Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T 5: Carroll receives extention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Golden came to the High School I teach at today

Shocked

Speak to him?
Naw the kids mobbed him when he was talking and I had to get to class Laughing

Come on Tats you can't let those damn kids get the best of you. Push there asses to the side and go shake the man's hand. Very Happy

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
I don't know how much dead money we'd pay him, but does anyone else feel like the team is going to cut Rice in order to pay Tate?

He may come cheaper and more productive than what Rice is giving us at this point.

I don't think there's any question that's what the team is going to do.
I don't think there's any question that's their realistic "ideal" scenario.

But if/how much Sidney is willing to take as a price cut and how much Golden wants will play a factor

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
I don't know how much dead money we'd pay him, but does anyone else feel like the team is going to cut Rice in order to pay Tate?

He may come cheaper and more productive than what Rice is giving us at this point.

But if/how much Sidney is willing to take as a price cut and how much Golden wants will play a factor

You're right, but I personally don't foresee that being the case. I'd be very surprised if they somewhat gave up on one of their very first projects. Golden is worth so much more than Sidney at this point.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:

You're right, but I personally don't foresee that being the case. I'd be very surprised if they somewhat gave up on one of their very first projects. Golden is worth so much more than Sidney at this point.

That says a lot more about Sidney Rice than it does Golden. Don't get me wrong, Golden is exactly what this offense needs. If we lose him, I think our offense takes a huge hit, even with the addition of Percy. If Tate is signed to a 4 year deal that is reasonable on both sides, awesome. We do need a true #1 receiver though IMO as it would allow Tate, Harvin, Baldwin & Kearse to do their thing more effectively.

Our offense needs to be the focal point this offseason. Add a piece or two to the defense in free agency and then go all-in on the offense in the draft. Moving a few players for picks would be ideal as well. Just noticed the latest WalterFootball Mock Draft where it had us taking Antonio Richardson in the 1st and Gabe Jackson in the 2nd. I'd be pretty stoked with that as Richardson is my favorite tackle this year and Jackson would be solid. Su'a-Filo would be a nice choice IMO as well for guard competition. Along with that, a number 1 receiver and a playmaker at TE would be nice. I know we have Willson and I'm high on his potential, but any chance there is to upgrade is a chance we have to take.

If none of the top OT's are available in the 1st, I hope we trade back and pick up another pick or two. Also wondering what Henry Melton's injury this year is going to do to his value on the market. This, of course, is all contingent on people restructuring or us moving on.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a true playmaking TE with great size a la Graham or Gronk, I think our offense would function fine without a number 1 guy as long as the between Baldwin/Harvin/TE we could work the outside spot opposite.

However, getting a guy like Graham is a tall order.

ram29jackson wrote:
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
If we had a true playmaking TE with great size a la Graham or Gronk, I think our offense would function fine without a number 1 guy as long as the between Baldwin/Harvin/TE we could work the outside spot opposite.

However, getting a guy like Graham is a tall order.

I agree. Our number one COULD be our TE so long as we had speed and efficiency on the outside, which is exactly what we have in Harvin, Tate (If retained) and Kearse. Ok...Hypothetical here....

If we can somehow retain Bennett and restructure/cut a few people (Clemons, Miller, Rice, Bryant), even with some of the contracts coming up (Tate, Thomas, Sherman), do you see it as worth the gamble to give up what would be needed to bring Graham in IF he hits the market? I think I speak for everyone here in saying that I'd love him in our offense, but I think he is going to get top tier WR money and we just can't afford to commit that much with the type of offense we run. The more realistic option IMO is to move on from some players, add some draft capital and move up back into the 2nd and add someone like Ebron if available.

As much as I am a defense oriented fan, we need an offense that can get the defense some rest consistently, otherwise, games are going to be lost that should be won and there will be far too many of these close games.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way do we go for Graham. If the team wants a TE that badly they'll trust their draft evaluations and pluck someone like ASJ, Lyerla, or Ebron.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so......sherman has a web series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faaQUGYi208

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea where to post this, but I guess I'll do it here. For those that may not know who screwed up on the Hilton TD.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/10/11/breaking-down-andrew-lucks-phenomenal-touchdown-pass-to-t-y-hilton/

Looks like it was Sherman and he had a similar mistake against the Jaguars on Cecil Shorts' long reception.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
No idea where to post this, but I guess I'll do it here. For those that may not know who screwed up on the Hilton TD.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/10/11/breaking-down-andrew-lucks-phenomenal-touchdown-pass-to-t-y-hilton/

Looks like it was Sherman and he had a similar mistake against the Jaguars on Cecil Shorts' long reception.
He was gambling. I could tell on Sunday. Pissed me off

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

and THEN gave up on the play

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Might of been some miscommunication on the play. Before the play, you can see that Sherman is signaling with his right hand multiple times to the backfield while trying to talk to someone. First picture kind of shows it.
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Might of been some miscommunication on the play. Before the play, you can see that Sherman is signaling with his right hand multiple times to the backfield while trying to talk to someone. First picture kind of shows it.

Sherm played like a clown on Sunday. He was trying to do too much and not paying attention to his assignments, he got beat a few times.

Guys like Hilton also play to his weakness, and thats why Revis is still #1.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Same. It's one part of his game that irritates me as well.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy just how similar the Shorts 57 yard reception was to this one. Same alignment with the cover 3 and Sherman bit on the fake to the RB.

it made me a chuckle when Deion said the Seahawks CBs are just average when not being able to press. First of all, Sherman is just fine when he is playing off man or zone. Secondly, of course big CBs will play better when they able to get physical at the LOS.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 15 of 100

Jump to: