Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins HC Shanahan: RGIII will start week 1 against Eagles
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Redskins HC Shanahan: RGIII will start week 1 against Eagles Reply with quote

Quote:
Robert Griffin III: "There's no doubt I'm playing Week 1."

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/366948077455675393

The Redskins play the Eagles on week 1 and RGIII will play the game according to him, an amazing recovery after busting his knee during the wildcard round last season.

***Update***
Quote:
Mike Shanahan clearly rules out the idea of Robert Griffin III playing in preseason games.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/367035930449686528

Quote:
Shanahan "I think practice is tougher than games."

https://twitter.com/ESPNRadio980/status/367036214890606592

***Update***
Quote:
What Washington wanted: Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will start their Monday night opener against the Eagles.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/372702372390137856

***Update***
Quote:
Sources telling me the "concerns" about @RGIII have less to do with health of the knee, much more on how the team plans to use him

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/373479267692052480

***Update***
Quote:
Robert Griffin III has been named the Week 1 starter, Mike Shanahan just announced.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/374619302424739840
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured as much,cant wait for MNF!!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! He looks pretty good in drills despite a little limp and is expected to ramp up his workload this week and do 11 on 11s. They say he's had no swelling in the knee.

So, I expect him to be ready for week 1.

Just like TheSkinsFan, I can't wait for MNF!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Awesome! He looks pretty good in drills despite a little limp and is expected to ramp up his workload this week and do 11 on 11s. They say he's had no swelling in the knee.

I think ideally-- he should start the 5th game..after the bye week. K C can go 2-2 at worst and we go from there .. It's along season
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think ideally-- he should start the 5th game..after the bye week. K C can go 2-2 at worst and we go from there .. It's along season
If he's ready though, he should play and it seems he'll be ready. The only way they don't play him is if he's not healthy enough to play, which shouldn't be the case.

Every game matters man. In case you didn't notice, our 2013 schedule is not our 2012 schedule. We have a much tougher schedule than we did last year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If he's ready though, he should play and it seems he'll be ready. The only way they don't play him is if he's not healthy enough to play, which shouldn't be the case.

Every game matters man. In case you didn't notice, our 2013 schedule is not our 2012 schedule. We have a much tougher schedule than we did last year.

I thought the idea was think "career" not one season. What exactly is "healthy enough", 90%, 85%.. A Peterson ruined it for everyone ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I thought the idea was think "career" not one season. What exactly is "healthy enough", 90%, 85%.. A Peterson ruined it for everyone ..
I'm not a doctor, I have no clue.

They won't put him out there if they think he's going jeopardize his long term playing career. Shanahan and the doctors have already slowed Rg3 down this offseason several times. They aren't going to let him put himself in jeopardy again like he did last year vs Seattle.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Mike Shanahan clearly rules out the idea of Robert Griffin III playing in preseason games.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/367035930449686528

Quote:
Shanahan "I think practice is tougher than games."

https://twitter.com/ESPNRadio980/status/367036214890606592

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
Tom Brady Tribute
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I laugh at that every time. Laughing Laughing

As for the news, I'm probably the least excited about it compared to everyone on this forum. I'm most certainly excited for this season with Griffin under center, but I'm just really, really scared that Griffin's gonna re-injure that knee.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
^^^ I laugh at that every time. Laughing Laughing

As for the news, I'm probably the least excited about it compared to everyone on this forum. I'm most certainly excited for this season with Griffin under center, but I'm just really, really scared that Griffin's gonna re-injure that knee.

I have my concerns as well, but I'm also optimistic that both RG3 and Shanahan learned there lesson last season and nethier would put this franchise in a situation where RG3 is put out on the field too soon. Cousins has shown the ability to lead this offense and I would have no problem with him starting the season if that needed to be the case. I personally want to see RG3 in the preseason and then make a decision wether he is really ready for full action again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins’ quarterback’s competitive drive to get back on the field is clouding his judgment..

http://wapo.st/13fAFa2

RG3 really hopes to play in the preseason. He'd like to suit up for the 3rd game:

Quote:
“You know me too well,” Griffin said Monday when asked if he would try to convince Shanahan to play in the preseason. He added, “I’m going to, definitely. I want to play, let’s get that straight. I want to play in the preseason. . . .I’m definitely going to push for it. I feel ready to go. I’ll definitely push for that third game, but we’ll see what happens.”

Really? I think Rg3 thinks he's invincible or something. It's admirable, but I think he needs to quit pushing it so much and take it easy this camp and preseason for his sake and the teams sake.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The Redskins’ quarterback’s competitive drive to get back on the field is clouding his judgment..

RG3 really hopes to play in the preseason. He'd like to suit up for the 3rd game:

Quote:
“You know me too well,” Griffin said Monday when asked if he would try to convince Shanahan to play in the preseason. He added, “I’m going to, definitely. I want to play, let’s get that straight. I want to play in the preseason. . . .I’m definitely going to push for it. I feel ready to go. I’ll definitely push for that third game, but we’ll see what happens.”

Really? I think Rg3 thinks he's invincible or something. It's admirable, but I think he needs to quit pushing it so much and take it easy this camp and preseason for his sake and the teams sake.

I have my concerns as well, but practice is not the real deal. RG3 teammates aren't gunning for him like opponents will be in real live action wether it be preseason or the regular season. I want to see him in real live action havin to plant his leg and use that knee. I'm not saying play him the full amount of time the first unit usually gets in the 3 preseason game, but give him sometime just to gain confindence that he is actually ready. You never know he could get in there and realize "hey maybe I should sit out a few games" or just his play may speak those words and we go rite back to Cousins and he leads us until Rg3 is really ready.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I have my concerns as well, but practice is not the real deal. RG3 teammates aren't gunning for him like opponents will be in real live action wether it be preseason or the regular season. I want to see him in real live action havin to plant his leg and use that knee. I'm not saying play him the full amount of time the first unit usually gets in the 3 preseason game, but give him sometime just to gain confindence that he is actually ready. You never know he could get in there and realize "hey maybe I should sit out a few games" or just his play may speak those words and we go rite back to Cousins and he leads us until Rg3 is really ready.
He can get used to his knee week 1 and playing with it full speed then, as far as I'm concerned. All he needs is for someone to fall on him and him to re-injure that knee in a meaningless exhibition game. Heck, if you want to be truly honest I'm not too excited for him participating in 11 on 11's because all it takes is for one teammate to fall on him and then for him to re-injure that knee. Have him near 100% healthy is so much more important that him participating in a training camp 11on 11 drill or a meaningless preseason game.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I'm on RG3's side here. So far he has shown that his knee is recovering at a very fast rate...similar to that of AP last year. He has passed every test that has been given to him in the rehabilitation process with flying colors, so if Dr. James Andrews thinks he's ready to go, AND RG3 believes he is ready to go, then I have no problem with RG3...a SECOND year QB taking a few snaps in the preseason getting used to game speed, and shaking off the rust. Obviously that doesn't mean exposing him to big hits, but giving him a series or two with a conservative game isn't really a bad idea if BOTH Andrews and RG3 think the knee is ready to go at this point.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I'm on RG3's side here. So far he has shown that his knee is recovering at a very fast rate...similar to that of AP last year. He has passed every test that has been given to him in the rehabilitation process with flying colors, so if Dr. James Andrews thinks he's ready to go, AND RG3 believes he is ready to go, then I have no problem with RG3...a SECOND year QB taking a few snaps in the preseason getting used to game speed, and shaking off the rust. Obviously that doesn't mean exposing him to big hits, but giving him a series or two with a conservative game isn't really a bad idea if BOTH Andrews and RG3 think the knee is ready to go at this point.
Playing RG3 is exposing him to big hits. Whether the big hit be from the pass rush of the opponents or because he will take off running when something isn't open right away when he drops back to pass. Rg3 still isn't a patient qb in the pocket, he relies too much on his legs and takes off running often in 7 on 7s instead of going through his progressions properly or throwing the ball away if nothing is open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: