You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
How are people feeling about Marquis Lee? Looking at his 2012 tape he looks like just the type of receiver the niners lack. I would love to see the niners trade up to the ~15 pick and grab this guy if he's still there. But I have a feeling his stock is going to rise in the offseason.

Not as impressed with Lee as I once was.

Allen Robinson leaps off my screen every time I watch him. His size, speed and route running combination is excellent.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
AT49ers wrote:
How are people feeling about Marquis Lee? Looking at his 2012 tape he looks like just the type of receiver the niners lack. I would love to see the niners trade up to the ~15 pick and grab this guy if he's still there. But I have a feeling his stock is going to rise in the offseason.

Allen Robinson leaps off my screen every time I watch him. His size, speed and route running combination is excellent.

same opinion on lee
hes more of a guy that just runs fast to me now

new sig... sorry alex
AT49ers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
AT49ers wrote:

same opinion on lee
hes more of a guy that just runs fast to me now

imo he's just having a down year and is lacking chemistry with his QB

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
Swift21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more reason why I like Allen Robinson. He has a freshmen QB and his production hasn't dipped.
AT49ers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
One more reason why I like Allen Robinson. He has a freshmen QB and his production hasn't dipped.

I just don't see the top end speed he needs to blow the top off of defenses. IMO that's the type of WR we really need right now.

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we draft Kevlin Benjamin out of Florida St.

He's a G
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I really hope we draft Kevlin Benjamin out of Florida St.

He's a G

I like Benjamin as well. He's makes huge plays. I also love Jaelen Strong. Both guys are big and fast enough; perfect compliment to what we have in crabs and patton. I think they are both very good subs for Evans if we miss out. I'd be willing to take a shot on Abberderis in the third round as well. I worry about his ability to get off the line in the NFL, but he's got explosive talent and would be a very good vertical threat for us.

Not as big on Lee as I was before the year started. If he falls to the end of round one, I could see us taking him, but I've never been all that comfortable with USC receivers, and I think his struggles this year are more than just qb related. His nagging injuries are also a concern.

In regards to corners, I was really big on Roby prior to this year, but he has been a disaster this year. Reminds me of the exact same situation as Amerson last year. I think he'd benefit even more by going back to school, but there's no way that happens. At this point, I think he's likely a second round pick, and potentially a middle one at that. Colvin is still a strong play at corner, but my crush right now is Kyle Fuller, who I think has worked himself into first round discussion. If Ifo does in fact measure in at 5'10, I'd love to get him as a slot corner; Culliver and Brock on the outside with Ifo in the slot could be dangerous for opposing qbs.

Right now I'm looking at a lot of smaller school prospects that'd be interesting the middle and late rounds. Personal favorites so far are Jimmy Garoppolo out at Eastern Illinois. I really like him as a groomable quarterback. He makes very good decision and seems to have very good field vision. I like him a lot more than I like Matthews from Cornell. Brock Jensen would be another QB that may be worth a look later on in the draft. Love Zach Kerr at Delaware. Never quits, good size that's big enough to play the nose. Very good mobility for a man of his girth as well. Tyler Starr is another guy at North Dakota state; OLB who has really good size (fyi, North Dakota state has several viable NFL prospects, check them out if you get the chance). Pierre Desir at Lindenwood seems like an excellent fit for us as well. Someone mentioned him in their mock draft, I can't remember who it was, I apologize, but had him down as a third rounder. I had to admit I didn't know anything about him, so I started doing my research, and I'm impressed. I'd happily use a third to draft this kid. Dri Archer at Kent State can be what I think LMJ was supposed to be. He's way undersized, so he'll never be a 20 touch a game guy, but I mainly want him for his ability to be a returner. He's got wicked speed and elusiveness; I think he'll be a dynamite nfl returner (and potentially a very explosive offensive weapon as well).

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
AT49ers wrote:

Averaging over 15 yards a catch with over 70 catches is pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jared Abrederis is also averaging over 15 yards a catch with over 50 catches. The added bonus with him is he returns punts too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do look at a return guy, I liked what I saw from Ryan switzer from unc. Two punt returns for tds yesterday vs pits.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
jared Abrederis is also averaging over 15 yards a catch with over 50 catches. The added bonus with him is he returns punts too.

I'm a big Abrederis fan as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Marqise Lee is going to be a stud in the NFL. This down season may be a blessing for us as he may slide a bit with guys like Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins having good years. I definitely think he has number 1 receiver potential in the NFL.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Marqise Lee is going to be a stud in the NFL. This down season may be a blessing for us as he may slide a bit with guys like Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins having good years. I definitely think he has number 1 receiver potential in the NFL.

Its not that I hate him; I do think he was overrated coming into the season though, and I've had other receivers pass him up in terms of who I'd rather have. Right now I'd say that my rankings would be like, Evans, Watkins, Matthews, Lee & Robinson. I could see us taking him at the end of round one, but like I said, USC receivers really make me nervous.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
JMaxwell4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Trey Millard, the FB from Oklahoma. I think he could become a Brandon Jacobs (in his prime) type of player. Moves well for a 250+ guy and also has good hands. I think Rathman would like him too.
Baseball: Giants
Rugby: London Irish/ All Blacks
Basketball: Warriors
NHL: Sharks

Michael Crabtree said: "...as for playing for the Raiders, no comment.”
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMaxwell4 wrote:
I really like Trey Millard, the FB from Oklahoma. I think he could become a Brandon Jacobs (in his prime) type of player. Moves well for a 250+ guy and also has good hands. I think Rathman would like him too.

Oh yes, thank you very much. It's no accident that the Sooners' offense has struggled even more after Millard's ACL sidelined him this his senior season. I think he is every bit as capable of being what Walker was yet much more reliable hands as well as a FB who is a running threat.
I could see Harbaalke taking him even now that he will be rehabbing. They do have a history of taking injured talents...Lattimore and Carridine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 3 of 102

Jump to: