Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: 2014 Draft Reply with quote

With the college football season kicking off soon I couldn't help but to think about the draft. We face holes at CB and WR and potentially safety if Whitner walks. My two favorites right now are Loucheiz Purfoy CB from Florida and Brandon Coleman WR from Rutgers. Purifoy has size and great athleticism and looks like the next Revis IMO. Coleman is a beast and reminds me of Calvin Johnson, plays for a school that runs the ball quite a bit, but still puts up crazy numbers.
Who do you guys have your eyes on this year?
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Draft Reply with quote

TD49 wrote:
With the college football season kicking off soon I couldn't help but to think about the draft. We face holes at CB and WR and potentially safety if Whitner walks. My two favorites right now are Loucheiz Purfoy CB from Florida and Brandon Coleman WR from Rutgers. Purifoy has size and great athleticism and looks like the next Revis IMO. Coleman is a beast and reminds me of Calvin Johnson, plays for a school that runs the ball quite a bit, but still puts up crazy numbers.

I'd have to stop and think about who would be available with the last pick in the first round!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Draft Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
TD49 wrote:

I'd have to stop and think about who would be available with the last pick in the first round!

I see what you did there Wink

RAY LEWIS 2.0
You dont Kung-Fu,Kung-Fu is a way of life-
Jackie Chan
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lamarcus Joyner from Florida St. with one of our second round picks. Sammy Watkins is a stud, Mike Evans (although I've kind of just come to the realization that our staff does not like big WRs), but possibly my biggest draft crush at this point is Bradley Roby CB Ohio St. He doesn't have the size of a Purifoy, but he has crazy good instincts and a fearlessness to be a great asset to this defense.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Swift21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have my eyes on Aaron Colvin and Bradley Roby.

SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
dasg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Draft Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
TD49 wrote:

Even if we win the Super Bowl, I can easily see us trading up again with all the amount of picks we have, but I get what you are saying.
LANiner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted a big physically imposing wr on this team a la Brandon Coleman but that's just not the front office m.o they would probably draft someone like odell Beckham

49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
I always wanted a big physically imposing wr on this team a la Brandon Coleman but that's just not the front office m.o they would probably draft someone like odell Beckham

I think we could be on the look out for a big WR next draft with Boldin not likely to spend more then 1 or 2 years here atleast in a big role. Baldwin could fill that role. Patton gives us another possesion guy. I think we take a speed guy tho if we go WR. My guess is we end up taking a WR after rd 1 but its way to early to be prediciting when well take a WR.

I got my eyes on Jason Verret like him hes physical and fast but not sold on him yet. Roby has alot of off field problems and I havent been a big fan of OSU guys in a long time. Coleman is very intruiging for me an is some one alot of people like right now an he is a big WR but more a skinny tall guy then big an strong. Not sure how I feel about him yet.

A Phew early favorites of mine. Luchez Purifoy, Marcus Robinson, Will Sutton, Stephon Tuiit Arthur Lynch.

Tuitt is one of the best 3-4 DE to come out over the recent years. Lynch as a freshman was a menace and look like a great future 3-4 DE but I heard hes slimmed down.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
Mr.49er52

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say if Louis Nix III has another dominant season trade up and grab him we're almost stacked at every position but NT.I would love to see him ib the middle of our defense.He's tough physical and gets great push imagine a d-line with Justin Smith,Ray Mcdonald,and Louis Nix III it could be epic.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.49er52 wrote:
I say if Louis Nix III has another dominant season trade up and grab him we're almost stacked at every position but NT.I would love to see him ib the middle of our defense.He's tough physical and gets great push imagine a d-line with Justin Smith,Ray Mcdonald,and Louis Nix III it could be epic.

I absolutely LOVE Nix! I think we are going to have some serious holes to fill at CB and WR and maybe even Safety again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:

I absolutely LOVE Nix! I think we are going to have some serious holes to fill at CB and WR and maybe even Safety again.

Ya Nix has the chance to be the rare NT to be taken in the first actually top 20 isnt out of the question. I like him too. I agree right now CB, WR and S are looking like our biggest needs with NT, C and OG ( Boone and Iupati need contracts) as possibilities come draft time.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:

Ya Nix has the chance to be the rare NT to be taken in the first actually top 20 isnt out of the question. I like him too. I agree right now CB, WR and S are looking like our biggest needs with NT, C and OG ( Boone and Iupati need contracts) as possibilities come draft time.

I'd rather use our first round pick on a guy who will see more than 30% of the defensive snaps. Nix is a great prospect, but our defense doesn't really value NTs that highly. Our 3rd CB sees the field almost twice as much as our starting NT. Besides I believe Ian Williams will serve quite well as the starter.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
TD49

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With as much of a passing league as it is now a CB is much more valuable than a NT. I'd rather have Patrick Petterson than Vince Wilfork. It's pretty much guaranteed that we are drafting a CB or WR in the first. With the amount of (potential) turnover at those positions, they need to be addressed early and often.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ahrd to say this early. As much I love Boldin he's on the downside of his career, and I suspect Crabs is going to want BIG bucks to sign with someone. Right now it's easy for me to see WR as our biggest need.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
I'll have my eyes on Aaron Colvin and Bradley Roby.

The two exact guys ill be looking at as well. Roby is probably the bedt straight up cover guy coming out. Extremely active hands and he has incredible timing. He doesnt have the size that baalke covets though.Colvin has the size, so ill be curious to see how well he does in coverage throughout the year and whether or not hes fluid enough in the hips to stick at corner in the nfl

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 1 of 102

Jump to: