Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Preseason Week 1: BAL Ravens @ TB Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most important competition this preseason?
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ILB
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
CB
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
WR
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TE
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
DL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well base our entire offense around Justin Tucker this year. He's just gonna Tuck us all the way back to the Lombardi trophy Cool

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a satisfying return to football. Cool

Now, if I wake up to see Billy Spikes name on our forum tomorrow morning bringing bad news about our young guys, I'm going to lose it.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My full reaction on today's victory:

SteelKing728 wrote:

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who got dinged up? Since the game wasn't on (didn't feel like hoping a stream would work) so I went out tonight. From what I can tell it was only Pierce and Thompson and neither sound like anything to be worried about. Anybody in particular impress? I'm skeptical of how much preseason performances actually matter but for bubble guys it is significant.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
So who got dinged up? Since the game wasn't on (didn't feel like hoping a stream would work) so I went out tonight. From what I can tell it was only Pierce and Thompson and neither sound like anything to be worried about. Anybody in particular impress? I'm skeptical of how much preseason performances actually matter but for bubble guys it is significant.

LaQuan Williams REALLY impressed tonight, along with Tyrod Taylor, Justin Tucker, Asa Jackson, Daryl Smith, Chris Canty, Haloti Ngata, Aaron Mellette, JuiceCheck...yeah...those were the guys who really made their presence noted.

Guys who struggled included Terrance Cody, Pernell McPhee, Deonte Thompson, Jacoby Jones, Chykie Brown and Corey Graham.

SteelKing728 wrote:

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

LaQuan Williams REALLY impressed tonight, along with Tyrod Taylor, Justin Tucker, Asa Jackson, Daryl Smith, Chris Canty, Haloti Ngata, Aaron Mellette, JuiceCheck...yeah...those were the guys who really made their presence noted.

Guys who struggled included Terrance Cody, Pernell McPhee, Deonte Thompson, Jacoby Jones, Chykie Brown and Corey Graham.

I dozed off for the second half, Cody looked bad there. He looked to be having a solid 2nd quarter from what I watched. Seemed to collapse the pocket well and was ahead of Brandon Williams as the #2 NT IMO... ahead of him in terms of production, not depth chart as they both seemed to share snaps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I dozed off for the second half, Cody looked bad there. He looked to be having a solid 2nd quarter from what I watched. Seemed to collapse the pocket well and was ahead of Brandon Williams as the #2 NT IMO... ahead of him in terms of production, not depth chart as they both seemed to share snaps.

Yeah he started pretty decent, but as time progressed he started to get pancaked and defeated by single blockers, which shouldn't happen for a guy going against 2nd and 3rd teamers when he's competing for a starting job.

SteelKing728 wrote:

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

Now, if I wake up to see Billy Spikes name on our forum tomorrow morning bringing bad news about our young guys, I'm going to lose it.

No promises.
Tom Brady Tribute
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

No promises.

Laughing
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson
‏@RavensInsider
Bernard Pierce injury not regarded as serious, should be fine, per a source. Will get checked out further today

Quote:
Aaron Wilson
@RavensInsider
Of the two injuries, Deonte Thompson's left foot, ankle regarded as more serious of the two. Unclear how long he'll be sidelined

I think with Thompson out and his own good play last night, LaQuan Williams is going to get some looks with the 1st team this coming week. I'd rather see a depth chart of Torrey - Doss - LaQuan and see how that goes rather than another week with Jacoby wasting everyone's time. We should get LaQuan some reps with the 1st team and see what we've got. He's always struggled with separation and it may be that putting him in against the better corners will show us whether that's an issue that he can't get past or not.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked what Marlon Brown showed, in his time on the field. A couple of nice catches and fighting for extra yardage. He looked strong, physical and got himself open. Had another easy catch that he dropped, though. And physically, he looks so much bigger and stronger than Tommy Streeter.

LaQuan Williams is definitely playing himself into a roster spot... again. But he might not want to impress too much on Special Teams, or they might not want to put him on offense.

I thought Shiancoe looked pretty good as well, and definitely a guy who can be useful this season. Matt Furstenburg only had one catch, but it was an eye-catching one, which will benefit him.

Oh, and wow, does Bryan Hall hit hard from that ILB spot. I could watch (and listen to) the replay of him laying out the Bucs RB over and over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I liked what Marlon Brown showed, in his time on the field. A couple of nice catches and fighting for extra yardage. He looked strong, physical and got himself open. Had another easy catch that he dropped, though. And physically, he looks so much bigger and stronger than Tommy Streeter.

LaQuan Williams is definitely playing himself into a roster spot... again. But he might not want to impress too much on Special Teams, or they might not want to put him on offense.

I thought Shiancoe looked pretty good as well, and definitely a guy who can be useful this season. Matt Furstenburg only had one catch, but it was an eye-catching one, which will benefit him.

Oh, and wow, does Bryan Hall hit hard from that ILB spot. I could watch (and listen to) the replay of him laying out the Bucs RB over and over.

That might be their plan anyways. If Jones has a bigger role in the offense then he's probably not going to be used quite as much as a returner. Williams is one of a few guys that might be able to handle kick and/or punt returns.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Wilson
‏@RavensInsider
Bernard Pierce injury not regarded as serious, should be fine, per a source. Will get checked out further today

Quote:
Aaron Wilson
@RavensInsider
Of the two injuries, Deonte Thompson's left foot, ankle regarded as more serious of the two. Unclear how long he'll be sidelined

I think with Thompson out and his own good play last night, LaQuan Williams is going to get some looks with the 1st team this coming week. I'd rather see a depth chart of Torrey - Doss - LaQuan and see how that goes rather than another week with Jacoby wasting everyone's time. We should get LaQuan some reps with the 1st team and see what we've got. He's always struggled with separation and it may be that putting him in against the better corners will show us whether that's an issue that he can't get past or not.

lol wat?

SteelKing728 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: