Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Driver weighs in on Jennings/Rodgers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhenrich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Driver weighs in on Jennings/Rodgers Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/59467/donald-driver-on-the-greg-jennings-aaron-rodgers-issues

Seems fishy to me. Is Aaron maybe not the leader we think he is?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's my take...

Rodgers is a perfectionist. We already knew this. During games there isn't time nor is it exactly valuable to assign levels of blame. The coaches probably like to know what happened and Rodgers tells them in no uncertain terms. He has probably come to expect perfection from guys like Jennings and driver too.

Those no sense in parsing words and blame when there's such limited time to fix mistakes. Would it be nice for Rodgers to absorb some of the blame even when its admittedly the wrs fault? I dunno. Im not sure there is actually. Need to maintain an aura that promotes a feeling of not wanting to let you down while not instilling contempt either.

We also must realize driver is almost certainly going to side with Jennings on this anyway.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Driver weighs in on Jennings/Rodgers Reply with quote

jhenrich wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/59467/donald-driver-on-the-greg-jennings-aaron-rodgers-issues

Seems fishy to me. Is Aaron maybe not the leader we think he is?

My thoughts would be that there will always be this type of belief and thoughts amongst media and the team. Aaron is our QB And a SUPER star in this league. He's always under the spotlight. Is he a raw raw guy, who knows. But he's always involved, always there for his team, always working harder. Is that a leader?

Let us not forget though he's just a regular guy like the rest of us though with the exception of being filthy rich. He works with guys that make a fraction of what he does. He also works with guys that get blame in the media that they may feel should be on him. Furthermore some of his co workers may be jealous, or envious of his stature, position and stardom.

I doubt he's perfect and I'm sure in the locker room he's accountable for his failures and flaws. Not all teamates will be mature enough to recognize this or even care.

Currently Jennings plays for the Queens and we have the best QB in football playing for us. I like the banter back and fourth it's funny, and adds something on game day for both teams. I think people need to lighten up a bit and see that these guys are afforded the ability to be rather big kids and at times pretty petty and immature. Good for them for being dam good at football. I'm envious of both!
jhenrich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a better article.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/219779071.html
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just bizzare. Rodgers is supposed to shoulder the blame for wide receivers runningthe wrong routes? Goodness gracious them guys is getting paid too. If you are a pro and you make a mistake why do you get to hide while the other guy takes the fall? If Rodgers makes the wrong read on a hot route and tosses it right to a linebacker would Jennings or Driver say they should have broke their route off early? Hell no.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the media has a job to do and everything, but really, who cares? Wish they would stop talking about this.
smetana34

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we not allowed to hold others accountable for their actions nowadays? It seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame. If you ran the wrong route, you ran the wrong route. Man up and don't expect someone else to take the blame. That's just stupid.
Mkepackfan4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
Are we not allowed to hold others accountable for their actions nowadays? It seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame. If you ran the wrong route, you ran the wrong route. Man up and don't expect someone else to take the blame. That's just stupid.

The thing it makes me think of is when I was playing at a crappy big 10 school in the same state Greg Jennings currently resides. If, as a QB, I fumbled the snap or missed a handoff exchange, I always had to take the blame for the incident, whether I even got the ball to my hands on the snap or if the back dropped the ball. It was always on the QB, at least in front of the team. As the leader of the offense, that was the sword I was supposed to fall on, so to speak.
jhenrich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
This is just bizzare. Rodgers is supposed to shoulder the blame for wide receivers runningthe wrong routes? Goodness gracious them guys is getting paid too. If you are a pro and you make a mistake why do you get to hide while the other guy takes the fall? If Rodgers makes the wrong read on a hot route and tosses it right to a linebacker would Jennings or Driver say they should have broke their route off early? Hell no.

I agree. It's just weird with the whole Finley thing last year, and now Greg & Donald. I don't really get what he means by "taking the pressure off" the receivers. If you don't run the right route, it's not on Rodgers. Unless Aaron is calling these guys out constantly, I just don't see what the issue is.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also lets not forget that Rodgers shoulders his own blame. After the games I can't even count the times when he's shoulder the blame for his mistakes, as he should. Guys wanting him to shoulder the blame for their mistakes as well? I don't get that at all. Rodgers is a leader but being a leader doesn't mean you're accountable for all your teammates. That's just absurd.

Kempes on the custom sig!
SDN40

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Rodgers carries that chip a little too far ?
Maybe he nitpicks to the point of aggravation in the pursuit of perfection ?
Maybe he sometimes becomes a bit blinded in the expectations of others in his never ending pursuit to prove everyone wrong ?

Just tossing out the other side of the coin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's leadership style is different. There are times to hold teammates accountable and times to help them out. When you are 28, have a big contract, and tons of experience, you should be going out of your way to make sure people know you hold yourself accountable for a mistake, not trying to pass the buck on. Help a young guy out when he's busting his tail and makes a mistake. Hold him accountable when he a well paid veteran. He should be mature enough to handle it. But apparently Greg wasnt and got [inappropriate/removed].
marky mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Donald_Driver80: Tweeps: Listen
I can't believe people would think I'm talking about Aaron. Aaron is a great person and a good friend. He will tell you that

Quote:
Donald_Driver80: I've always told him never forget where you came from. He knows that. But the issue is between him and Greg. I love them both. Great friends

Quote:
Donald_Driver80: Haha! #media# can't live with them can't live without them. That's why I love you all.
Smile!!!!!!
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Maybe Rodgers carries that chip a little too far ?
Maybe he nitpicks to the point of aggravation in the pursuit of perfection ?
Maybe he sometimes becomes a bit blinded in the expectations of others in his never ending pursuit to prove everyone wrong ?

Just tossing out the other side of the coin

Very fair statement and true, there is no reason to suggest that ARod wouldn't not be everyone's fav it happens. Teamates are often critical of each other it happens. The media though continues to make these things so serious like it's a movie. Big deal, if it's my teamate or ex teamate i'd have some good honest fun with it and throw a few fun comments out there about how Jennings has hands of stone and couldn't catch a cold!

Obviously this stuff amongst millionaire athletes needs to be analyzed and scrutinized so we can better understand the...........blah blah blah......gotta have some more fun out there. Anyone miss the days where there was still a smile on a face and an athlete could fart and it wasn't a big deal. Or better yet be and have a personality without issue. Heck let the big guy Fin88 talk a bit now.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
Donald_Driver80: Tweeps: Listen
I can't believe people would think I'm talking about Aaron. Aaron is a great person and a good friend. He will tell you that

Quote:
Donald_Driver80: I've always told him never forget where you came from. He knows that. But the issue is between him and Greg. I love them both. Great friends

Quote:
Donald_Driver80: Haha! #media# can't live with them can't live without them. That's why I love you all.
Smile!!!!!!

Quick, NFL or ESPN what does Donal mean by this??????????????? I don't understand what does this mean? hahahahah media clowns. Donald should have some fun and offer to be a ref in an all out competition between Arod and Jennings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: