to get him. It's also a PPR league. Maybe should have mentioned that

Both of those help.

Given the Bengals history of high draft pick RB's, it's definitely a boom or bust pick. I hope it works out for you. Smile

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Eifert as my number 2 TE. Do you guys expect solid production out of him?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Got Eifert as my number 2 TE. Do you guys expect solid production out of him?

My prediction is 500-600 yards and 5-6 TD's, and Gresham to get 600-700 yards and 5-6 TD's

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
a4ce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after a week in the books, what is the outlook for Gio? Looked good enough to takeover as RB1 in the future?

Was offered by the RBush owner Lacy for Gio and Joique.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a4ce wrote:
So, after a week in the books, what is the outlook for Gio? Looked good enough to takeover as RB1 in the future?

Was offered by the RBush owner Lacy for Gio and Joique.

I think he will see more carries but not more than 12 a game and maybe 15-17 total touches a game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: