Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PW2 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) vs. Baltimore Ravens(1-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Roddy hurt?

He was questionable to return so it can't be that bad.

Yeah I hope he is ok. Matt Ryan got hit too many times tonight. That right side of the line is not playing all that well. The Falcons better bring a vet in at RT if they want Ryan to be alive all season.
RT hasn't been the problem outside of 2 plays in each game. RG has been horrible but they won't try HAwley there.

Who is that Reynolds? Why won't Hawley get any time there?

Reynolds is the right guard who blows. Holmes has been good at right tackle despite what the announcers try to say. He's not Clabo right off the bat, but he has potential to be better.

They want HAwley to compete at center, but right now, Konz has it locked down. let him compete for RG.

Reynolds has been fine, holmes has times where he looks like he doesn't even belong in he nfl. Then he goes back to being average. I really don't know what games you're watching.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the game and I heard Roddy got hurt? What happened? Also how did our OL look? How did Worrilow/Bartu/Alford/Trufant look?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
I missed the game and I heard Roddy got hurt?

Yes it's a minor ankle injury from all the reports.
SpoonFed56 wrote:
What happened?

He stepped on Chykie Brown's ankle in the end zone on a target.
SpoonFed56 wrote:
Also how did our OL look?

Okay. Holmes looked better but not sufficient. Reynolds looked below average as well.
SpoonFed56 wrote:
How did Worrilow/Bartu/Alford/Trufant look?

None really stuck out besides Worrilow. Our first team defense as a whole looked good, so whether Des looked good or not the team did while he was in. Alford looked alright as well. A name or two that stuck out Josh Vaughan at RB, Darius Johnson, Kevin Cone, Drew Davis at WR, Dom Davis at QB for reserves. A few first team guys that stood out were S-Jax and Julio but both first units looked good IMO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Roddy hurt?

He was questionable to return so it can't be that bad.

Yeah I hope he is ok. Matt Ryan got hit too many times tonight. That right side of the line is not playing all that well. The Falcons better bring a vet in at RT if they want Ryan to be alive all season.
RT hasn't been the problem outside of 2 plays in each game. RG has been horrible but they won't try HAwley there.

Who is that Reynolds? Why won't Hawley get any time there?

Reynolds is the right guard who blows. Holmes has been good at right tackle despite what the announcers try to say. He's not Clabo right off the bat, but he has potential to be better.

They want HAwley to compete at center, but right now, Konz has it locked down. let him compete for RG.

They're dumb to let Hawley compete for center.Konz has it sewn up and he's the guy who was supposed to replace McClure when he retired int he first place. Let Hawley, Gunn, Manley, and Reynolds duke it out for this RG spot.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
viks4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Falcons WR Roddy White has a low-ankle sprain from Thur. Played in 128 straight games. Streak would continue if this were regular season

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/368364534810935296
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viks4life wrote:
Quote:
#Falcons WR Roddy White has a low-ankle sprain from Thur. Played in 128 straight games. Streak would continue if this were regular season

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/368364534810935296

One thing about Roddy, he's always been healthy.

Makes me wonder how much better he'd be if he had the mentoring that Julio had in his first 3 years in the league. Still one of my favorite players.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Reynolds has been fine, holmes has times where he looks like he doesn't even belong in he nfl. Then he goes back to being average. I really don't know what games you're watching.

Reynolds is a horrible run blocker. HE gets no push. He's even worse as a pass blocker. I'm watching the same Reynolds who got routinely blown up by Arthur Jones and Geno Atkins the last two games.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Reynolds is a horrible run blocker. HE gets no push. He's even worse as a pass blocker. I'm watching the same Reynolds who got routinely blown up by Arthur Jones and Geno Atkins the last two games.

I disagree. Oline is a spot you see what you want to see. I got no dog in either race, but Holmes has been flat out embarrassed way too many times. Doesnt really concern me much right now, but lets not pretend hes been close to good. Reynolds isnt getting whooped as bad as holmes has been.

And is there a quote or something saying they wont let Hawley compete at guard, or is that your opinion?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I disagree. Oline is a spot you see what you want to see. I got no dog in either race, but Holmes has been flat out embarrassed way too many times. Doesnt really concern me much right now, but lets not pretend hes been close to good. Reynolds isnt getting whooped as bad as holmes has been.

And is there a quote or something saying they wont let Hawley compete at guard, or is that your opinion?

Holmes has 4 bad plays and then has been good or baseline in the two games for hte rest of his plays. Reynolds has a bad play every third snap.

And it's shown by their actions. If they'd let Hawley compete at RG, they'd have him actually play there in the preseason.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Holmes has 4 bad plays and then has been good or baseline in the two games for hte rest of his plays. Reynolds has a bad play every third snap.

And it's shown by their actions. If they'd let Hawley compete at RG, they'd have him actually play there in the preseason.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Its only the 2nd preseaon game as well so Im not really concerned.

What i dont think is debatable is that its easier to hide a guy inside than on the outside. Especially with our offense we need someone who can be a solid pass protector.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Gameday thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: