Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins HC Shanahan: RGIII will start week 1 against Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
There's no need for Griffin to rush this. Washington has a very capable back-up quarterback in Cousins if extra preparation for Griffin's injury is required.

What part of 7-9 months do people not understand?
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Operation Patience....Complete. Cleared.
To God Be The Glory

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/373270965662527488
Tom Brady Tribute
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII 2m
Operation Patience....Complete. Cleared.
To God Be The Glory http://say.ly/TeI6Cdx

Getcha Popcorn ready.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
He needs to keep his mouth shut and let teams think he isn't going to play for a couple weeks to keep them guessing. I wouldn't rush it if I were him.

no kidding, why give up this information to the eagles?

Maybe it's all part of his plan, maybe he won't be playing Week 1.

Shocked

Laughing JK, a great point is being made. RGIII coming out to the media and saying he's playing does nothing but hurt his team, even if it was already widely believe he would be ready.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
He needs to keep his mouth shut and let teams think he isn't going to play for a couple weeks to keep them guessing. I wouldn't rush it if I were him.

Shocked

Laughing JK, a great point is being made. RGIII coming out to the media and saying he's playing does nothing but hurt his team, even if it was already widely believe he would be ready.

Shanny caused more problems by saying Dr.Andrews has "concerns" and that he has a meeting scheduled with Robert for this weekend to discuss them.

Shanny also seemed agitated and preoccupied during his presser after the game. :/
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Shocked

Shanny caused more problems by saying Dr.Andrews has "concerns" and that he has a meeting scheduled with Robert for this weekend to discuss them.

Shanny also seemed agitated and preoccupied during his presser after the game. :/

How exactly is that causing more problems? By not allowing the opposing defense to know who to plan for? RGIII is the one causing problems by telling the Eagles defense exactly how to practice.

It's not a huge problem, but he clearly didn't think it all the way through. I like RGIII a lot, but it is starting to look like he just likes to see himself on ESPN or ESPN.com. I hope he grows out of it.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Shocked

How exactly is that causing more problems? By not allowing the opposing defense to know who to plan for? RGIII is the one causing problems by telling the Eagles defense exactly how to practice.

It's not a huge problem, but he clearly didn't think it all the way through. I like RGIII a lot, but it is starting to look like he just likes to see himself on ESPN or ESPN.com. I hope he grows out of it.

Well, the last month has been dedicated to Griffin and Shanny hating each other (with honestly no real evidence for it), can you imagine what the next 10 days will be like after having actually giving the national media something?
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Well, the last month has been dedicated to Griffin and Shanny hating each other (with honestly no real evidence for it), can you imagine what the next 10 days will be like after having actually giving the national media something?

Didn't come close to answering the question. How is that Shanahan causing more problems? If you want to say the media is causing problems, sure, but what was wrong with Shanahan saying there are still some concerns and they aren't certain on anything yet?

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Didn't come close to answering the question. How is that Shanahan causing more problems? If you want to say the media is causing problems, sure, but what was wrong with Shanahan saying there are still some concerns and they aren't certain on anything yet?

Just feel it was opening a bag of worms that isn't necessary. Didn't even seem like Shanny mind games, he was flustered and bothered during the interview.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Just feel it was opening a bag of worms that isn't necessary. Didn't even seem like Shanny mind games, he was flustered and bothered during the interview.

Maybe the can of worms was opened by RGIII when he announced he was playing Week 1? Why is it his job to announce that?

2014 Adopt a Saint
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Sources telling me the "concerns" about @RGIII have less to do with health of the knee, much more on how the team plans to use him

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/373479267692052480
Tom Brady Tribute
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Sources telling me the "concerns" about @RGIII have less to do with health of the knee, much more on how the team plans to use him

Should make Dr Andrews the offensive coordinator at this rate.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Exactly. To go out there and throw passes out of the pocket, RG3 may be as ready as ever. But after two ACL tears on one knee, he shouldn't be running the spread option. Not week 1, not five years from now.

I'm curious about two things. 1. Will the Redskins continue to run that offense. 2. If not, how good will RG3 actually be when teams don't have to worry about him running.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Exactly. To go out there and throw passes out of the pocket, RG3 may be as ready as ever. But after two ACL tears on one knee, he shouldn't be running the spread option. Not week 1, not five years from now.

I'm curious about two things. 1. Will the Redskins continue to run that offense. 2. If not, how good will RG3 actually be when teams don't have to worry about him running.

They'll still run it, but supposedly Mike and Kyle have/had a 3 year plan for Griffin when he was drafted. That plan being on how they'll open up and evolve the offense so I expect to see something new this year, probably a bit more "Traditional" in the sense of less read option stuff and plain play action.

However, you can't completely eliminate the read option. The reality is last year the read option isn't what got Griffin hurt, anyone who watched the Skins know that the times he got hurt (his concussion against the Falcons and the Ngata hit) were on the pocket breaking down and Griffin scrambling for yards. He needs to learn to throw the ball away as much as he needs to learn to slide, maybe even more so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: