Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Y2's 49ers Roster Power Rankings: Week 2 (Updated on 1st pg)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is going to be so interesting to follow throughout the season. Only issue with your rankings is Kdub being kinda low at 35, with guys like Wilhoite, Kilgore, Cox, Brock, Dorsey ahead of him. I think he's poised for a big year with a big role in our offense as the #2 receiver.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept him low due to him not playing at all in the preseason. He and the other WRs will likely find their way up the charts before long.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I've kept him low due to him not playing at all in the preseason. He and the other WRs will likely find their way up the charts before long.

yea I figured that, I'm not that against it. He still has a lot to prove like how will he play with Kaep, can he stay healthy, can he be reliable on returns, will Moore, Patton, or any other receiver surpass him as the #2? We should have answers soon enough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like seeing Tarell Brown so high. Low-key he's been the best cornerback on our squad for the past three years.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archiving Week 1's Power Rankings...Look for Week 2 on the first post in a few moments.

Setting up the starting rankings for the 53-man roster. This is for only those who are on the 53-man roster - so doesn't include anyone suspended, on PUP lists, or the practice squad.

1) Justin Smith, DL, #94
Arrow Pointing: Horizontally
Last week: 1

Going to need a monster game from Justin to help put pressure on Rodgers.

2) Colin Kaepernick, QB, #7
Arrow Pointing: Up
Last Week: 2

The reigns are all his now...time to see what he can do in a full season with a tough test right off the bat.

3) Aldon Smith, OLB, #99
Last Week: 3

Would be a great week to make sure he gets on his way toward that single season sack record.

4) Patrick Willis, ILB, #52
Last Week: 4

Might still wear something on his hand for some extra padding for the next few weeks, but he'll play (which was never in doubt).

5) NaVorro Bowman, ILB, #53
Last Week: 5

Another all-pro season should be in the works.

6) Frank Gore, HB, #21
Arrow Pointing: Down
Last Week: 6

A few reports have suggested he's showing signs of slowing down, which makes me a very sad person. Maybe he goes over 100 yards on Sunday and quells that quickly.

7) Vernon Davis, TE, #85
Last Week: 7

Need a giant season from VD at the tight end spot...hopefully one involving his first 1000 yard season.

8) Tarell Brown, CB, #25
Last Week: 8

Brown's been playing great these past few years - hopefully he plays even better in his contract year to make some money for himself.

9) Joe Staley, LT, #74
Last Week: 9

Was our best lineman all preseason. Getting a lot of recognition around the league lately, too. Big challenge for week 1.

10) Alex Boone, RG, #75
Last Week: 10

Boone is far too underrated around the league. Hopefully another mauling year will help boost his recognition.

11) Anquan Boldin, WR, #81
Last Week: 11

I'd love to see the Boldin from the playoffs and Super Bowl all year this year, please.

12) Ray McDonald, DE, #91
Arrow Pointing: Slightly Up
Last Week: 12

Long one of our most underrated players. Would love to see him have a monster year.

13) Mike Iupati, LG, #77
Last Week: 13

He wasn't bad, but I hope he plays a lot better in the regular season than he did in the preseason.

14) Ahmad Brooks, OLB, #55
Last Week: 14

With how Lemonier played in the preseason and the recent history of injured players, Brooks might want to not get injured this year or he might find himself in a Cheifs uniform next year.

15) Anthony Davis, RT, #76
Last Week: 15

If he continues on his current trajectory of improvement, he might be an all-pro at the end of the year.

16) Andy Lee, P, #4
Last Week: 16

Would love to see the Knuckle Punt make its fabled debut this week...as long as it works.

17) Donte Whitner, SS, #31
Last Week: 17

I'm going to be interested to see how much he's going to be able to play near the line of scrimmage (where he's better) with Reid instead of Goldson.

18) Eric Reid, FS, #35
Last Week: 18

Unlike last year's first rounder, Reid has already worked himself into the starting lineup. I've got my 'pay da man' comments copied and ready to paste on gameday.

19) Carlos Rogers, CB, #22
Last Week: 19

I'm not sure even a really great year from Rogers would save his spot on the roster next season, but it might help him get picked up easier somewhere else.

20) Phil Dawson, K, #9
Last Week: 20

For the first time in...well, just one season...I won't be nervous about 40 yard kicks or longer.

21) Kendall Hunter, HB, #32
Last Week: 21

With James injured, Hunter is going to be very active on gamedays.

22) Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, #28
Last Week: 22

3rd CB heading into Sunday, he'll definitely be needed often. Hopefully being back in the Bay Area inspires him to play like he used to...in the Bay Area.

23) Ian Williams, NT, #93
Last Week: 26

Gotta love Williams. Refused to give up his starting nose tackle spot and played lights out all preseason. Big things could be in store for him.

24) Bruce Miller, FB, #49
Last Week: 25

Bumped Miller up a few spots as he's been his typical solid self all preseason, and he's been a bit more active.

25) Vance McDonald, TE, #89
Last Week: 23

Had a great first week, and then sort of quieted down for the last two games. He didn't play poorly by any means, just went quiet. Hopefully he makes some noise Sunday.

26) Jonathan Goodwin, C, #59
Last Week: 30

Looked good in the preseason while he was in. He'll start all year barring something catastrophic, but I think this is his last year as a 9er.

27) Daniel Kilgore, C, #67
Last Week: 24

Still had a really good preseason, but we're going to have to wait for him to unseat Goodwin most likely until next year (barring injury or terrible line play).

28) Michael Wilhoite, ILB, #57
Last Week: 27

Moves down only to get the starter (Goodwin) moving up. His preseason was probably the most unexpected joy to watch.

29) Glenn Dorsey, NT, #90
Last Week: 31

Didn't win the starting job, but that's not his fault - that was strong play by Williams. He'll fill the role RJF had last year, and probably do a better job at that.

30) Quinton Patton, WR, #11
Last Week: 32

Really love what Patton was able to do in such a short time in the preseason. It's hard for rookies to find work on this team, and he jumped up and snatched the opportunity. It'll be interesting to see how many snaps he gets.

31) Kyle Williams, WR, #10
Last Week: 35

Still the favorite to start opposite Anquan, but even Williams has been clear there'll be a rotation between him, Patton, and Moore.

32) Corey Lemonier, OLB, #96
Last Week: 28

Moves down just a bit as he's not likely to see as much playing time as the guys in front of him. In fact, Maiocco is predicting he might be one of the inactives early in the year. I think that's harsh, but given that there's plenty of Special Teams guys that'll be active (like Spillman, Dahl, Skuta), it wouldn't completely shock me.

33) LaMichael James, RB, #23
Arrow Pointing: Slightly Down
Last Week: 29

Didn't move down due to injury...moved down due to a mostly uneventful preseason in which he didn't necessarily show he's the one gem from the 2012 class (though he's essentially the only one left).

34) Marlon Moore, WR, #19
Last Week: 37

Clearly showed what he could do in practices and won a spot on the team. His best skill is his versatility, as he can play any of the receiver positions.

35) Tramaine Brock, CB, #26
Last Week: 33

The fact that he was still in contention for the third CB spot up until this week goes to show he had a strong preseason. But he's still the 4th CB which doesn't get onto the field all that often.

36) CJ Spillman, FS, #27
Last Week: 36

Looked good at safety all preseason, but his role is Special Teams.

37) Perrish Cox, CB, #20
Last Week: 34

He'll be active for his Special Teams work, but it'll be very hard for him to find the field on defense this year without some injuries.

38) Anthony Dixon, RB, #24
Last Week: 40

Gets the role of emergency HB/FB as well as his usual Special Teams spot.

39) Dan Skuta, OLB, #51
Last Week: 41

If Maiocco is right and Lemonier is inactive, Skuta will be the primary backup to Brooks and Aldon...I was happy with his preseason at OLB, but that's a scary thought, still.

40) Craig Dahl, FS, #43
Last Week: 43

Not the most popular guy around, but his Special Teams work in the preseason was neary perfect, minus the KR TD (where he maintained his lane to a fault).

41) BJ Daniels, QB, #5
Arrow Pointing: Way Up
Last Week: 44

He's going to be the inactive 3rd string emergency QB. That doesn't change the fact that he's been better than McCoy this offseason (at least as far as preseason games go).

42) Nick Moody, ILB, #54
Last Week: 45

Gets to suit up on gamedays as a part of the Special Teams units.

43) Adam Snyder, OL, #68
Last Week: 46

He'll likely see a lot of time as the 6th lineman when we go heavy, so hopefully he plays better than he did in preseason (not holding my breath).

44) Tony Jerod-Eddie, DL, #63
Last Week: 48

Jerod-Eddie has played exceptionally well (mostly against backups, of course) in the run game, and occasionally gets pressure in the passing game. I think he's been better than Tukuafu, but my guess is he'll be a candidate to be released during the season (along with Tukuafu) when some of our guys come off of the PUP list. Reason is - he'll have practice squad eligibility. It's for that reason I think he'll be inactive instead of Tukuafu (to help keep that eligibility).

45) Jonathan Baldwin, WR, #84
Last Week: 42

Going to likely start the season on the inactive list, so he'll need to work hard in practices to earn a role on this team sooner rather than later (because later we're adding 2 more receivers to the mix).

46) Will Tukuafu, DE, #48
Last Week: 51

He might get in the rotation against the Packers, and it'll be up him to make himself indispensible.

47) Kevin McDermott, LS, #47
Last Week: 52

Played well enough to allow the team to move on from its longest tenured player. That speaks volumes of how well he did, because Jennings was all but perfect in his 13 seasons here.

48) Colt McCoy, QB, #2
Last Week: 47

Our backup QB, but the fact that we're still not closing the door completely on quarterbacks (See Skelton, John) shows there's not an overabundance of faith in him if Kaepernick goes down.

49) Nate Stupar, ILB, #56
Last Week: 67

Had a horrible first week, but played much better in the 2nd game, and played phenomenally in the last game, which was enough to earn him a roster spot (at least temporarily).

50) Raymond Ventrone, S, #41
Last Week: 62

I remember the snickers when I predicted Ventrone would be on the team.

51) Garrett Celek, TE, #88
Last Week: 49

Still looked good enough as a blocking tight end, which is why he still has a role on this team, but if the Chris Harper as TE thing ends up working out, Celek's going to to find it hard to stick around.

52) Joe Looney, OL, #78
Last Week: 66

Looney looked a bit better against the Chargers, but he did not have a great preseason. Probably inactive on gamedays.

53) Chris Harper, WR/TE, #13
Last Week: Unranked

Hard to effectively rank Harper, so he'll start off on the bottom.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To your question to why Nnamdi played off on the Nelson TD, it was because Whitner was supposed to play the middle, but the Packers ran the one route that forced him to take the underneath route. My problem is, this has been Fangio's problem for a while. His calls are too obvious in the red zone and opposing teams are catching on to it. No need to get cute, just have your corners man up once they get inside the 10 yard line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: