Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins HC Shanahan: RGIII will start week 1 against Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Sources telling me the "concerns" about @RGIII have less to do with health of the knee, much more on how the team plans to use him

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/373479267692052480

Exactly. To go out there and throw passes out of the pocket, RG3 may be as ready as ever. But after two ACL tears on one knee, he shouldn't be running the spread option. Not week 1, not five years from now.

I'm curious about two things. 1. Will the Redskins continue to run that offense. 2. If not, how good will RG3 actually be when teams don't have to worry about him running.

They'll still run it, but supposedly Mike and Kyle have/had a 3 year plan for Griffin when he was drafted. That plan being on how they'll open up and evolve the offense so I expect to see something new this year, probably a bit more "Traditional" in the sense of less read option stuff and plain play action.

However, you can't completely eliminate the read option. The reality is last year the read option isn't what got Griffin hurt, anyone who watched the Skins know that the times he got hurt (his concussion against the Falcons and the Ngata hit) were on the pocket breaking down and Griffin scrambling for yards. He needs to learn to throw the ball away as much as he needs to learn to slide, maybe even more so.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any concern with his knee then why rush it when you have someone like Cousins backing him up?

Wonder what the future holds for him. Can he develop more into a traditional passer than he has been to alleviate the stress on his knees or will he not be able to transition and blow out his knees again?

He's the franchise QB though and you gotta protect him. I'm hoping he can build on his exciting year. Fun to watch.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Any concern with his knee then why rush it when you have someone like Cousins backing him up?

Wonder what the future holds for him. Can he develop more into a traditional passer than he has been to alleviate the stress on his knees or will he not be able to transition and blow out his knees again?

He's the franchise QB though and you gotta protect him. I'm hoping he can build on his exciting year. Fun to watch.

His knee is 100%, concern is in how they use him.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Dude is the Kordell Stewart of our time. Gotta let him do his thing. Wink
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Double post an hour apart?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Stewart was a poor QB whose only success came when the team minimized the role he took. He wasn't much like RGIII except that he was athletic and could run decently with the football.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Stewart was a poor QB whose only success came when the team minimized the role he took. He wasn't much like RGIII except that he was athletic and could run decently with the football.

So RGIII?

(Hence winky face) Joke joke joke

Moving forward who fits better into the Redskins plans? Pocket passer Cousins or RGIII with his knee issues?

Can RGIII make the transition?
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Double post an hour apart?

Browser reload. Confused
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

So RGIII?

Moving forward who fits better into the Redskins plans? Pocket passer Cousins or RGIII with his knee issues?

So are you just trolling or do you really think Griffin isn't a good pocket passer? You don't produce like him without the ability to throw.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

So RGIII?

So are you just trolling or do you really think Griffin isn't a good pocket passer? You don't produce like him without the ability to throw.

Alright I'm not trying to troll. Bad joke made even worse by my bad humor.

I am a big fan of RGIII and I hope he succeeds in every way. I think he is a successful pocket passer but has been able to be even more successful due to his legs.

Given the fact that the Redskins are moving forward in their plans on the QB position and that RGIII is in those plans but there is some concern on how he can handle it moving forward, would someone like Kirk Cousins be better suited for the Redskins schemes and plans?

Or do you think RGIII will find continued success in a different role or will his talent be diminished due to the new plans?
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

So RGIII?

Billal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

So RGIII?

Question is, will he be used differently? I assume he will be. He'll be in the pocket. Will Cousins every be the main QB? He's another Redskin QB on the carousal. Come in for a time and then leave.

I don't see RGIII having a long NFL career.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are over-thinking this. We'll see what happens starting Sept. 9th.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Robert Griffin III has been named the Week 1 starter, Mike Shanahan just announced.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/374619302424739840
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: