You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T 5: Carroll receives extention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs just traded Jon Baldwin to the niners for.....AJ Jenkins d'oh!

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks' Turbin finally gets back into game action

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/08/17/3153732/seahawks-turbin-finally-gets-back.html

Quote:
Finally, it was Robert Turbin’s time to shine in the backfield.

The Seahawks’ second-year running back’s frustration and eagerness to get back on the field and to build off his strong rookie campaign ended during Saturday’s 40-10 preseason win over the Denver Broncos.

The former Utah State standout and 2012 fourth-round pick rushed for 35 yards on nine carries – all in the first half – in his exhibition debut.

Fullback Spencer Ware had most of his 54 yards in the second half after Seattle built a 33-7 halftime lead.

“It felt good to go out there and see what I can do,” said Turbin, who also lined up at wideout. “There’s a lot of things I can improve on. I can’t wait to get after that.”

The timing for Turbin’s return couldn’t have been better. He practiced for the first time last Sunday.

A foot injury, which he said is now 100 percent healthy, had kept him on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list since the start of training camp.

Rookie Christine Michael (back spasms) missed practice last week and didn’t play against the Broncos after rushing for 89 yards on 16 carries in the exhibition opener Aug. 8 at San Diego, leaving the door open for Turbin to show why he should remain the Seahawks’ No. 2 option at running back behind Marshawn Lynch.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll made the decision to hold Turbin out in the second half, even though he was itching to get more carries.

“I wanted to play at least through the third quarter,” he said.

As Lynch’s backup last season, Turbin rushed for 354 yards on 80 carries and also caught 19 passes for 181 yards over 16 games.

Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Carroll says Zach Miller won't play against Packers on Friday, but Cliff Avril might. #Seahawks

Good chance to see Avril and how he fits on the team. It will be good to have Zach Miller back for the regular season, hopefully we use him like the weapon he is in every game, not just the playoffs.
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
Quote:
Carroll says Zach Miller won't play against Packers on Friday, but Cliff Avril might. #Seahawks

Good chance to see Avril and how he fits on the team. It will be good to have Zach Miller back for the regular season, hopefully we use him like the weapon he is in every game, not just the playoffs.

Very much agreed.
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

I don't follow college football at all, how was Baldwin viewed as a prospect? Do you think he's a good fit for San Fran?
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
If Golden Tate comes over the middle, I'm just saying a 15 yard penalty would be worth it to smash right into his face.
Just sayin, worth every penny of the fine.

The guilty party could ask for donations from us to help pay the fine and we'd all open our wallets.

For an unknown reason, some Packer fans aren't too keen on the Golden One. Can't put my finger on why that is though... Laughing Laughing Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:

I don't follow college football at all, how was Baldwin viewed as a prospect? Do you think he's a good fit for San Fran?

He was viewed as being a #1 receiver talent coming out of Pitt. Big bodied and athletic, but if i remember correctly had some technique issues coming out with pass catching and route running.

He gives them potential and another big body. Jon Baldwin 2 years, a better QB and a new environment to put it together. I'd say chances are he plays pretty well in Crabtree's wake

Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:

He was viewed as being a #1 receiver talent coming out of Pitt. Big bodied and athletic, but if i remember correctly had some technique issues coming out with pass catching and route running.

He gives them potential and another big body. Jon Baldwin 2 years, a better QB and a new environment to put it together. I'd say chances are he plays pretty well in Crabtree's wake

Cheers for the info, even if it was not what I was hoping to hear Very Happy . What is it with Andy Reid and doing terrible trades with San Fran. Can't help feeling there's some sort of underlying conspiracy going on...
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:

Cheers for the info, even if it was not what I was hoping to hear Very Happy . What is it with Andy Reid and doing terrible trades with San Fran. Can't help feeling there's some sort of underlying conspiracy going on...

It's Ok. We'll probably trade Chris Harper away for another WR to one-up them anyway Laughing

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:

He has nice physical skills but he's done so little with them. I'm not very concerned.

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His biggest issues are his inconsistent hands, lack of top-end speed, and (perhaps most notably) the fact that he's a headcase on and off the field at every level he's played.

I'd say the 49ers definitely got the better player right now, but Jenkins has more down-the-road potential and I really liked him coming out of Illinois. I doubt either player makes much noise with their respective team.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:

He has nice physical skills but he's done so little with them. I'm not very concerned.

The 49ers were getting nothing from AJ this season, my concern is they upgrade their weakest position (even if only by a smidge). They got a better player they that can do something with.

The 49ers are much like seattle in that they can eradicate the 'headcase' in a player and have them compete

I hope it's nothing to be bothered about, but I believe there is a little more to it

Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Browns traded Brian Sanford to Seattle for John Moffitt

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/369571037257953280

Guess Sweezy won the battle.

Anyone know anything about Sanford? He's a defensive end according to google.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Must see Marshawn Lynch Madden 25 Commercial*

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/08/19/seahawks-rb-marshawn-lynch-stars-in-new-madden-25-ad/

Quote:
Marshawn Lynch Sr. wanted nothing more than to make his son into an elite NFL running back. So he put his son through a strenuous training program that included running through wild bears, navigating flaming tire drills and squatting entire squat racks.

Marshawn Lynch Seahawks
Marshawn Lynch. (AP Photo)
“That’s that Beast Mode right there!” the senior Lynch yelled out to little Marshawn.

Wait, what? What the heck is going on here?

Oh, sorry, we should have clarified — this is all according to the newest commercial for Electronic Arts’ upcoming “Madden 25″ video game. The ad features Seahawks and Texans running backs Marshawn Lynch and Arian Foster dressed as their own fictional fathers and getting their “sons” ready for pro football.

“The ’80s,” the spot’s voice-over begins. “Upon playing ‘Madden’ for the first time, Darian Foster and Marshawn Lynch Sr. start an epic rivalry that will shape football in the modern era. They realize if they raise sons to be elite NFL running backs, they can use them to school each other in ‘Madden.’ A unique and highly unorthodox conditioning program becomes the crux of their training. Today, the sons have become the offensive threats of their fathers’ dreams, spinning and juking their way to ‘Madden’ domination.”

imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/08/20/3452089/browns-seahawks-trade-nixed-moffitt.html

Quote:
Seattle traded the third-year pro John Moffit to Denver for reserve defensive tackle Sealver Siliga.

Quote:
Siliga, an undrafted free agent, spent his rookie season of 2011 on Denver's practice squad and was active for only one game with the Broncos last year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: