Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for your team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for your team Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. What kind of a season do you see Mike Wallace having? I heard he had some chemistry issues with Tannehill so far, is he a decent #2 fantasy WR?

2. Lamar Miller - I'm looking at him as my RB2. Is he the full time #1 RB for your team? Will he play on 3rd downs and will he be a factor in the passing game? What kind of season do you see him putting up

3. Any other sleeper player to maybe keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am personally staying away from most Dolphins players this year. The only player I might target in the later rounds in Dustin Keller. Probably Miami's Def in the last round.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone will draft Wallace too high, don't let it be you.

Hartline may be valuable in a PPR in the later rounds.

Sturgis should be one of the first kickers off the board.

Don't draft a Dolphins RB and plan on starting him, Miller will likely come off the field on 3rd down.

Tannehill will likely spread the ball around a lot, he has 4 great receiving targets this year (Wallace, Hartline, Keller, Gibson).
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only looking at Keller and Sturgis

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
McGahee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I read this, I thought Miller was going to be THE guy .. better I steer clear from him
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Good thing I read this, I thought Miller was going to be THE guy .. better I steer clear from him

Miller might end up being THE guy, but there are question marks about his ability to pass block and his ability to stay healthy for the full season. They may try to limit his carries a little and they have the ability to do that because we have three solid RB's. I wouldn't take him as high as many projections. That's not to say I wouldn't take him a little later in the draft though cause he will get some yards and has upside.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it really depends on the scoring format for you league.

For Sturgis I will project:

35 PATS

Field Goals 20 - 29 yards 6
30 - 39 yards 10
40- 49 yards 11
50plus yards 5

For Lamar Miller 215 attempts rushing 934 yards net 6 TD's
38 receptions for 218 yards 2 TD's

For Mike Wallace 66 receptions 977 yards 9 TD's

For Brian Hartline 78 receptions 1178 yards 4 TD's

For Dustin Keller 60 receptions 708 yards 6 TD's

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Hartline really going to have that good of a season?

And I've been able to get Wallace as a #2 WR or #3 WR depending on my strategy - is his value right about there?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

And I've been able to get Wallace as a #2 WR or #3 WR depending on my strategy - is his value right about there?

I doubt anybody on this forum would be surprised if Hartline is the leading receiver on this team. He is Tannehill's go-to guy and his play style probably means more catches than Wallace.

Hartline had 1k yards last season as our #1 WR on a bottom-5 receiving corps. This year he'll be lining up against the #2 CB as opposed to the #1 like last year and the safeties will likely be keying in on Wallace more.

I don't like predicting statistics but I think it's safe to assume Hartline will be the more consistent WR while Wallace is more feast-or-famine on a week to week basis especially with how our OL has been playing in passing situations.

Too many new faces on this offense to make a reliable prediction on this group of WRs.
bMiller031

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drafted Lamar Miller in the 6th round as my 3rd running back, did i make a mistake? what kind of impact will he have this year?
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
I drafted Lamar Miller in the 6th round as my 3rd running back, did i make a mistake? what kind of impact will he have this year?

He is a solid RB3, but at this point Thomas could end up with more carries than him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
bMiller031 wrote:

He is a solid RB3, but at this point Thomas could end up with more carries than him.

i think its a kick up the butt move, Lamar will be the guy come the season but its good DT is running well
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
candyman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

I like Hartline very much as a #4, he doesnt have the upside of other options, but he will probably get around 1000 yards and at least 4 or 5 touchdowns. Last year, while having only 1 Td he finished as the #36 WR. I believe he is going to have a similar season to the one Lance Moore had last year, 1040 yards and 6 TDs while finishing in the top 30 WR scoring leaders.

As for Wallace he is a #3 borderline #2 WR, who IMO will put around 1000 yards and 8 TDs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
McGahee wrote:

I like Hartline very much as a #4, he doesnt have the upside of other options, but he will probably get around 1000 yards and at least 4 or 5 touchdowns. Last year, while having only 1 Td he finished as the #36 WR. I believe he is going to have a similar season to the one Lance Moore had last year, 1040 yards and 6 TDs while finishing in the top 30 WR scoring leaders.

As for Wallace he is a #3 borderline #2 WR, who IMO will put around 1000 yards and 8 TDs.

I would say your pretty much in line on your projections for Hartline and Wallace.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly cant complain if Miller is my number 3 but as a fantasy owner of 2 leagues I would still be hesitant making the pick. I cant get a read on the dolphins RB situation as oddly as it sounds I think the staff feels more confident in Thomas on 3rd down and goal line and I am not sure that changes. I feel like Miami is either treating Miller like a sports car and just keeping it in the garage until the lights come on or Thomas is turned the corner and he is becoming the guy.. Or I have no clue what I am talking about which wouldn't be the first time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: