Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Driver weighs in on Jennings/Rodgers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13345
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Charles Woodson's turn to speak up.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=8791&is_corp=1
Wait, Rodgers isn't the devil? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Woodson was a team leader along with Rodgers. His opinion holds just as much weight, if not more, then the two receivers.

Jennings is bitter and it is so very obvious. What's not obvious is why. I'm tired of talking about this.

Also Duffman, just because someone an here disagrees with your opinion on Rodgers, doesn't make them a homer. I've seen u use that word multiple times in this thread. Tread lightly with that word and don't just throw it around. Just because some stick up for Rodgers, that doesn't make them homers.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HokieHigh


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 1807
Location: Blacksburg
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After these most recent comments it is clear to me that this is hilariously irrelevant still. Arrow Next
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CallMeBarrett


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 737
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers never seemed like the type to hold someone's hand when they blew something. There would be something wrong if he's had dropped passes/sacks/busted plays and defending every single play.

If you did something, you did it. Just learn from it and move on.

And IMO, that just feels like it's been the team's motto for a long time. Success breeds more success and salty players.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7593
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
Rodgers never seemed like the type to hold someone's hand when they blew something. There would be something wrong if he's had dropped passes/sacks/busted plays and defending every single play.

If you did something, you did it. Just learn from it and move on.

And IMO, that just feels like it's been the team's motto for a long time. Success breeds more success and salty players.
Laughing Why this is so hard to grasp is amazing Laughing

Honestly, you are a grown damn man, getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, you are paid to run routes, catch the football and occasionally block. You are telling me that if you screw that up, somebody else should take the blame for it?

That makes it clear to me, whoever says that has maturity issues. They have self confidence issues and they can not handle criticism. They are immature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CallMeBarrett


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 737
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:
Rodgers never seemed like the type to hold someone's hand when they blew something. There would be something wrong if he's had dropped passes/sacks/busted plays and defending every single play.

If you did something, you did it. Just learn from it and move on.

And IMO, that just feels like it's been the team's motto for a long time. Success breeds more success and salty players.
Laughing Why this is so hard to grasp is amazing Laughing

Honestly, you are a grown damn man, getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, you are paid to run routes, catch the football and occasionally block. You are telling me that if you screw that up, somebody else should take the blame for it?

That makes it clear to me, whoever says that has maturity issues. They have self confidence issues and they can not handle criticism. They are immature.


I can understand that you can lose your confidence and get into a slump, but you can't expect someone to just be like "lol there'll be another kick/route to run/block to make/catch to make/FAIR CATCH TO MAKE/HAIL MARY CALL TO MAKE CORRECT in the playoffs, bruh. Sorry I didn't put the team on my back due to your mistakes doe, my fault."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abalow7


Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 272
Location: New Richmond, WI
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't think Driver's comments were much out of line. He was just trying to understand Jennings point of view. I wouldn't lump Driver into Jennings boat on this, he was just saying that sometimes it is expected for a leader to shoulder some blame for one of his teammates' mistakes. Whether or not it was your fault that the WR ran the wrong route, it is more important to help him out and take some of the blame as a member of the team. There is no I in team, and being a part of the team means the blame has to be shared regardless of who exactly is to point the finger at.
_________________


Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duff Man


Joined: 05 May 2013
Posts: 509
Location: Sveltville
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abalow7 wrote:
I actually don't think Driver's comments were much out of line. He was just trying to understand Jennings point of view. I wouldn't lump Driver into Jennings boat on this, he was just saying that sometimes it is expected for a leader to shoulder some blame for one of his teammates' mistakes. Whether or not it was your fault that the WR ran the wrong route, it is more important to help him out and take some of the blame as a member of the team. There is no I in team, and being a part of the team means the blame has to be shared regardless of who exactly is to point the finger at.


That's a very fair assessment I'd say ...

and hey I see you're from New Richmond, I graduated right down the road from ya in baldwin lol!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Macc_Aviv


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 820
Location: Shaking babies and kissing hands
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:
Abalow7 wrote:
I actually don't think Driver's comments were much out of line. He was just trying to understand Jennings point of view. I wouldn't lump Driver into Jennings boat on this, he was just saying that sometimes it is expected for a leader to shoulder some blame for one of his teammates' mistakes. Whether or not it was your fault that the WR ran the wrong route, it is more important to help him out and take some of the blame as a member of the team. There is no I in team, and being a part of the team means the blame has to be shared regardless of who exactly is to point the finger at.


That's a very fair assessment I'd say ...

and hey I see you're from New Richmond, I graduated right down the road from ya in baldwin lol!

Middle Border Conference is the worst


Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duff Man


Joined: 05 May 2013
Posts: 509
Location: Sveltville
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
Duff Man wrote:
Abalow7 wrote:
I actually don't think Driver's comments were much out of line. He was just trying to understand Jennings point of view. I wouldn't lump Driver into Jennings boat on this, he was just saying that sometimes it is expected for a leader to shoulder some blame for one of his teammates' mistakes. Whether or not it was your fault that the WR ran the wrong route, it is more important to help him out and take some of the blame as a member of the team. There is no I in team, and being a part of the team means the blame has to be shared regardless of who exactly is to point the finger at.


That's a very fair assessment I'd say ...

and hey I see you're from New Richmond, I graduated right down the road from ya in baldwin lol!

Middle Border Conference is the worst


Razz


Awwwwww come on now, you a Big Rivers guy or what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3458
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
Duff Man wrote:
Abalow7 wrote:
I actually don't think Driver's comments were much out of line. He was just trying to understand Jennings point of view. I wouldn't lump Driver into Jennings boat on this, he was just saying that sometimes it is expected for a leader to shoulder some blame for one of his teammates' mistakes. Whether or not it was your fault that the WR ran the wrong route, it is more important to help him out and take some of the blame as a member of the team. There is no I in team, and being a part of the team means the blame has to be shared regardless of who exactly is to point the finger at.


That's a very fair assessment I'd say ...

and hey I see you're from New Richmond, I graduated right down the road from ya in baldwin lol!

Middle Border Conference is the worst


Razz


Awwwwww come on now, you a Big Rivers guy or what?


Wisconsin Valley represent Cool Best in the state.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BartStarving


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1037
Location: Avon, New York
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Why anybody would waste their time watching Skip Clueless on the idiot box is beyond me. Laughing


Indeed!!! Terrorist prisoners should be forced to listen to every one of his "commentaries".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 14754
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here, but I do find it strange that Driver has now pretty much echoed the sentiments of Jennings. Before we had Finley spouting off about his QB, and I wrote that off as Finley being a moron. Where it gets interesting is when you have Jennings, and especially Driver voicing complaints. Now that Jennings is playing for the Vikings, I would have just ignored his comments, figuring he has some kind of agenda of his own. However, when Driver, who no longer has any horse in the race, starts talking about his former QB, the chorus of voices starts to gain some traction.

Rodgers is undoubtedly a great QB. Nobody can argue that. At the same time, do you guys worry that there are some shortcomings in his leadership style that can keep him from rising to the level of his physical talents over the course of his career? In other words, do you worry that there really is something to all of this, and that it could hold Rodgers back from ultimate playoff success that he might otherwise have over the remainder of his career?
_________________

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2631
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Why anybody would waste their time watching Skip Clueless on the idiot box is beyond me. Laughing


Indeed!!! Terrorist prisoners should be forced to listen to every one of his "commentaries".


Ditto - Greg Jennings must be mortified being a Viking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gbpacker40


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 1856
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'm not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here, but I do find it strange that Driver has now pretty much echoed the sentiments of Jennings. Before we had Finley spouting off about his QB, and I wrote that off as Finley being a moron. Where it gets interesting is when you have Jennings, and especially Driver voicing complaints. Now that Jennings is playing for the Vikings, I would have just ignored his comments, figuring he has some kind of agenda of his own. However, when Driver, who no longer has any horse in the race, starts talking about his former QB, the chorus of voices starts to gain some traction.

Rodgers is undoubtedly a great QB. Nobody can argue that. At the same time, do you guys worry that there are some shortcomings in his leadership style that can keep him from rising to the level of his physical talents over the course of his career? In other words, do you worry that there really is something to all of this, and that it could hold Rodgers back from ultimate playoff success that he might otherwise have over the remainder of his career?


I have zero worries. Especially with Woodson coming out and standing with Rodgers. The fact that they mentioned that AR wouldnt take blame for WR's screwing up pretty much tells me what I need to know. Personal responsibility is something apparently GJ doesnt know about. I think DD was just trying to comment on the issue and maybe got taken the wrong way or perhaps he didnt paraphrase or state his comments very clear. I think in the day of 24/7 media this crap gets way overblown. The only person I think that has a problem is GJ and I don't think its necessarily with AR, I think he is [inappropriate/removed] by the Packers lack of interest and he is taking out his grievance in a way he think hurts the Packers the most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 14754
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I just scooped this whole story. Cheeseheads everywhere will be proud to know that this story was figured out by a fellow member (albeit a Viking fan) of Football's Future.

There IS someone behind all these reports and comments! Who is the one person who is dastardly enough in his thinking, and possessing enough influence over all of these Packer receivers to start them talking like this?

Yes my friends, it is none other than....

[insert villainous music here]



















































Laughing Wink
_________________

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group