Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 Draft Prospects thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another predraft visit.

Troy Niklas

Quote:
What they don't have on the roster is a traditional blocking tight end in the mold of Notre Dame's Troy Niklas.

The draft prospect recently visited the Ravens, according to a league source.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-source-notre-dame-tight-end-troy-niklas-met-with-ravens-20140413,0,7857744.story
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The Ravens are picking aat 17 in the draft section.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17986979

It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

Cheers,

GFW
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pre-draft visits list from ProFootballTalk. It has been fairly reliable in the past for the most part.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/2014-nfl-draft-visits-workouts/

Quote:
Workouts are designated by a W, while visits are denoted with V. In some cases, a player has been linked to a team, but its unclear whether the team conducted a workout or a visit.

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens

Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin. [V]

Clemson wide receiver Martavis Bryant. [V]

Washington State safety Deone Bucannon. [V]

Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron. [V]

California linebacker Khairi Fortt. [V]

Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. [V]

Indiana wide receiver Cody Latimer. [W]

USC wide receiver Marqise Lee. [V]

Maryland cornerback Dexter McDougle. [W]

Utah cornerback Keith McGill. [V]

Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley. [V]

BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy. [V]

Northern Illinois safety Jimmie Ward. [V]

Ball State quarterback Keith Wenning. [V]

The one glaring omission I see is the lack of any offensive lineman. There's still a few weeks left though. Other than that there isn't anybody too surprising. I kind of question Mosley and Van Noy but at the same time they seem like the kinds of players the team likes too.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think Mosley and Van Noy are due diligence visits, because we need to have a gauge on whether teams would be interested in trading up for them in the 1st-2nd rounds, or if either slips to our 2nd or 3rd round pick, however unlikely that might be, they could represent BPA selections.

As far as who has and hasn't visited, the list provided isn't comprehensive--Troy Niklas, Terrence West, and Logan Thomas aren't listed on it, among others. And even if it were comprehensive, many of the names on it are local visits, so they wouldn't count against the 30 we're allowed to have, meaning that we still have about half of them either unreported or yet to be made. Not only are there no OL on the list, there are no DL either.

I would guess that, if for no other reason than to create a smokescreen, we would bring in some combination of OL/DL to see how they compare to one another in the next few weeks leading up to the draft. I know we had representation at most of the pro days for the top OL/DL prospects, so they have to have some of them scheduled for visits at some point. I can't envision us not making a single pick along either side of the trenches with the number of picks we have, and Ozzie generally uses the visits as ways to weed out the players he is truly interested in from those he won't draft.

Or he's been really good at keeping them a secret and is positioning his draft strategy on something unexpected.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple late round prospects to add to the list of visits.

I actually like Bayer quite a bit as a prospect at blocking TE late in the draft.

Quote:
According to The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson, the Ravens brought in Wisconsin nose tackle Beau Allen and Bowling Green tight end Alex Bayer for visits. Neither are considered to go in the first few rounds and could either be late-round selections or undrafted free agents.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2014/4/18/5627572/ravens-host-wisconsin-nose-tackle-beau-allen-bowling-green-tight-end
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Allejandro Villanueva, TE, West Point as a UDFA? Kind of cool story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
A couple late round prospects to add to the list of visits.

I actually like Bayer quite a bit as a prospect at blocking TE late in the draft.

Quote:
According to The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson, the Ravens brought in Wisconsin nose tackle Beau Allen and Bowling Green tight end Alex Bayer for visits. Neither are considered to go in the first few rounds and could either be late-round selections or undrafted free agents.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2014/4/18/5627572/ravens-host-wisconsin-nose-tackle-beau-allen-bowling-green-tight-end

Yeah Bayer looked pretty beastly in the MAC Championship.

Beau Allen never impressed me much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Ozzie is doing his diligence. More of a 3rd round luxury pick if we've addressed RT and FS in the first 2 rounds

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-defensive-line-coach-worked-out-florida-defensive-tackle-dominque-easley-20140421,0,2923966.story
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie_raven77 wrote:
I'd say Ozzie is doing his diligence. More of a 3rd round luxury pick if we've addressed RT and FS in the first 2 rounds

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-defensive-line-coach-worked-out-florida-defensive-tackle-dominque-easley-20140421,0,2923966.story

I wouldn't really call it a luxury pick. We definitely have an opening on our depth chart and Easley is one of the most talented DL options in this draft. Outside of Aaron Donald, Easley just might be the most explosive/gifted interior pass rusher that I scouted. If not for the injuries, he's a 1st round talent.

I think we have a need for a more pass rushing presence on our DL and Easley would definitely fill that need. Though... perhaps you meant "luxury" in that DL isn't really a gaping need? If so my apologies. But I think, like corner, we need someone that can take our unit to the next level. And Easley certainly fits the bill.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I think we have a need for a more pass rushing presence on our DL and Easley would definitely fill that need. Though... perhaps you meant "luxury" in that DL isn't really a gaping need? If so my apologies. But I think, like corner, we need someone that can take our unit to the next level. And Easley certainly fits the bill.

Yes I was referring to the latter when I used the term "luxury" but I too agree that we need a dynamic pass rusher on the D line too, but it is not the glaring need that RT and FS are. I would be thrilled if we snuck Easley in the 3rd after addressing our 2 biggest needs in rounds 1 and 2
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty staunch in my stance about not wanting the Ravens to take a pass-rusher with pretty much any pick in the draft. There's an exception to that though. Lately we've been hearing quite a bit of talk about Anthony Barr potentiality falling. If he's on the board at 17 then that would be a pick I'd love Baltimore to make. Barr would bring that athleticism to the pass-rush unit that they've been missing for years now. Most of the other "quality" pass-rushing options in this draft at that position are in the same mold as pretty much everybody else on Baltimore's roster and I have no interest in them adding anybody else like that regardless of round or value. I still think it's far from likely that Barr actually makes it to 17 but if he did the Ravens probably wouldn't spend much time getting the pick in.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Barr is one of my favorite prospects in the draft tbqh. He'd successfully throw a wrench in our draft plans/expectations... and we'd successfully be overly-stacked at OLB, but that's a problem I'm willing to have.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-source-indiana-wr-cody-latimer-visited-ravens-today-20140427,0,6737127.story

Quote:
Indiana wide receiver Cody Latimer visited the Ravens on Sunday, the final day NFL teams can host draft-eligible players for official visits, according to a league source.

Latimer, one of the fastest rising NFL draft prospects, completed positional drills in a private workout Friday at Indiana that was attended by Ravens wide receivers coach Bobby Engram and representatives from 24 other NFL teams.

The Ravens have displayed steady interest in Latimer throughout the draft process.

Like I said in another thread I'm not too high on Latimer. He's solid at pretty much everything but at the same time I don't see anything with him that catches my eye. If the Ravens take Latimer is the second round I wouldn't be real upset but there will probably be receivers left on the board that I like more. He does seem like one of the safer prospects though.

Hopefully we get a more comprehensive list of who Baltimore brought in with this being the final day for official visits.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I just started looking into but could potentially be a mid-round target of ours is Jared Abbrederis (spelling?) out of Wisconsin. From what I've learned, he sounds like a young Stokley type WR -- great route runner, good hands, can catch in traffic but just isn't super fast, super physical, etc -- solid all around type guy. Thoughts on him?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of Abbrederis but he's a major concussion risk. It's a situation eerily similar to that of Austin Collie. I wouldn't want to gamble on him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: