You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1176
Location: SF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
How are people feeling about Marquis Lee? Looking at his 2012 tape he looks like just the type of receiver the niners lack. I would love to see the niners trade up to the ~15 pick and grab this guy if he's still there. But I have a feeling his stock is going to rise in the offseason.


Not as impressed with Lee as I once was.

Allen Robinson leaps off my screen every time I watch him. His size, speed and route running combination is excellent.
_________________
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9927
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
AT49ers wrote:
How are people feeling about Marquis Lee? Looking at his 2012 tape he looks like just the type of receiver the niners lack. I would love to see the niners trade up to the ~15 pick and grab this guy if he's still there. But I have a feeling his stock is going to rise in the offseason.


Not as impressed with Lee as I once was.

Allen Robinson leaps off my screen every time I watch him. His size, speed and route running combination is excellent.

same opinion on lee
hes more of a guy that just runs fast to me now
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AT49ers


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 579
Location: DC,washington
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
AT49ers wrote:
How are people feeling about Marquis Lee? Looking at his 2012 tape he looks like just the type of receiver the niners lack. I would love to see the niners trade up to the ~15 pick and grab this guy if he's still there. But I have a feeling his stock is going to rise in the offseason.


Not as impressed with Lee as I once was.

Allen Robinson leaps off my screen every time I watch him. His size, speed and route running combination is excellent.

same opinion on lee
hes more of a guy that just runs fast to me now


imo he's just having a down year and is lacking chemistry with his QB
_________________


props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1176
Location: SF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more reason why I like Allen Robinson. He has a freshmen QB and his production hasn't dipped.
_________________
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AT49ers


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 579
Location: DC,washington
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
One more reason why I like Allen Robinson. He has a freshmen QB and his production hasn't dipped.


I just don't see the top end speed he needs to blow the top off of defenses. IMO that's the type of WR we really need right now.
_________________


props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndyLeesAunt


Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Posts: 1046
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we draft Kevlin Benjamin out of Florida St.

He's a G
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I really hope we draft Kevlin Benjamin out of Florida St.

He's a G


I like Benjamin as well. He's makes huge plays. I also love Jaelen Strong. Both guys are big and fast enough; perfect compliment to what we have in crabs and patton. I think they are both very good subs for Evans if we miss out. I'd be willing to take a shot on Abberderis in the third round as well. I worry about his ability to get off the line in the NFL, but he's got explosive talent and would be a very good vertical threat for us.

Not as big on Lee as I was before the year started. If he falls to the end of round one, I could see us taking him, but I've never been all that comfortable with USC receivers, and I think his struggles this year are more than just qb related. His nagging injuries are also a concern.

In regards to corners, I was really big on Roby prior to this year, but he has been a disaster this year. Reminds me of the exact same situation as Amerson last year. I think he'd benefit even more by going back to school, but there's no way that happens. At this point, I think he's likely a second round pick, and potentially a middle one at that. Colvin is still a strong play at corner, but my crush right now is Kyle Fuller, who I think has worked himself into first round discussion. If Ifo does in fact measure in at 5'10, I'd love to get him as a slot corner; Culliver and Brock on the outside with Ifo in the slot could be dangerous for opposing qbs.

Right now I'm looking at a lot of smaller school prospects that'd be interesting the middle and late rounds. Personal favorites so far are Jimmy Garoppolo out at Eastern Illinois. I really like him as a groomable quarterback. He makes very good decision and seems to have very good field vision. I like him a lot more than I like Matthews from Cornell. Brock Jensen would be another QB that may be worth a look later on in the draft. Love Zach Kerr at Delaware. Never quits, good size that's big enough to play the nose. Very good mobility for a man of his girth as well. Tyler Starr is another guy at North Dakota state; OLB who has really good size (fyi, North Dakota state has several viable NFL prospects, check them out if you get the chance). Pierre Desir at Lindenwood seems like an excellent fit for us as well. Someone mentioned him in their mock draft, I can't remember who it was, I apologize, but had him down as a third rounder. I had to admit I didn't know anything about him, so I started doing my research, and I'm impressed. I'd happily use a third to draft this kid. Dri Archer at Kent State can be what I think LMJ was supposed to be. He's way undersized, so he'll never be a 20 touch a game guy, but I mainly want him for his ability to be a returner. He's got wicked speed and elusiveness; I think he'll be a dynamite nfl returner (and potentially a very explosive offensive weapon as well).
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 19733
Location: El Dorado Hills
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
AT49ers wrote:
How are people feeling about Marquis Lee? Looking at his 2012 tape he looks like just the type of receiver the niners lack. I would love to see the niners trade up to the ~15 pick and grab this guy if he's still there. But I have a feeling his stock is going to rise in the offseason.


Not as impressed with Lee as I once was.

Allen Robinson leaps off my screen every time I watch him. His size, speed and route running combination is excellent.


Averaging over 15 yards a catch with over 70 catches is pretty impressive.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 19733
Location: El Dorado Hills
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jared Abrederis is also averaging over 15 yards a catch with over 50 catches. The added bonus with him is he returns punts too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 5087
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do look at a return guy, I liked what I saw from Ryan switzer from unc. Two punt returns for tds yesterday vs pits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 24654
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
jared Abrederis is also averaging over 15 yards a catch with over 50 catches. The added bonus with him is he returns punts too.


I'm a big Abrederis fan as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 5322
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Marqise Lee is going to be a stud in the NFL. This down season may be a blessing for us as he may slide a bit with guys like Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins having good years. I definitely think he has number 1 receiver potential in the NFL.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Marqise Lee is going to be a stud in the NFL. This down season may be a blessing for us as he may slide a bit with guys like Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins having good years. I definitely think he has number 1 receiver potential in the NFL.


Its not that I hate him; I do think he was overrated coming into the season though, and I've had other receivers pass him up in terms of who I'd rather have. Right now I'd say that my rankings would be like, Evans, Watkins, Matthews, Lee & Robinson. I could see us taking him at the end of round one, but like I said, USC receivers really make me nervous.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMaxwell4


Joined: 08 Dec 2008
Posts: 179
Location: SF
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Trey Millard, the FB from Oklahoma. I think he could become a Brandon Jacobs (in his prime) type of player. Moves well for a 250+ guy and also has good hands. I think Rathman would like him too.
_________________
NFL: 49er's
College FB: Stanford
Soccer: Inter Milan/ Manchester City/ USA
Baseball: Giants
Rugby: London Irish/ All Blacks
Basketball: Warriors
NHL: Sharks

Michael Crabtree said: "...as for playing for the Raiders, no comment.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 5085
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMaxwell4 wrote:
I really like Trey Millard, the FB from Oklahoma. I think he could become a Brandon Jacobs (in his prime) type of player. Moves well for a 250+ guy and also has good hands. I think Rathman would like him too.


Oh yes, thank you very much. It's no accident that the Sooners' offense has struggled even more after Millard's ACL sidelined him this his senior season. I think he is every bit as capable of being what Walker was yet much more reliable hands as well as a FB who is a running threat.
I could see Harbaalke taking him even now that he will be rehabbing. They do have a history of taking injured talents...Lattimore and Carridine.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk) A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draftday1:Garrett/Thomas/Barnett trade:McCaffrey,Cunningham,Watt,Davis 2-Awuzie,Engram,Kupp,Mixon,Westbrook 3-Switzer,Godwin,Perine,JordanEvans,Anzalone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 3 of 102

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group