Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Prospects thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, what are the Ravens needs in the 1st round?
Example The 49ers #30 overall needs is WR/CB. will be shocked if it isnt.

any details would help like raning of needs. trying to make myself a draft guide
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldChampsHawk wrote:

any details would help like raning of needs. trying to make myself a draft guide

1.) Right Tackle
2.) Free Safety
3.) Wide Receiver
4.) Running Back
5.) Defensive Line
6.) Cornerback
7.) Linebacker
8.) Tight End

The top 4 are pretty set as the highest areas of need IMO. There's also pretty much a guarantee that there will be a player picked at every one of the first 6 positons, at the very least. They'll probably go around that general order in the draft. Though with the way the Ravens do business, there is always a good chance that any of these positions could be addressed early if they decide there is a player they simply cannot passed on. (i.e. they could easily take a corner or a tight end in the early rounds if they were to have them ranked high enough).
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
WorldChampsHawk wrote:

1.) Right Tackle/Left Guard
2.) Free Safety
3.) Wide Receiver
4.) Running Back
5.) Defensive Line
6.) Cornerback
7.) Linebacker
8.) Tight End

The top 4 are pretty set as the highest areas of need IMO. There's also pretty much a guarantee that there will be a player picked at every one of the first 6 positons, at the very least. They'll probably go around that general order in the draft. Though with the way the Ravens do business, there is always a good chance that any of these positions could be addressed early if they decide there is a player they simply cannot passed on. (i.e. they could easily take a corner or a tight end in the early rounds if they were to have them ranked high enough).

I'd say...

RT/LG - I think we could very well see KO kicked back out to RT, and so having a versatile guy allows us to put our best 5 out there rather than pigeon hole KO to LG.
FS
CB
WR
DL
TE
LB

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First round needs? With that in mind I'd say that the most likely outcomes for Baltimore would be free safety or offensive line. A cornerback is possible too because I could easily see one of them being the best player available and there's a distinct drop-off from the top tier in this class. At this point I have a hard time seeing them take a receiver in the first round unless it's Watkins or Evans. Ebron is the only tight end worthy of going that high but I don't think that's a likely pick either.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
First round needs? With that in mind I'd say that the most likely outcomes for Baltimore would be free safety or offensive line. A cornerback is possible too because I could easily see one of them being the best player available and there's a distinct drop-off from the top tier in this class. At this point I have a hard time seeing them take a receiver in the first round unless it's Watkins or Evans. Ebron is the only tight end worthy of going that high but I don't think that's a likely pick either.

Agreed. If we sit at 17, I think it's going to be one of: Lewan, Martin, Pryor, HCD or Dennard. I think if we move back a bit, WR comes more into play and we may see a guy like OBJ or guys like Fuller, Hageman, Mosley, or even Ward depending on how far back we go.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Ravens stay where they are these are the guys I think will be in the conversation:

Offensive Line - Zack Martin. That's it. No I didn't forget Taylor Lewan. I just don't think he will come close to being available at the 17th pick. Cyrus Kounadjio could be a possibility but his stock has been all over the place since the debate about his knee. Joel Bitonio won't go this high and the same goes for Xavier Su'a-Filo. I'm praying Morgan Moses isn't a real candidate here.

Cornerback - Darqueze Dennard, Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert. At least one of these guys will be available and I could see the case for any of them being the best player available.

Free Safety - Calvin Pryor, Hasean Clinton-Dix. Well, duh. There's been some talk that Jimmie Ward could go close to this range but I don't buy it even though I'm a big fan of him.

A couple of my dark horse candidates are Aaron Donald and Rashede Hageman. I know I've stated before that I don't think Donald is a good fit for Pees at all, and I still firmly believe that, but if available he's probably on the short-list for best player available and being an interior pass-rusher probably puts him high on Baltimore's board. Hageman is one of the biggest wildcards in the draft. I could see him going in the middle of the first round or the middle of the second round. My opinion of him hasn't changed either but there doesn't seem to be a consensus anywhere either.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
If the Ravens stay where they are these are the guys I think will be in the conversation:

Offensive Line - Zack Martin. That's it. No I didn't forget Taylor Lewan. I just don't think he will come close to being available at the 17th pick. Cyrus Kounadjio could be a possibility but his stock has been all over the place since the debate about his knee. Joel Bitonio won't go this high and the same goes for Xavier Su'a-Filo. I'm praying Morgan Moses isn't a real candidate here.

Cornerback - Darqueze Dennard, Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert. At least one of these guys will be available and I could see the case for any of them being the best player available.

Free Safety - Calvin Pryor, Hasean Clinton-Dix. Well, duh. There's been some talk that Jimmie Ward could go close to this range but I don't buy it even though I'm a big fan of him.

A couple of my dark horse candidates are Aaron Donald and Rashede Hageman. I know I've stated before that I don't think Donald is a good fit for Pees at all, and I still firmly believe that, but if available he's probably on the short-list for best player available and being an interior pass-rusher probably puts him high on Baltimore's board. Hageman is one of the biggest wildcards in the draft. I could see him going in the middle of the first round or the middle of the second round. My opinion of him hasn't changed either but there doesn't seem to be a consensus anywhere either.

Agreed on most of these, but I could see Lewan slipping a bit if teams are scared off by his personality. Now, more likely like you said, that's not a factor and he gets taken early but I think it's at least realistic. Agreed about Bitonio and ESPECIALLY Moses. I just don't see the fit or the value that a lot of people seem to.

As for your CBs, I agree -- but personally I don't think Fuller is quite worth the value there yet (though wouldn't be upset if we took him, just think we could trade down 5-8 picks, grab a mid-rounder and still get him) and I personally am not high on Gilbert very much at all.

I think DL could be a wild card as well. I think Hageman most certainly comes into play if we trade back slightly but I feel like he's the type of riskier player that Ozzie typically shies away from unless the value is too good to pass on.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Lewan's attitude is as big of a deal to teams as it is to some of us. On the field he looks to be a left tackle prospect that has a high floor and a high ceiling. That's hard to admit for a State homer like me but it's true and those kinds of players don't fall too far on draft day. I still wouldn't put a lot of trust in him but everything I've seen so far points to any off-field concerns about Lewan being mostly a non-issue.

Fuller is a guy I'm a big fan of. He does pretty much everything except physical press-coverage at the line. I like how Virginia Tech used him all over the field. At the line, with a cushion, outside, in the slot, and sometimes even as a safety. Fuller excelled at all of them too. He kind of reminds me of Devin McCourty, except better in man-coverage. The 17th pick is higher than anywhere has him going but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I'm actually not a fan of Gilbert either but I don't t think he falls outside of the top 20.

Yeah, Hageman probably is more unlikely than not. At least for Baltimore. Newsome seems to like his first picks to be closer to sure things than gambling on upside.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another visit/workouts list for the Ravens. I'm not sure of the veracity of the source but it looks right:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/47031/271/team-by-team-visits--and--workouts

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens

Offense:
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (Visit)
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (Visit, Private workout)
Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State (Visit)
Kiero Small, RB, Arkansas (Private workout)
Terrance West, RB, Towson (Visit)
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (Visit)
Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (Visit)
Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (Private workout)
Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (Private meeting)
Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest (Private workout)
Marqise Lee, WR, USC (Visit)
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (Visit)
Josh Walker, OG, Middle Tennessee State(Private workout)

Defense:
Dominique Easley, DL, Florida (Private workout)
Derrell Johnson, LB, East Carolina (Visit)
CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama (Visit)
Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU (Visit)
Khairi Fortt, LB, California (Visit)
Michael Sam, LB, Missouri (N/A)
Jordan Love, CB, Towson (Private workout)
Joe Rankin, CB, Morgan State (Private workout)
Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland (Visit)
Keith McGill, CB, Utah (Visit)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (Visit)
Deone Bucannon,S, Washington State (Visit)
Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois (Visit)

I'm highly intrigued by the lack of offensive lineman besides Walker.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Here's another visit/workouts list for the Ravens. I'm not sure of the veracity of the source but it looks right:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/47031/271/team-by-team-visits--and--workouts

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens

Offense:
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (Visit)
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (Visit, Private workout)
Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State (Visit)
Kiero Small, RB, Arkansas (Private workout)
Terrance West, RB, Towson (Visit)
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (Visit)
Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (Visit)
Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (Private workout)
Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (Private meeting)
Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest (Private workout)
Marqise Lee, WR, USC (Visit)
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (Visit)
Josh Walker, OG, Middle Tennessee State(Private workout)

Defense:
Dominique Easley, DL, Florida (Private workout)
Derrell Johnson, LB, East Carolina (Visit)
CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama (Visit)
Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU (Visit)
Khairi Fortt, LB, California (Visit)
Michael Sam, LB, Missouri (N/A)
Jordan Love, CB, Towson (Private workout)
Joe Rankin, CB, Morgan State (Private workout)
Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland (Visit)
Keith McGill, CB, Utah (Visit)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (Visit)
Deone Bucannon,S, Washington State (Visit)
Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois (Visit)

I'm highly intrigued by the lack of offensive lineman besides Walker.

There are a few names missing from that list from what has been reported elsewhere. I know Aaron Wilson reported we brought in Alex Bayer and Beau Allen for visits, and we at least had a visit last week with AJ McCarron off the top of my head.

I also know we met with a whole bunch of players at the Combine, and at different pro days too, so I wonder if those might have been more extensive than we've heard so far.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think it's anywhere close to a complete list. This one is just more up-to-date than the one from ProFootballTalk that I posted earlier. It would be nice if Aaron Wilson kept track of something like this.

Combine meetings aren't included in lists like these. There's far too many that happen and with the 15 minute time limits on them they probably don't mean much anyways. I'm not sure if any media outlets keep track of pro day visits. That could get tricky because in some cases teams are there to scout more than one prospect and nobody but the team themselves know who they're truly there to see.
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the responses
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some more of Brandon Coleman tonight and I cannot stress how bad his quarterback play was. For a guy his size and with how long his legs are he moves really well. I kind of see a better version of Marlon Brown. Like Brown I don't think Coleman attacks the ball in the air like his size should suggest but I'm still a big fan regardless.

To be honest my favorite realistic value wide receiver pick for the Ravens right now is Coleman in the third round at 79 or 99. It rivals the possibility of Jordan Matthews at 48, and I think everyone knows how much I like him as a prospect too.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I watched some more of Brandon Coleman tonight and I cannot stress how bad his quarterback play was. For a guy his size and with how long his legs are he moves really well. I kind of see a better version of Marlon Brown. Like Brown I don't think Coleman attacks the ball in the air like his size should suggest but I'm still a big fan regardless.

To be honest my favorite realistic value wide receiver pick for the Ravens right now is Coleman in the third round at 79 or 99. It rivals the possibility of Jordan Matthews at 48, and I think everyone knows how much I like him as a prospect too.

I wouldn't mind him at 99, but I think there might be better value at 79. But at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily dislike at 79. I have him rated right around Moncrief and I think both could fit here pretty well.

sp6488

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing posters use Marlon Brown as a reference point, so I figured I would ask. If everyone knew last year what we know about Brown now, where do you think he would have been drafted. For simplicity, let's say all other draftees are unknowns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: