Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnny Jolly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iskra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw flashes of the old Jolly in that game, and that made me smile. Hard not to pull for him, not only because of his story, but because of his remaining potential.

This is augmented by the fact that three years away from the game means he has more remaining tread on the tires than the normal player his age.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly should make the team. He is far more instinctive than the majority of our Dlinemen .. even with being away from the game for three years.

The only thing causing any question about it right now is stamina. The guy still needs to work on his conditioning. That will come though .. he may be a limited snap count early, but he'd already showing that he can make an impact.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Jolly should make the team. He is far more instinctive than the majority of our Dlinemen .. even with being away from the game for three years.

The only thing causing any question about it right now is stamina. The guy still needs to work on his conditioning. That will come though .. he may be a limited snap count early, but he'd already showing that he can make an impact.

I remember back before he was suspended Jolly swatting balls down at the line of scrimmage like crazy. 2009 he had 10! He still has the instincts that is for sure. I really hope he makes the team.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

I remember back before he was suspended Jolly swatting balls down at the line of scrimmage like crazy. 2009 he had 10! He still has the instincts that is for sure. I really hope he makes the team.

with the way he's been playing through 2 preseason games, its hard to imagine he wont make the team. guys been a monster! now hopefully he'll start getting time against opposing teams first strings.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly should be a lock to make the team. Jolly was flat out dominant last preseason game. showed all the reasons you keep him.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article about the Packers' performance against the Rams, and some nice stuff about just how good Jolly was in that game:

Quote:
Jolly Start to Preseason for Johnny

Returning to the NFL after he has turned 30, Johnny Jolly is wasting absolutely no time staking his claim for a spot on the Packersí final 53 man roster. In his two preseason games so far, Jolly has a +4.6 overall grade and he built on his solid start against the Cardinals last week with an even more impactful display on only 14 snaps against the Rams last night. Jolly crammed in three tackles, one of which was a stop, a hurry, a batted pass which led to an interception for Jarrett Bush and an interception of his own off of a deflection by Loyce Means. Thatís a lot of work to be fitting into only 14 snaps, 10 fewer than last week, and Packer fans should be eager to see if and how the defensive coaching staff can slot Jolly back into the defensive line rotation this season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/18/refo-gb-stl-preseason-wk-2/

I trust every decision TT makes, but if he were to cut Jolly it would be a huge mistake.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we cut him I'd say the odds are decent he comes back to bite us somewhere else.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if Jolly isn't on the 53 when time comes.
I can imagine teams like the 9ers and hawks already calling dibs
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
If we cut him I'd say the odds are decent he comes back to bite us somewhere else.

Minnesota would sign him, can;t let that happen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

No way I want him to look like a bad Barney the dinosaur impersonator. If I had my say he'd end up with either the palmy's (preferrably) or the Eagles.
dijatool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Most of the time, the Vikings would be a good bet but they're in need of NT types right now.

HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Most of the time, the Vikings would be a good bet but they're in need of NT types right now.
325-340 lb DT with hands? Fit's the bill from my perspective.
dijatool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
dijatool wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

325-340 lb DT with hands? Fit's the bill from my perspective.
Could be.

I'm going to hate the DL cut(s).

DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought he would be anywhere near as effective as he was against the Rams. I kinda thought this was a shot on a guy that is trying to get his life on track, just doing the right thing. But after that game, I'm not sure how he doesn't make the team.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: