You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 100, 101, 102  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
NFL Films' Greg Cosell speculated that Northern Illinois S Jimmie Ward could end up as a slot corner in the NFL.

The analyst said on the "Ross Tucker Podcast" that Ward played that spot in sub packages at NIU and was "really, really good" at it. Cosell stressed that he likes Ward as a prospect and said that the Huskies' star has the "best man-to-man cover skills of the safeties in this class." However, he doesn't believe Ward (5-foot-10, 191 pounds) can be a "box player" at that size. Tucker, for the record, disagreed that Ward's size might move him off safety.

I think Ward could be a good cb in the NFL. Prob would need to start out in the slot. Gonna need to add some weight/strength to stay @ S though. He's my #6 cb prospect...mid 2nd rd
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Oh boy, just what you want a couple weeks before the draft LOL.

The thing is, it hardly ever seems to hurt a prospect come draft day. It may hurt him a little, if only because he could have potentially had "character issues" with some teams already (he was suspended for a game this year). Personally, with something like this? He'd be off my board for pure stupidity. But that's just me. It just says something to me about not being able to count on someone and about their foolishness.

If you were to believe the media, he had worked his way back into first round consideration, and potentially into the top 4 corners taken. I still, however, think he'll be in the top 5, so I don't think it will have a real adverse affect on him. Even without the arrest I wouldn't have taken him before the end of the second, but people love athletic freaks.

Stop it.

Roby should still go late 1st rd. Anywhere from 24-31.

So sorry, didn't know we weren't allowed to have differing opinions on prospects here. I had him as a late second rounder before, and I still have him that way. I won't change my mind just because you disagree...and FYI, there are quite a few people who have the same opinion. So no, don't think I'll "stop it".

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Forge has always had him an an late 2nd round prospect.

El ramster on the sig
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Yeah that basically eliminates us from drafting him IMO. With all the issues we have had this offseason the media would be all over us.

So we're drafting players base on how the media will react? Any prospect that has gotten into any trouble with the law or been disciplined by their school is off our draft board now.

Why bring a guy in that 2 weeks before the biggest day of his life makes this mistake? If we draft him I will have confidence in our decision but I would be very surprised.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The thing is, it hardly ever seems to hurt a prospect come draft day. It may hurt him a little, if only because he could have potentially had "character issues" with some teams already (he was suspended for a game this year). Personally, with something like this? He'd be off my board for pure stupidity. But that's just me. It just says something to me about not being able to count on someone and about their foolishness.

If you were to believe the media, he had worked his way back into first round consideration, and potentially into the top 4 corners taken. I still, however, think he'll be in the top 5, so I don't think it will have a real adverse affect on him. Even without the arrest I wouldn't have taken him before the end of the second, but people love athletic freaks.

how do you figure that?
guys will always fall for stuff like that.

alfonzo dennard went from a 3rd round guy to the seventh! just an example

but for roby it seems he wasnt driving. nor were the keys in the ignition. he was just in his car.. the facts arent out. but he could have been taking a nap in his car after some drinks

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

how do you figure that?
guys will always fall for stuff like that.

alfonzo dennard went from a 3rd round guy to the seventh! just an example

but for roby it seems he wasnt driving. nor were the keys in the ignition. he was just in his car.. the facts arent out. but he could have been taking a nap in his car after some drinks

Perhaps, I should have clarified top tier type guy. A mid round guy will definitely drop. It all depends on the talent level, honestly, and there were questions about Dennards ability to play at the next level, so I don't attribute that entire drop to just his issues. Tharold Simon was arrested before the draft, and ended up going at the start of round 5 rather than in round 4, which was where I had him graded out at (though others had him in the third). The one that comes to my mind as having a significant drop was probably Mallet, and the only thing he did was blow off a meeting with a team if I remember right. With Roby's talent level, I wouldn't expect him to drop off majorly, though as you said, given the circumstances of the situation, it likely won't affect him at all.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His latest tweets indicate he wasn't arrested and the media ran with the story. If so, he is perfect for the Niners Laughing.

El ramster on the sig
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Did Roby just have a recent DUI arrest? If so, what an idiot Laughing.

You got to wonder about young guys that go out and do drugs or get drunk a few weeks before their entire futures are on the line.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
His latest tweets indicate he wasn't arrested and the media ran with the story. If so, he is perfect for the Niners Laughing.

My exact thoughts haha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 4m
ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 6m
Chris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.

You guys thinking what I'm thinking???

Last edited by iwentundrafted on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 4m
ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 6m
Chris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.

They NEED to be. Move up and take best corner or WR. Need to make a statement in this draft.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going in the top 5 is going force us to lose at least both our 2nds this year, and at least another one next year. Heck, maybe a 2015 1st rounder.

I'm not really down for all of that to be honest. Why? Because we have a need at CB as well and possibly a pass rusher.

No surprise that we are moving up though.

El ramster on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Going in the top 5 is going force us to lose at least both our 2nds this year, and at least another one next year. Heck, maybe a 2015 1st rounder.

I'm not really down for all of that to be honest. Why? Because we have a need at CB as well and possibly a pass rusher.

Yes, that cost is prohibitive. I do not want to solve one need at the cost of another ignored.
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

That;s why we trade with Oakland. Hopefully they are ready to take pennies on the dollar for #5, almost like last year.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

That;s why we trade with Oakland. Hopefully they are ready to take pennies on the dollar for #5, almost like last year.

That's absolutely the only way I'd do the deal, is if they took pennies on the dollar. I thought the Falcons trade for Julio Jones was dumb then, and I still think it's dumb today. Sure, they got an elite WR, but trading all those picks left them without being able to add top notch defensive talent, which is what they desperately needed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 101 of 102

Jump to: