Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kickoff/punt returns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugsworth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Kickoff/punt returns Reply with quote

Does anyone know if David Wilson is still going to handle the returns, now that he's got a more featured RB role?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I hope not. Save his energy for the run game. Use guys like Hosely and Jernigan for the returns. Unless the CB corps gets thin again and substitute Andre Brown or Da'Rell Scott. Kickoff return is basically moot at this point in the NFL anyway. I like Randle on the punt returns, typically he's not going to be on the field on most 1st downs so he has a chance to catch a breather.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of the mock offseasons this forum drew up from around 09-12 had us drafting or signing a star return man. We finally got one, lets keep him there.

I'm fine with Wilson continuing KR duties and having a backfield committee. Brown, Wilson, and possibly even Michael Cox if he shows he can handle some carries.

I don't know who for PR. I'm still having issues trusting Hosely back there, and the moment he muffs one I'm going to be steaming.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
90% of the mock offseasons this forum drew up from around 09-12 had us drafting or signing a star return man. We finally got one, lets keep him there.

I'm fine with Wilson continuing KR duties and having a backfield committee. Brown, Wilson, and possibly even Michael Cox if he shows he can handle some carries.

I don't know who for PR. I'm still having issues trusting Hosely back there, and the moment he muffs one I'm going to be steaming.

Randle has been doing punts. And jerrel jernigan

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

Randle has been doing punts. And jerrel jernigan

Did Randle take any in the preseason game? I think Hosely took most. I don't remember seeing Randle back there, but I might have just missed it.

I liked Randle as a return man, but if he becomes a larger part of the offense I don't think we keep him on STs. And I don't think Jernigan is making the team.

I'm expecting Ross or Hosely to win the job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: