Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2 GDT: Panthers @ Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Gettis is looking REAL good.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
David Gettis is looking REAL good.

Looks like when Anderson throws him the ball, you might as well consider him a DB.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Gettis we remember from his rookie season.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
This is the Gettis we remember from his rookie season.

He should be the #3. Plug Smitty in the slot.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line is atrocious.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just completed a third and long with The Jimmy.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
We just completed a third and long with The Jimmy.

Lil Jimmy. Brings back memories.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we got killed with those screen and swing passes. since we get stuck in a base zone defense they can't stop em. gotta man to man to stop those plays which would happen if it was regular season. i think the same is true on offense. keeping it simple, running a vanilla game plan. not at all worried. next week will be the measuring stick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some of the first half yesterday and my god. The o-line was just plain bad. They going to kill this team if they dont step it up.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much looked good for the panthers game. Pass d was picked apart and run d didn't inspire. Pass O out of smitty and gettis looked blah. I know there was no gameplan but still nothing looked good. that being said the #3 wr competition is on. Hixon looks like a cut. Did Edwards play this game? Ginn and pilares gotta blow it up or they'll be on the bubble. This is a good problem to have. I'm pulling for gettis.
here's hoping next week we look better.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
not much looked good for the panthers game. Pass d was picked apart and run d didn't inspire. Pass O out of smitty and gettis looked blah. I know there was no gameplan but still nothing looked good. that being said the #3 wr competition is on. Hixon looks like a cut. Did Edwards play this game? Ginn and pilares gotta blow it up or they'll be on the bubble. This is a good problem to have. I'm pulling for gettis.
here's hoping next week we look better.

I kinda agree with the Hixon being cut ordeal, but I really don't want it to happen. I think Pilares is as good as gone and Ginn, Adams as well as Gettis round out our receiving corp. That being said, this is only after two preseason games under their belt and given the forth game is just a scrubfest there is only a small window left.
panattack86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the game finally have a day off. but the oline in the first half didnt look good at all. Cam was rattled and overthrew smitty twice that would have extended drives. The 2nd and 3rd stringer looked good. Looks like we have some decent depth as DE/DB surprisingly. Gettis oh how i love to see him on the field making plays again. He looks like hes back in pre injury form. Should have the #3 spot with ease at this point. AE,Pilares, Ginn, Hixon, and Adams r having a decent battle for the remaining WR spots. Clausen looks better than he did a year ago, anderson will prob be done after this season.

Next game i want to see Norman, Thomas and Gettis get some first team reps. The vet DB's havent looked that good to me and Gettis is destroying this preseason 8 catches for 138 yards averaging 17 yards/rec.
YDS 329 AVG 15.67 LNG 35
TD 3
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Just watched the game finally have a day off. but the oline in the first half didnt look good at all. Cam was rattled and overthrew smitty twice that would have extended drives. The 2nd and 3rd stringer looked good. Looks like we have some decent depth as DE/DB surprisingly. Gettis oh how i love to see him on the field making plays again. He looks like hes back in pre injury form. Should have the #3 spot with ease at this point. AE,Pilares, Ginn, Hixon, and Adams r having a decent battle for the remaining WR spots. Clausen looks better than he did a year ago, anderson will prob be done after this season.

Next game i want to see Norman, Thomas and Gettis get some first team reps. The vet DB's havent looked that good to me and Gettis is destroying this preseason 8 catches for 138 yards averaging 17 yards/rec.

Armanti has pretty much secured a spot.

Captain is so out of place. They do this all the time with him. He's actually a damn good nickel CB.
panattack86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
panattack86 wrote:

Captain is so out of place. They do this all the time with him. He's actually a damn good nickel CB.

Captain is a good nickel DB but we need a #1&2 CB. I havent seen much to have a spot solidified from AE
YDS 329 AVG 15.67 LNG 35
TD 3
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Moody wrote:
panattack86 wrote:

Captain is a good nickel DB but we need a #1&2 CB. I havent seen much to have a spot solidified from AE

He's had very good camp and first game was good. He was out this game but he's back today.

Ginn looks much better with Cam throwing to him than DA, and they are saving his returns to regular season.

Adams is still out hurt which if he doesn't get back soon he has no chance of making it.

Hixon better show something soon he just got back from injury.

Thanks CK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: