You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Shark Tank Opens Tomorrow at 10am est. HERE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's The Worst Co-Commissioner In History?
JBURGE25
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Mussolini
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
These Nuts
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Toaster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Offensive Shark Tank Opens Tomorrow at 10am est. HERE! Reply with quote

*Sept 5 = The Super FA2 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
*Sept 6 = The Super FA3 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
*Sept 7 = The Super FA4 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
*Sept. 9 = All Shark Tanks Open. Claim After 18 hours. Open Til End Of Mock.
*Sept. 14 = 2014 NFL Draft Begins
*Sept. 28 = Draft Concludes. Begin signing UDFA. Same process as shark tank.
*Oct. 3 = Mock closes. Award Ceremony @9pm EST.

So this is what you've all been brought here to partake in... Through countless hours of pm'ing people, me and the BURGE have constructed the most formidable group of GM's that a GM Mock Draft has ever seen. Though the process was filled with an absurd amount of no-responses and an abundance of ridiculous declining responses, it led to a group that shall be committed to making this the greatest mock FF has ever seen (in August). Some of you are of higher-esteem than others, but this is where legends can be made of anyone. If you're a down an out poster or a fresh up and comer, this is where you'll have the opportunity to vault yourself into FF super stardom. Welcome... to the jfinley88/JBURGE25 2014 Mock Extravaganza! How will you be remembered? :fog comes in as jfin disappears:

:jfin reappears nude through the fog: So, I've been pm'ing people a ton over the past four days and we still have like six spots. So I'm posting the thread now and having it immediately locked, so we can fill this before the night ends hopefully. Then it shall be unlocked by Mr. Villain. Don't really wanna go the traditional route where people sign up through discussion, because then you get scrub [inappropriate/removed] who join and then jfin is pressured into giving them "a chance", so he doesn't come off as the antihero. So PM me (Not JBURGE, he's been a slack-[inappropriate/removed] to this point) if you're interested in one of those available slots. If you're interested there's some more info below. We're gunna vote to see if the consensus is to include FA or not. After this fills up, this will turn into the discussion thread and I'll open a Depth Chart Thread and a Transaction Thread ASAP.

clap for Jaguarfan's hype poster...

Some of you wonderful posters haven't partook in one of these before, so here are the Basic Rules And Guidelines...

1. Before you read the rules, go reserve a spot in the Depth Chart thread. And don't post ANYTHING besides your depth chart in there, because then when people are looking over everyone's team they'll have to read your pointless comment in there and it's just really annoying. As a matter of fact, if you post a comment in that thread your DQ'd from winning any prizes at the end. And don't try to act all badass, like you don't care about awards.

2. No complaining about trades that other guys make. If the trade is ridiculous enough to where everybody is complaining about it, then me or BURGE might veto. But it'd have to be really bad. At the end of the day, if you pull off an awesome trade, it shouldn't be taken away from you. And I doubt anyone in here will make a stupid trade, as you all very smart and beautiful internet people.

2.8 You can start trading whenever you want btw. Always open, never closes. When you do make a trade, put it in the transaction thread. And don't post discussion in the transaction thread... If you do, me and JBURGE will think of a punishment. It'll be bad so... don't do it.

3. On the bottom of your depth chart you must include something to the effect of a "Current Salary Cap" area. You must NEVER go over the cap. If you do go over me or JBURGE will do something bad; or if you get caught cheating with your financial buisness, I'll put it in my sig and you'll be forced to wear a dunce cap avi. For the salary info we'll be using spoctrac since it's easiest on the eyes imo. So to get your salary info, copy and paste this adress http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap-hit/ into your web bar. You'll have to obviously switch the team in the adress. At the bottom of that page will be your starting salary cap. After each trade you must show how that move affects the cap. So something like this.
Aug 14 - Starting Cap = 15m
Aug 16 - Traded Mason Crosby for a 2014 1st rounder. New Cap = 18m
You will owe guaranteed money. Anybody who doesn't know that affects the cap or how to figure that out, just ask in this discussion thread and somebody will explain! But just make sure you're leaving a "paper trail" of all your moves and your current salary cap is always big and noticable at the bottom.

4. I'll explain more about the Free Agency process when that session get's closer. We'll start with a "Super-FA" process, in which you will send a short pitch and a contract to a player (will send the actual offer to me or JBURGE or maybe someone else who volunteers to take on a few players). After the top FA's get signed there will be a shark tank for offense and defense. The the minimum bid for ALL players will be 600k. All bid increases must be by at least 50k. I'll go into greater detail in the actual FA thread. There will also be an RFA period, where it'll go exactly like it does in real life. If you have any immediate questions or if I had a dumb typo in here, just point it out in the discussion if you have any confusion. I don't proof read anything, so there's a possibility none of this makes any sense.

4.5. Tag n Trades are allowed. You'll be allowed to send 2 re-signing offers. A lot of them will probably get rejected. It'll be mostly based on if I like you as a poster. We'll gather a group of like 4 guys who'll be responsible for 2 divisions each. I don't know, maybe more, we'll see how it plays out I guess.

4.75. Now that I think about it; we're going to vote to see if everyone wants FA. So, you can skip rule 4 in it's entirety if you're not a fan of reading.

5. For the draft order, we'll just go in the reverse order of the latest ESPN power rankings. Which is there pre pre-season rankings...

6. For the draft, RS SO are available for the first 2 rounds. Juniors for the first 5 rounds. Unless a lot of you want this adjusted or something...

8. If you're drunk, only trade with jfin

8.5. Anybody who says anything that can be seen as an act of malcontent against jfin will be immediately removed and replaced with a better poster.

9. Try to keep most potential trade discussion through pm's. Don't flood the discussion thread with one on one trade discussions.

10. I'm probably skipping a bunch of stuff, so just bring it up in the discussion thread and I'll add it here somewhere.

A. This is probably going to move rather slowly. It seems like a lot of people are busy during August (or maybe a lot of people just didn't want to play my thing), so the schedule will be strict but rather loose.

Schedule

No Schedule Until Sign-Up's Are Done

But the schedule will include all of these things, in this order

*Player Re-Sign Period. One Player, One Offer. Sent To The Delegate Responsible.

*RFA Decisions. You Can Also Franchise At This Point.

*You Can Sign RFA's.

*Begin The Main Event Free Agent Signings.

*Decisions Announced

*Shark Tank Opens

*Draft Begins

This is really rough. Probably missing something. Point Out In Discussion Please! Will add dates as things begin to play out after this fills up.

GM - Team Assignments

AFC East
Bills - bkobow05
Dolphins - Jaytotha
Jets - green24
Patriots - I_GET_SAX

AFC North
Bengals - ochocinco4pres
Browns - nugpimpen/dogpoun87
Ravens - flaccomania
Steelers - wwhickok/jshowers

AFC South
Colts - wayne87reggie
Jaguars - Its A Sabotage
Texans - biggio7
Titans - Draw A Blank

AFC West
Broncos - wwhickok/jshowers
Chargers - Duffman57
Chiefs - JBURGE25/HyponGrey
Raiders - ChaRisMa

NFC East
Cowboys - BeeperKing
Eagles - RandyMossIsBoss
Giants - jcrell623
Redskins - DaBoyle250/turtle28

NFC North
Bears- Victor Cruz Pun
Lions- IDOG_det
Packers - Jaguarfan
Vikings - winitall

NFC South
Buccaneers - CHOMP_CHOMP
Falcons - Adrenaline_Flux
Panthers - samsel23
Saints- Harper41

NFC West
Cardinals - jfinley88
49ers - KahnYouDigIt
Rams - stafford=legend
Seahawks - KingOfTheHill84

Delegates:

jfinley88
JBURGE25
CHOMP_CHOMP
Another Person
Anther Person Maybe
Another Person Perhaps

Awards To Be Given

*The "Heisenberg Stamos" 2014 MVP Award

This will go to the poster that wasn't a [inappropriate/removed] that held up the draft. This poster was a regular contributor to the discussion thread and didn't suck the life out of it with bland and boring talk. Made their team better. Just seemed to be the best overall contributor.

*The "White Wizard" Draft Extraordinaire Award

This will go to the poster that has the best overall draft. This poster gave some draft grades and didn't stick to the traditional ESPN value boards, but actually has formed opinions and introduced people to some new prospects or threw some knowledge their way. Which is really the only point of doing a mock this early...

*The "Charles Manson" Visionary Award

This will go to the poster that took the right steps to rebuild the program and, ultimately, change the culture of the team. Made tough trades/cuts to try and take the first steps at building a dynasty.

*The "Riley Cooper" Humanitarian Award

This will go to the poster that was most involved in the discussion thread and brought both draft knowledge and entertainment to the mock.

The "Amanda Bynes" Too Cool Award

This will go to the poster who was most controversial in their decisions, which led to a lot of discussion.

*The "jfin" Alpha Award

This will go to the poster that seemed most badass, spent most money and made a lot of moves.

*The "Charlie Kelly" Wildcard Award

This will go to the poster didn't win an award, but should win an award.

*The "Mason Crosby" I Suck At Most Things Award

This award will go to the poster that was constantly multiple hours late, contributed the least to discussion, made their team worse and most importantly, disappointed all these beautiful posters (minus the winner of this award) the most.

Awards are in order of prestige. No poster will win more than 2 awards and will be on voted on in this order.

OTHER THINGS

bkobow05 wrote:
Franchise Tag Numbers
Quarterback | $17,875,200
Running Back | $9,862,800
Wide Receiver | $12,644,400
Tight End | $7,279,200
Offensive Lineman | $11,793,600
Defensive Tackle | $10,140,000
Defensive End | $13,410,000
Linebacker | $11,542,800
Cornerback | $13,024,800
Safety | $8,299,200
Kicker/Punter | $3,572,400

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
I know this has already been posted but I worked on this for over 2 hours so I'm posting it anyways dammit Razz

Roster Questions.
bkobow05 wrote:
Question...

Are we just picking 53 guys from the current TC rosters of our respective teams for our depth charts?

jfinley88 wrote:
Just get down to 53 by the end of it with 8 on the P.S.

samsel23 wrote:
Whats the plan for tag and trades while were on that subject. Are we able to sign them longterm? As long as the contract is agreed upon

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea.

And you guys know to be using 2014 salaries right?... NOT 2013!

IDOG_det wrote:
Also (just thought of this), are coaches going to be involved with this? Like, will we be able to change coaches? Because...mine might be gone by 2014 Laughing

jfinley88 wrote:
Ehhh. Wasn't planning on coaching period, but if it's what the consensus wants then I guess so..

wwhickok wrote:
I understand we have the option to tag a player and to resign 2 players from our UFA pool.

Does this in any way prevent us from 'competing' with other GMs to sign OTHER FA's that are leaving our team?

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea after you use your tag, 2 FA pitches... Who ever doesn't receive one of those 3 things will go straight to FA. You can use the fact that a player liked your city or whatever in your pitch though if that's the case.

But I'm not really sure what you mean to be honest.... You can attempt to sign your other FA's through pitches in the Super FA period, but obviously the chances that your gonna retain that player goes down as opposed to using the re-sign thing.

BTW you only send one pitch and offer. If the offer sucks and we turn it down, there's no new higher offer period. They'll go straight to FA.

wwhickok wrote:
Here's a question, do we have a 'standard' for contract offers. What I mean is, You said we get 1 shot at resigning our players, okay, so how do we know if we're throwing down a realistic offer?

jfinley88 wrote:
Just look at the contracts of players of similar prestige at the same position and make an educated guess.

wwhickok wrote:
Are we going to recognize contract extensions that occur during the preseason this year? Such as the 6 year $51M contract Sean Lee just signed with the Dallas Cowboys?

jfinley88 wrote:

Salary Questions.

samsel23 wrote:
So maybe a dumb question. Are we using their 2013 or 2014 salaries? Noticed the link took us to a 2013, but figured we'd use 2014.

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea we're using 2014 salaries. I'm stuck on my phone at work, so can't check whether or not there's even an option for that on spoctrac...

bkobow05 wrote:
So, if we are going to be authentic with this thing, only our top 51 contracts count against the cap, correct?

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea, I thought that's what spoctrac gave...? I'll check when I get home.

bkobow05 wrote:
The only issue I'm seeing so far in cap calculations is that, if we have UDFAs make our roster, they don't have contracts outside of camp invite contracts. I've got a few UDFAs that are going to make my roster depending on how free agency goes. I know that if I put the others on the PS, they don't count against the cap.

Just trying to figure out how to make them count towards my 2014 cap.

jfinley88 wrote:
Do they not have contracts on the site? If they don't I think we can just assume they're going for about 405k... But only top 51 contracts count anyone so...

bkobow05 wrote:
What are the 2014 positional franchise tags going to look like? I want to know because I want to tag either Jairus Byrd or Eric Wood.

Also, what's the 2014 Salary Cap going to be?

jfinley88 wrote:
We'll just use the same franchise numbers from last year, even though they're gunna be a tad off.

And what's everyone else's opinion on what the 2014 salary cap should be... like 125m... I dunno. Whatever seems to be the consensus. Start throwing some numbers out there...

daboyle250 wrote:
Hey jfin, what's the cap for this year?

jfinley88 wrote:
128 Million

green24 wrote:
Are we going to have rollover cap?

jfinley88 wrote:

IDOG_det wrote:
Also, can we extend/restructure contracts? Because I'm screwed with Suh's current 21 million cap hit.

jfinley88 wrote:

ChaRisMa wrote:
Can not tell if gif about rollover cap is yay or nay.

jfinley88 wrote:

stafford=legend wrote:
Quick question: On spotrac it gives me 124,490,954 as my total cap space (Meaning I still have 3,509,046 in space) when I view my 2014 cap; This includes my top 51 contracts (124,293,139) and dead money (96,317). Now my question is...do we disregard dead money and just include 2014 cap figures of individual players to determine our salary figure? Sorry if it's an obvious answer or something but I've never done a mock quite like this and this was the one concept I was slightly confused about.

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The dead money figure in the 2014 cap info includes all dead money (so money owed in the entire duration of the contract, not just 2014).

If you were to trade Bradford, you'd take total salary of $17,610,000 - dead money of $10,189,600 for a total savings of $7,420,400.

If you had, for example, $2,000,000 in cap room prior to that move then you would now have $9,420,400 in cap room after it.

Also, should be mentioned, if the player has no assigned dead money but has a signing bonus, the signing bonus still needs to be paid. I think they don't include that as dead money when it's down to the last year of the contract.

Example

Player: Adrenaline Flux

Base Salary: $2,000,000
Signing Bonus: $500,000
Dead Money: -------
Salary Cap Figure: $2,500,000

If Flux is cut then you have a savings of $2,000,000 (the base salary) because Flux is still owed the $500,000 signing bonus figure.

Signing bonuses are prorated which is basically where dead money comes from.

Example

Original contract for Flux was 3 years with a signing bonus of $1,500,000

Dead Money Year 1: $1,500,000
DMY2: $1,000,000
DMY3: $500,000

IDOG_det wrote:
Are we using rollover cap? And if so, is that amount just what we had leftover from last year?

jfinley88 wrote:
Yes, we're using cap rollover. Not from last year, but the current year, unless that's what you meant. So whatever the remaining cap is for the 2013 season is, apply that. Am I doing that right? AF spew your knowledge...

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Yep. It's just your unused 2013 cap space added to your 2014 cap space.

wwhickok wrote:
What are the "Tag Values" associated with each position?

jfinley88 wrote:
I dunno, we're just gonna use this... Close enough
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117300/article/franchise-tag-numbers-tentatively-set-2013-cap-near-121m

jfinley88 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
The 120% of the salary goes to guys who, if tagged, wouldn't be making 120% more than their previous contract. Guys like Aaron Rodgers would receive the 120% but not guys like Colin Kaepernick.

THIS IS THE RULE.

General Questions.
IDOG_det wrote:
Are we going to use this as a general discussion thread?

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea once we get 2 more GM's I'll mark this down as the discussion thread. Ran out of space in the subject line, so it came down to either the word extravaganza or discussion in the header... I think I made the right move. You guys can start trading and what not...

samsel23 wrote:
Soooo...Ummmm Do we??? Post trades in here??

jfinley88 wrote:
If you wanna do that I won't stop you. But I won't awknowledge a trade unless it's posted in the transaction thread... Where is the transaction thread, you may be asking yourself? It has yet to be made.

wayne87reggie wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

Quote:
Schedule

August 25 = Deadline To Have A Completed And Accurate Depth Chart
August 26 = Send Pitches & Contract Offers For 2 Of Your UFA's
August 28 = Decisions On UFA's Announced
August 29 = Franchise Tag Period Begins. You Can Use Up Til UFA Begins.
August 31 = Make Decisions on Your RFA's.
September 2 = Only Day To Sign RFA's If You Want To.
September 4 = The Super FA1 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
September 5 = The Super FA2 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
September 6 = The Super FA3 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
September 7 = The Super FA4 Period Will Open. Send In Offers. Decisions Next Day.
September 9 = All Shark Tanks Open. Claim After 18 hours. Open Til End Of Mock.
September 14 = 2014 NFL Draft Begins

Can we get this in the first post, so we dont have to scroll through thread to find it
[list=][/list]

1. Raiders
2. Jaguars
3. Bills
4. Cardinals
5. Browns
6. Chiefs
7. Eagles
8. Jets
9. Titans
10. Chargers
11. Panthers
12. Lions
13. Buccaneers
14. Rams
15. Dolphins
16. Steelers
17. Cowboys
18. Vikings
19. Bears
20. Saints
21. Colts
22. Giants
23. Redskins
24. Bengals
25. Texans
26. Ravens
27. Packers
28. Seahawks
29. Patriots
30. Falcons
31. 49ers
32. Broncos

jfinley88 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
For the draft are we assuming that all of the Juniors are entering?

It was

RS Sophs 1-2
Juniors 1-5
RS Juniors 1-6

Added to front page.

Last edited by jfinley88 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:07 am; edited 31 times in total
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlocked?

Starting soon?

Is anyone listening to me?

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this started!

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
jcrell623

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when will GMs be announced?
jfinley88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Unlocked?

nugpimpen wrote:
Starting soon?

nugpimpen wrote:
Is anyone listening to me?

jcrell623 wrote:
when will GMs be announced?

You in. Had it filled up; then Rammy got banned and maes deactivated his account. So, now I gotta find a couple more GM's. The talent pool is running dramatically low, so pretty much anyone that pm'd (minus a couple because of post count) got in... Didn't really create a "dream crew" of GM's like I envisioned, so if you think you're not up to par in the activity department, this is where you step your game up and become really active. If not, me and BURGE will think of something bad for you to do.

You can start trade discussions and what not, but don't post any official moves yet until I (you guys can help me spam this too if you want) find some replacements...
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have someone who will be a reliable GM. He just opened his account, but I can vouch for him as a reliable poster.

Let me know if you need someone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bro, sign me up as a delegate.

Adopt-A-Redskins: Josh Norman
Stringer Bell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can't join this because of my post count?
That's like a 40-degree day. Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. Fifty? Bring a smile to your face. Sixty? People damn near barbecuing. Nobody remember 40, and y'all people is giving me way too many 40-degree days.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Hey bro, sign me up as a delegate.

This isn't one of those thing's that you're just given; it shall be earned. The most worthy posters who volunteer will be chosen to be the delegates. I like your forward approach in requesting acceptance though; that alpha gene you possess will be noted and will, ultimately, probably sway me into giving you one of the spots.

Stringer Bell wrote:
So I can't join this because of my post count?

Yea, there's gonna be a ton more of these for you to join though.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to throw my name out there for delegate. I think I would be a good delegator of delegations, that would require some feverish delegating!

But if delegations get heated, we will have to delegate the delegator's with a swift delegative force.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
I would also like to throw my name out there for delegate. I think I would be a good delegator of delegations, that would require some feverish delegating!

But if delegations get heated, we will have to delegate the delegator's with a swift delegative force.

The first delegate to be named is CHOMP_CHOMP!

Three more spots remain I believe.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

The first delegate to be named is CHOMP_CHOMP!

Three more spots remain I believe.

I would be one if needed

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question...

Are we just picking 53 guys from the current TC rosters of our respective teams for our depth charts?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Question...

Just get down to 53 by the end of it with 8 on the P.S.

IDOG_det wrote:

Yea once we get 2 more GM's I'll mark this down as the discussion thread. Ran out of space in the subject line, so it came down to either the word extravaganza or discussion in the header... I think I made the right move. You guys can start trading and what not...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 1 of 105

Jump to: