Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Off topic, but guess which one of our great posters wrote this last year before the draft about Eric Reid:

Quote:
I agree. I think his great year 2 years ago was the byproduct of an amazing secondary around him. Last year was closer to what he really is. I don't have him in my top 5 safeties. Unfortunately, the niners seem to like him so I wouldn't be surprised if they took him at 31 *sigh*

Guess which idiot said this about Poyer???

Quote:
On another site, when asked who I really thought we would select? I posted a pic of Reid. No lie. I don't love trading up for him... thought his value was more appropriate at 31.. but I do like him enough to sleep well with this choice. My Saints/LSU fanatic friend also really thought it was a good pick.

I'd have still shifted Culliver to FS and selected Poyer at 31... but it rarely goes the perfect way that you want, so.. Smile

Laughing

___
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! Man, can you believe Poyer is already out of the league?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
LOL!!! Man, can you believe Poyer is already out of the league?

wow, is he? I didn't keep track much, but thought he went from Philly to maybe Cleveland? .. and now gone? ugh... probably playing with the Saskatchewan Roughriders by now...

___
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
wow, is he? I didn't keep track much, but thought he went from Philly to maybe Cleveland? .. and now gone? ugh... probably playing with the Saskatchewan Roughriders by now...

No, you're right he is still apparently with the Browns. I thought they cut him as well Laughing .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no guesses who said that? It was our good buddy Forge Laughing.

As was with Harbaugh losing faith in Baalke after the Jenkins pick, I could no longer take the opinion of Forge serious on ANY matters related to the draft.

Jk LOL.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Off topic, but guess which one of our great posters wrote this last year before the draft about Eric Reid:

Quote:
I agree. I think his great year 2 years ago was the byproduct of an amazing secondary around him. Last year was closer to what he really is. I don't have him in my top 5 safeties. Unfortunately, the niners seem to like him so I wouldn't be surprised if they took him at 31 *sigh*

Oh, that was absolutely me lol. I actually remember writing that.

In all fairness though, I have owned up multiple times this year about how dumb he made me look Laughing I have also admitted up to putting way too much emphasis on the "what have you done lately" mentality...something Reid is partly responsible for lol.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Last edited by Forge on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So no guesses who said that? It was our good buddy Forge Laughing.

As was with Harbaugh losing faith in Baalke after the Jenkins pick, I could no long take the opinion of Forge serious on ANY matters related to the draft.

Jk LOL.

Hey, I did call out Taylor Mays as a bust!!! Okay, okay, so that one may not have been that difficult to call out. The best part is, when I'm wrong, I'm really wrong. I was very high on Clausen when he came out for goodness sake. At the same time though, I've drilled some good late and mid round sleeper guys like Zac Stacey last year and even Navarro Bowman (okay, so my official wording on my statement of him was "1st round talent with 7th round head. Will be a stud if he keeps his head on straight".

Last edited by Forge on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!! Just messing with you, but I came across a Eric Reid thread and that came up. Shows our team is not afraid of picking someone that is coming up an off year. Like Aldon Smith in his sophomore year broke his leg and didn't play nearly as well as he did in his freshmen season, but that didn't stop us from taking him with the 7th pick. This is why even though I'm not the biggest Roby fan, I could see us taking him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
LOL!!!! Just messing with you, but I came across a Eric Reid thread and that came up. Shows our team is not afraid of picking someone that is coming up an off year. Like Aldon Smith in his sophomore year broke his leg and didn't play nearly as well as he did in his freshmen season, but that didn't stop us from taking him with the 7th pick. This is why even though I'm not the biggest Roby fan, I could see us taking him.

And of course, we also took Tank and Lattimore last year as well...we really aren't afraid to grab whoever if we really like their talent. I hand't thought about all that before.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, and with a team that has to pay a lot of elite players, that's the best thing you could do. Continue to stockpile talent and go from there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Good point, and with a team that has to pay a lot of elite players, that's the best thing you could do. Continue to stockpile talent and go from there.

Its why I'm on board for Easley in the third this year as well. First round talent, injury concerns...perfect early-mid round guy to take. This year, honestly, with the cap going up, I find it more likely that we'll resign other guys than spend it on Kaepernick. For some reason I still feel like he's going to play it out; if that's the case, I just want to go BPA in early rounds, and highest ceiling in the later ones. I still want to hit some particular positions, but I think this year could be particularly brutal for our rookies if they think they're going to get playing time if we really do re-sign everyone.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could pay Kaepernick as well as the other guys. Why? Cap space is going to go up even more next year Laughing . If Kaepernick wants to play it out then we will be even in better shape. HOWEVER, next year we will have Kaepernick, Iupati, and Crabtree as FAs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Hey, I did call out Taylor Mays as a bust!!!

What do you mean, a bust? He had that amazing TD where he tiptoed in the endzone on a blocked punt, or something.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

What do you mean, a bust? He had that amazing TD where he tiptoed in the endzone on a blocked punt, or something.

then he taught all of us how to dougie..

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

then he taught all of us how to dougie..

If that's not worth a second rounder, I don't know what is...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 61 of 102

Jump to: