Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Y2's 49ers Roster Power Rankings: Week 2 (Updated on 1st pg)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Y2's 49ers Roster Power Rankings: Week 2 (Updated on 1st pg) Reply with quote

Check Out Previous Editions of the Power Rankings:

Preseason Week 1: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16633218#16633218
Preseason Week 2: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16679927#16679927
Preseason Week 3: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16713588#16713588

Week 1: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16771690#16771690

Week one is in the books, and saw some really great performances from a lot of different players in our big win over the Packers. Now the rankings will be a bit more fluid with players moving around based on how the play from a week to week basis now that they're all set up here. Still, some consideration goes to where they were previously ranked and how important their spot on the team is.

1) Colin Kaepernick, QB, #7
Arrow Pointing: Up
Last Week: 2

There's no way he wasn't going to be the #1 guy in the rankings this week. You don't play remarkably against one of the best teams in the NFL at the most important position and post career day numbers and not move up. Y2 rankings 101. He was on fire all game, and clearly made the Packers pay for zoning in on the run far too much. Only 2 poor throws all game, and I'm not using 'poor' the same way I would for others - because they still weren't bad. One was a bit too high for Boldin, and on the other he didn't lead Williams nearly enough. Still, 400+ yards and some great chemistry with Boldin and Davis make him my top guy right now.

2) Aldon Smith, OLB, #99
Last Week: 3

Bumping Aldon up a spot for his great game that went beyond his 1.5 sacks (though he did have two neutral zone infraction penalties). Showed great agility on his first sack and tripped up Rogers. Called for neutral zone infraction. Good pressure on Rodgers (hurry). Another hurry on Reid's INT. Lined up at left defensive tackle, threw the guard out of the way and leveled Rodgers as he was letting go of the ball. Jumped offsides again. Great pressure on the left side to force a quick pass. Bit on the fake and allowed Rodgers to scamper around the end for a simple first down pickup. Good job getting his arm out and help bring Rodgers down for a sack. Prevented the Hail Mary by getting to Rodgers quickly on a 3-man rush to seal the game. Most importantly - he was getting to Rodgers on his own, regardless of what Justin Smith was doing.

3) Justin Smith, DL, #94
Arrow Pointing: Horizontally
Last week: 1

Smith was his usual beastly self. Great job holding Lacy up as Navorro punched the ball out. Was a force - forcing the offense to hold him multiple times. Got a lot of pressure on Rodgers, and forced a throwaway on one occasion. Carried two guys with him in the direction a run was going to the ball carrier to clog up the outside on a run stopped behind the line. Almost had a sack on Rodgers, but Rodgers narrowly escaped and then got hit by Reid.

4) Anquan Boldin, WR, #81
Arrow Pointing: Way Up
Last Week: 11

To be clear - I don't think Boldin was the 4th best player in this game...he was obviously the top guy. His ranking at 4 is just a combination of not wanting to lower the guys ahead of him and my previous thoughts of where he'd be. Boldin was nothing short of unstoppable this week, and showed why he's going to be a phenomenal pickup for us in ways that go beyond his total yardage (which 200+ yards....wow). He routinely caught passes in double coverage, and it showed immediately that Kaepernick has faith to throw some passes he wouldn't have thrown last year because of it. He was clutch in every way a receiver could be clutch, from first down catches on 3rd and 4th down, to some incredible blocks. Did miss one block and the safety made the stop of Gore in the backfield. Literally came from the opposite side of the field, charged into a guy and leveled him on Kaepernick's first down scramble.

5) Patrick Willis, ILB, #52
Last Week: 4

Willis put in his usual day's worth of work, which is incredible for most, and relatively average for him. Showed his typical nose for the ball. Did miss a tackle.

6) Vernon Davis, TE, #85
Last Week: 7

If you read last week's power rankings, I predicted a 1000 yard season from Davis, and I'm not second guessing it after the first game. If it wasn't for Boldin, we'd all be raving about Davis's big game, which produced a few clutch catches. Ran a perfect route up the seam to draw the safety to him and enabled Boldin to easily get into the endzone on his touchown. Showed off his famous hands by dropping a perfect pass deep in Packer territory. Great reception and fight for yards to set up a field goal attempt, which was ultimately missed. Showed off his infamous hit or miss hands yet again with a fantastic catch deep down the middle in the third quarter.

7) NaVorro Bowman, ILB, #53
Last Week: 5

Sloppy game from Bowman. He certainly made some plays, but missed a bunch, too. Missed tackle on screen pass allowed an extra 20 yards. Forced the Lacey fumble by punching it out. Missed another tackle, which allowed the back another couple yards. Called for unsportsmanlike conduct (for doing something, who knows what). Immediately following the penalty, he bit on Cobb's fake to an out route, and allowed Cobb to get a first down reception. Great job stepping in front of Finley and knock a pass away on 3rd down. He was good on most run plays, and showed his typical nose for the ball, but he needs to play much better this week.

8) Frank Gore, HB, #21
Arrow Pointing: Down
Last Week: 6

He didn't find many lanes to run through this week, but the only reason he's been bumped down were because of the phenomenal games from Boldin and Davis. Seems so weird to me that Gore might be the 4th most important person on offense this year. Good catch and run for about 8 yards on a pass play. Phenomenal blitz pickup - and this was the case routinely. So patient waiting for a hole; did a great job of waiting and picking up about 5 or 6 on a play that should have went nowhere. Brilliant in blitz pickup again - kept the guy off of Kaepernick, and Kaepernick was able to step up and throw a dart to Boldin for a 30 yard gain. Fought through someone holding onto his jersey, two guys trying to tackle him, and a facemask on his way to a 5-yard gain. On Kaepernick's first down scramble, Gore made a fantastic block to enable Kaepernick to get to the marker. Good 13-yard reception to get to a much more manageable field goal. Another great block by Gore to allow Kaepernick time to dump it off to Davis on a late 3rd down conversion - Gore may literally have been the best blocker this entire game, and that's very little hyperbole.

9) Tarell Brown, CB, #25
Last Week: 8

Given the team he was playing against, Brown had a pretty phenomenal game. I had him as giving up 2 receptions for 46 yards, and 37 of those came on a pass to Nelson that was simply indefensible. Showed great awareness to fall on Lacy's fumble. Otherwise, he routinely kept his receiver in check throughout the game.

10) Joe Staley, LT, #74
Last Week: 9

Great job all day of handling Clay Matthews. On Matthews's sack, Staley had a good block on a different man and Iupati whiffed on Matthews. Was called for a false start, which was his only negative play on the day by my calculations. Opened a good hole for Gore on the outside, but he got brought down just before the first down on 3rd down (set up our 4th down conversion play). Otherwise, he did his job very well and remained unseen - like all good linemen should.

11) Alex Boone, RG, #75
Last Week: 10

Once again, I had Boone as our second best offensive lineman in the game. Good job opening hole for a Hunter on a 1st down run. Couldn't quite hold onto a block and his guy made the tackle on a short run (Boone's only negative play of the day). Made a good pulling block to open a hole for Gore on a 5-yard run. Great run blocking overall through the day.

12) Ray McDonald, DE, #91
Arrow Pointing: Slightly Up
Last Week: 12

I really tried hard to find a way to move McDonald up a few spots, but there was just no way to do it. All day long he did a great job clogging run lanes, especially in the first half when he was unstoppable. He even got great pressure on Rodgers more than a few times. Had good pressure up the middle on Rodgers to help force an incomplete pass. Great bull rush up the middle to get immediate pressure and a half sack. Double-teamed and pushed back on Lacy's TD (which opened the hole) for his one negative play of the day. Almost had another sack, but Rodgers escaped his clutches.

13t) Eric Reid, FS, #35
Arrow Pointing: Way Up
Last Week: 18

I hesitated bumping him way up for his very first game, but I think this genuinely speaks to how well he played in a tough first start for him. I missed Goldson only once in this game, and it was on Lacy's TD run...I don't think Goldson would have made the play, but he would have put a much harder hit on Lacy (Reid sort of tapped him as he leaped). Otherwise, Reid was unbelievably good for his first ever game (against Aaron Rodgers). His first tackle was a good one and came on Special Teams. He missed a tackle on the sideline on an 8-yard pass (but did cause the receiver to be too close to the sideline and step out short of the marker). Missed a tackle on Nelson, and Nelson ran for another 20 yards, but from there he was great. Phenomenal awareness to get the rebound for the INT. Got the jump ball on the free play, so prevented the TD (Packers ultimately got it anyway on that drive). Flew up and made the stop on Nelson just short of the marker. Willis blitzed leaving Reid to have to come up and tackle Randall Cobb one on one in open space...which he did in a truly underrated play. Came up and pummeled Cobb on a reception that resulted in a first down anyway. Shoestring tackle on Cobb to save the touchdown (which the Pack ultimately got anyway). Came up big and put a good hit on Rodgers as he tried to scramble late in the game.

13t) Donte Whitner, SS, #31
Last Week: 17

I'm giving Whitner a good bump up the rankings for a great game in many ways, including three incredible and important plays. He made a good tackle in open field on Cobb. His first great play was a clutch tackle to save a touchdown on a screen pass that went for a giant gain. His second was a brilliant job holding Finley up long enough to be able to force him out of bounds on a deep pass - simply a brilliant play. The final was him hitting Cobb down the sidelines with less than 20 seconds left in the game, which prevented Cobb from getting out of bounds. That literally saved the Packers from having two plays in the final seconds instead of the one they ended up with. Clutch performance this week, and major props. Gave him and Reid the tie in the end, because I didn't want to rank one safety over the other as they both had huge games in very different ways (they're currently listed alphabetically).

15) Anthony Davis, RT, #76
Last Week: 15

Had a good, solid game, that was mostly unremarkable. In the 3rd quarter moved immediately to the second level rather than block the defensive end, and the end made the tackle on a short gain. He did a great job recovering to push his man inside on a pass play away from Kaepernick to allow Kaep to get rid of the ball. Did a great job getting to the second level on Hunter's big run. Couldn't handle his man late in the 4th, and Gore got stuffed for a short loss.

16) Mike Iupati, LG, #77
Last Week: 13

To be very clear about Iupati moving down - I don't think he's playing any less than 'really good' right now. I just think the other linemen have been better, and his play hasn't been to its usual level. He did a good job opening a hole on a Gore run to his hole, but it got plugged by a linebacker. He couldn't hold his block, realized Gore was still behind the line, and then blocked his guy into Gore. Got beat badly by a pass-rush move from Matthews and Matthews got the sack. Whiffed on a block and his guy ended up clogging the hole. Good pulling pass block on a playaction pass (Davis's second TD). Along with Kilgore, provided the key block on Gore's TD.

17) Ahmad Brooks, OLB, #55
Last Week: 14

Another guy who's moving down less because he played poorly than because others played much better. Still, Brooks was mostly held in check all game. Helped get pressure to force Rodgers to get rid of the ball quick on an incomplete pass. Got a hurry, but then made the bonehead move of throwing his shoulder into Rodgers after the pass for a roughing the passer call. Didn't get after the FB on a 3rd and 1 run, and enabled a first down run (had a chance at stopping him short). Good awareness sensing the WR screen, and he batted the pass down. Only got meaningful pressure on a couple plays.

18) Andy Lee, P, #4
Last Week: 16

His punts were great, but average for him. Not much to say other than he did well.

19) Carlos Rogers, CB, #22
Last Week: 19

I had Rodgers as completing 3 of 5 passes for 40 yards and a touchdown in Rogers direction, so for the most part - he did a good job (was the lowest amount of receiving yards given up by our 3 main corners by my calculations). Good read on a run play and got into the backfield to help stop Lacy for a loss. Started with a big cushion down by the goal line, and was then unable to fully wrap up Cobb on Cobb's first touchdown.

20) Ian Williams, NT, #93
Last Week: 23

Williams was not in often against the Packers, but he did his job very well when he was. Commanded a double team on a run play that was called back due to a penalty. Carried a blocker with him to plug the outside hole with Justin Smith on a run that went nowhere. Refused to be moved on a double team and made the tackle on the ball carrier for a 2-yard gain. His ability to find the ball on run plays is carrying over from the preseason - he's always around it.

21) Kendall Hunter, HB, #32
Last Week: 21

Other than his big run near the end of the game, he was held in check on his few runs. Did do a solid job finding little bit of running room he had. Good blitz pickup gave Kaepernick time to throw a pass on the run, but it ended up incomplete.

22) Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, #28
Last Week: 22

Had an up and down game against the Packers, but nothing I'm concerned about through one week, as some of the plays were hard to make. Also, in terms of pure passer rating, I had him as giving up the lowest among all our cornerbacks. Had decent coverage, but Nelson made a great catch on a 31-yard gain when Nnamdi couldn't find the ball. Got beat bad by Nelson, but an errant throw made it an incomplete pass. Good coverage on Nelson on an incomplete pass. Broke up a 3rd down pass intended for Jones. Had soft coverage (by design) on Nelson, but then missed the tackle and Nelson got the first down. Not sure why he was off so far in the redzone, but gave up an easy touchdown to Nelson. Good coverage on Nelson for quite some time on 3rd down and helped break up the pass.

23) Bruce Miller, FB, #49
Last Week: 24

Was fully prepared to bump Miller down a bit after the first quarter, but he regained his composure and finished with a good game overall. He whiffed on a block that got Hunter thrown for a loss. Did prove to be a good option in receiving game. Did just enough to allow room for a first down on a 3rd and short run. Good enough blitz pickup to enable Kaepernick to dump a pass off for a good gain. Ended up blocking his guy into the hole to stuff Gore short of the first down on a second and short run. Great lead block on a Gore 5-yard run. Great catch and run in the 4th quarter. Great lead block on Hunter's big run.

24) Vance McDonald, TE, #89
Last Week: 25

In just about every single way I can think of, I almost didn't realize Delanie Walker wasn't still on the team. He looked great on first catch - settled into a hole in the coverage, caught it and took off. Good block on a Cox kick return to keep the guy off of Cox and allow Cox to get another 5 yards. Good lead block on a Gore run that ultimately gained only a yard. Helped open a hole for Gore on a 5-yard run. Filling Walker's shoes perfectly - dropped an open pass at the first down marker on second down. Great clutch block to open a hole for Gore for a 6-yard gain on our final drive.

25) Phil Dawson, K, #9
Last Week: 20

He gets bumped down the rankings for a number of reasons - one, he missed a 40+ yard kick making me regret my comment last week (luckilly he hit the next two, which proved to be the deciding points in the game). Two, we scored touchdowns instead of settling for field goals...makes the offensive guys more important.

26) Kyle Williams, WR, #10
Last Week: 31

Didn't have the most eye-popping of games, but he was a good option while he was out there, and is clearly the second receiver right now. Nice gain on a quick first down reception. Didn't line up properly and covered Snyder (who reported as eligible) causing a 5-yard penalty. Great catch on a low pass near the end of the first half to put the team in Hail Mary distance. Drew double coverage runny a long route, and it opened Boldin underneath for a 9-yard gain. Great rolling catch over the middle of the field for a first down.

27) Daniel Kilgore, C, #67
Last Week: 27

Bumped him in front of Goodwin again, as I wasn't thrilled with Goodwin's showing. Made a great block on the first man down on a kick return to open the lane for Cox. Did a good job picking up a run blitzer on a 2nd and short run, and kept the guy off of Gore long enough for Gore to get the first down. Along with Iupati, provided the key block on Gore's TD run.

28) Glenn Dorsey, NT, #90
Last Week: 29

Steadily climbing up my chart week after week - he didn't play a whole lot, but he was good while he was in. Good job moving down the line to help plug the hole on a short run. Subbed in for Smith on a first down in third quarter, and you couldn't tell the difference - held his blocker in the hole, and made the tackle along with Williams.

29) Jonathan Goodwin, C, #59
Last Week: 26

Not a great game at all from Goodwin. He whiffed on his block of the linebacker that got Hunter stopped for a short gain. Good job opening hole on a short run. Called for a false start. Had some trouble with his man and allowed some pressure up the middle on an incomplete pass. Good block to keep Jolly off Kaepernick as Kaep was scrambling. Had trouble with his block, but kept him off Gore long enough for Gore to get through the hole. Looked lazy on multiple run plays - including one that got Gore stuffed. Great pass block to keep Boone's guy off of Kaepernick on a 37-yard pass to Davis. A second false start, which makes me question when the last time a center had two false start penalties in the same game. I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that.

30) CJ Spillman, FS, #27
Last Week: 36

Spillman had a really good game on Special Teams (certainly one of the more noteable ones), and didn't play a down on defense (at least not that I saw). Couldn't quite maintain block on punt return; led to fair catch. Missed a Special Teams tackle. Was doubleteamed, and still filled his lane correctly on a kick return. Good job keeping his man out of the way on a punt return, but Williams ended up cutting back into him. First man down on the kick return, and made a big hit and great play on the return man inside the 10.

31) Michael Wilhoite, ILB, #57
Last Week: 28

Hard for Wilhoite not to settle back down the rankings given that he's only in on Special Teams. Noticed him once - a good block to keep his guy off of Dixon on Dixon's kick return.

32) Quinton Patton, WR, #11
Last Week: 30

Patton was only in on one pass play that I saw, and he was open around the first down marker, but Kaepernick tossed a pass to Boldin a few yards further downfield into double coverage, and it was caught...so hard to fault that decision. Patton did have some nice blocking downfield on Hunter's big run.

33) Corey Lemonier, OLB, #96
Last Week: 32

Don't think he had any defensive snaps. Only time I caught him was a sloppy tackle attempt on a kick return - missed the tackle, but luckily Skuta was right there.

34) LaMichael James, RB, #23
Last Week: 33

Didn't play because of the injury, but luckily for him (if he puts a lot of stock in my rankings), there was nobody who did anything really remarkable to knock him down further.

35) Adam Snyder, OL, #68
Last Week: 43

This weeks' big mover is none other than Adam Snyder. Snyder and Kilgore played a few snaps in big formations, and when Snyder was in - he actually played pretty well this game. Couldn't get a good lead block on a Gore run, causing Miller to have to help out and plug the hole. Great job sealing the edge on a big formation run, and Gore got the first down on second and short. Great couple blocks on a Gore run down to the 2 in the redzone. Helped Davis open the hole, and then got just enough of the safety to help Gore pick up an extra couple at the end.

36) Perrish Cox, CB, #20
Last Week: 37

He did give up the touchdown, but seeing as he was in over Brock in that scenario, and Brock made some bonehead plays, I'm giving Cox a bump up. He did show really good vision on his first kick return (may have been his only one - I didn't note any others).

37) Anthony Dixon, RB, #24
Last Week: 38

A nice little boost for his big end of the second half kick return, that put us in a position to try and score points rather than run out the half. If he'd have been able to maintain his balance, he might have had a touchdown.

38) Demarcus Dobbs, DE, #83
Last Week: Unranked

Dobbs is coming back from suspension, and I have to figure he'll start out around here and take over Jerod-Eddie's role from last week.

39) Tony Jerod-Eddie, DL, #63
Last Week: 44

Which leads me to Jerod-Eddie. Jerod-Eddie got on the field for a few snaps in the rotation to spare our d-linemen, and looked pretty good overall against the Packers' first string line. Maintained his spot and helped bring down Lacy on a medium run. Too easily moved out of the way on a first down pickup from Lacy. Because of Dobbs's return, he might find himself inactive next week.

40) Kevin McDermott, LS, #47
Last Week: 47

Impossible to tell Brian Jennings wasn't out there unless you spent time searching for the 86 jersey and only found the 47. McDermott was perfect on his snaps. He also had one of the best plays of the game nobody noticed - a Packer was close to Lee on a punt, but McDermott got back fast enough to wall him off late in the game.

41) Marlon Moore, WR, #19
Arrow Pointing: Slightly Down
Last Week: 34

I only noticed him in on 3 pass plays, and given that he's on the depth chart over Patton and made zero catches, I can't imagine this being good for him (on top of that, consider Osgood was brought in on Special Teams, and guys with more potential like Patton, Baldwin, and even Harper loom, as well as the return of Crabtree and Manningham...not a good week). Had one pass thrown his way, but he couldn't make a moderately difficult catch.

42) Tramaine Brock, CB, #26
Last Week: 35

Brock went from being in competition for the 3rd CB job, to having Cox enter the field on pass plays in front of him. On top of that, he was called for a false start on one punt, and then an unsportsmanlike conduct for blocking out of bounds and a hold on another punt. Given that Eric Wright is in the team's plans, when he gets activated, it might not be a surprise to see Brock be the odd man out (through one game's worth of action, that is). He did have a nice shoestring tackle while fighting through a hold on Cobb on a punt return, though.

43) Dan Skuta, OLB, #51
Last Week: 39

Not moving down because of poor play. He's moving down because others moved up with bigger roles. Made a good stop on a kick return that kept the Packers within their own 25.

44) Craig Dahl, FS, #43
Last Week: 40

Same with Skuta - only moving down because others moved up. Had one great wrapup tackle in kickoff coverage, and a penalty was called on the Packers on the play.

45) Nick Moody, ILB, #54
Last Week: 42

Same with the above guys for the most part. He had one good block on Special Teams, but got injured in the game. He's now headed to IR, with the option to return later in the year. Kept him on the rankings for the week since he played in the game (unlike Tukuafu who I didn't bother ranking at all).

46) Raymond Ventrone, S, #41
Last Week: 50

Thought of moving him up even further, but he didn't necessarily perform better than the other special teamers ahead of him. Still, Ventrone played well, and on a couple occasions showed his importance as Andy Lee's punt protector. He was also the first man down on kick return - got blocked in the back to keep him off the returner (called). Made a great block to open up the lane on Dixon's kick return.

47) Garrett Celek, TE, #88
Arrow Pointing: Slightly Down
Last Week: 51

Great block on kick return to open up a lane for Cox. Other than that, he played some offense, but nothing remarkable happened one way or the toher.

48) Kassim Osgood, WR, #13
Last Week: Unranked

Have to place him here, as I figure he'll be active, which is more than the rest of the guys (with the exception of McCoy).

49) BJ Daniels, QB, #5
Last Week: 41

Obviously didn't drop due to play, but rather due to being the inactive emergency 3rd QB.

50) Jonathan Baldwin, WR, #84
Last Week: 45

If Moore doesn't pick it up, he has his chance to earn a spot on the active roster.

51) Colt McCoy, QB, #2
Last Week: 48

Still hope he never sees the light of day.

52) Nate Stupar, ILB, #56
Last Week: 49

Curious to see if he has the chance to make it onto the gameday roster with Moody going down, but I have to feel like Osgood takes that spot (otherwise, Osgood is a waste of a spot).

53) Joe Looney, OL, #78
Last Week: 52

No reason to be active. The 7 in front of him are playing well (or at least better than he would).

54) Chris Harper, WR/TE, #13
Last Week: 53

I wonder how much of a role Harper will play in our preparation this week (Hint: not much of one at all outside of the scout team).

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time

Last edited by y2lamanaki on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 12 times in total
Psychlone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Y2! And to hell with the time consumption, we want and demand more Wink You might want to only comment on those who improves or drops in rankings in the future to save some time. Agree pretty much rank and file with your rankings with minimal exception. Thought Wilhoite was a bit high and Collie too low and some other minor variances but that's just me. Oh, and be prepared for the wrath of the Nordique... Jennings at 40?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Great stuff Y2! And to hell with the time consumption, we want and demand more Wink You might want to only comment on those who improves or drops in rankings in the future to save some time. Agree pretty much rank and file with your rankings with minimal exception. Thought Wilhoite was a bit high and Collie too low and some other minor variances but that's just me. Oh, and be prepared for the wrath of the Nordique... Jennings at 40?

And the best player in the NFL at 17...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read...also the #55 seems to be very popular with this team Wink

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Great read...also the #55 seems to be very popular with this team Wink

Ha!

I would copy and paste the headers multiple times so that way I didn't have to worry about messing up the formatting...towards the end I noticed myself not changing the number so I went back like 30 names and double checked, figuring it was just exhaustion from writing. Didn't think I forgot to do so that early Laughing

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't and wouldn't get all caught up in your (or anyone's) rankings, but this was a real joy to read through, y2. I'd love it if you kept this up all year. I know I won't have time to do what I had been doing the last couple of years or so. Oh, I'll still watch the games 2 or 3 times throughout the weeks, but that's it.

I think you were slightly harsh on Lockette.. though I did want to see more. He did get 2 passes thrown his way and a D.P.I. call on both... but I would have loved to see a couple of deep ones his way.

Anyway, well done, sir.

___
sbrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely good write up. And I know it is time consuming. Do you have Nmamdi low because you think thats where our coaching staf have him? And very good point on dixon. He looks great every preseason for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing sometimes how you guys do these analyzing lists lol, good stuff! =)

Somewhere down the line you guys really should look into doing this professionally! nothing beats getting paid to do something you love to do anyway.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
Its amazing sometimes how you guys do these analyzing lists lol, good stuff! =)

Somewhere down the line you guys really should look into doing this professionally! nothing beats getting paid to do something you love to do anyway.

I completely agree! This kind of stuff is why I love FF and I really believe that the Niner Forum has several guys who could and should be in journalism in the sports industry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had posts similar to this... but id get halfway through and say "f it" and delete it. Kudos for putting in all the time and effort for us. Only complaint I had about anything was that you commented about preferring to see Kaep slide feet first. I think it poses a greater threat than sliding head first, personally.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Do you have Nmamdi low because you think thats where our coaching staf have him?

It'd say it's about half that. The other half is a combination of him being the 4th CB on the depth chart at the moment (and we don't often use a 4th CB, usually opting more for a 3rd safety in dime situations), and just his most recent history in Philadelphia (which isn't the fairest way to judge, but it's all I have to go on).

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
Only complaint I had about anything was that you commented about preferring to see Kaep slide feet first. I think it poses a greater threat than sliding head first, personally.

Fair enough. I could see an argument made for that, but either way it was a nitpicking kind of thing for me (obviously - he's ranked #1).

And as for everyone's compliments - thank you very much. They're always appreciated!

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
BangBang wrote:
Only complaint I had about anything was that you commented about preferring to see Kaep slide feet first. I think it poses a greater threat than sliding head first, personally.

Fair enough. I could see an argument made for that, but either way it was a nitpicking kind of thing for me (obviously - he's ranked #1).

And as for everyone's compliments - thank you very much. They're always appreciated!

One complaint, though... where's Joe Sakic on that list?!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as fun to read as any of Maiocco's stuff. thanks y2.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, an incredible effort here. Looking forward to seeing this updated each week.

I assume the rankings will become more solid as we see more of these guys. Of the players mentioned this time around I think the criticism of Jenkins is much too strong. Yes, he fumbled the ball. Not good. But everyone fumbles every now and then. And yes, he did nothing special, but neither did almost any other WRs. And just like last preseason I saw him open a few times but the ball didn't come his way. He even got behind his CB on a long route but Colt didn't spot the S coming over so it went as an interception. Expectations for him are rightly high and anything less than living up to his first round pick status will be disappointing. But "unemployed" would be truly shocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: