Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Preseason Week 1: BAL Ravens @ TB Buccaneers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most important competition this preseason?
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ILB
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
CB
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
WR
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TE
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
DL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: GDT- Preseason Week 1: BAL Ravens @ TB Buccaneers Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Where: Raymond James Stadium
When: August 08, 2013- 7:30 PM EST
TV: WBAL and CSN Baltimore
Weather: 86 GT (High of 95)- There should be showers throughout the day as well as thunderstorms.

Feature: The first football action since a power outage kept us from dominating the Super Bowl. Don't expect too many offensive wrinkles to be revealed, nor any complex blitzes or coverages. But we'll get a chance to see talent on talent, vanilla on vanilla (what?). Just three seasons ago Josh Freeman was supposed to be an MVP candidate and Joe Flacco was a guy who the defense was carrying to the playoffs year in and year out. As both players are trying to build a bit of a groove with their respective offenses, we might actually get a full quarter out of them in this game... perhaps a little more even. But make no mistake, tonight will be all about the rookies and young guys. Elam, Brown, Williams, Simon, and Juszczyk should all see plenty of playing time out there.

Key Competitions:
Center
Gino Gradkowski and AQ Shipley are apparently locked in a great battle, gladiator shields and swords and all. Both should see a half of play.

ILB
Such a stacked competition. I wouldn't read too much into what pair of ILBs start. I'd expect it to be Bynes and McClellan as they're the longest tenured guys and will likely be given the first crack at starting. But it will be interesting to see how much Daryl Smith has left in the tank and just how far along Arthur Brown is and whether his athleticism/instincts compensate for his lack of experience at this point.

Corner
Webb likely won't see much time. But this should be a great battle between the next in lines. We should see plenty of Corey Graham, Jimmy Smith, and Chykie Brown. This is now or never time for Jimmy to prove that not only is he not a draft bust, but that he can be a lockdown corner in this league.

WR
A little bit like the corner competition, except without the high profile 1st rounder from a few years back that needs a strong preseason. But like Webb, Smith shouldn't play much. We'll likely see plenty of Doss and Thompson through the 1st half, potentially into the 3rd quarter even as they seem to have a stanglehold on the 3rd and 4th WR spots at this point. David Reed and LaQuan Williams will likely round out the position play with maybe Streeter and the Godfather getting a few series of play in the end of the 4th with Caleb Hanie quarterbacking.

Safety
Definitely a competition that gets a little lost amongst the bevvy of competitions as there are just three guys vying for two spots... and while it's a "competition" it seems much more like Ihedigbo is simply being given a courtesy of competing vs. really having a shot to beat out Elam or Huff. I'd suspect Elam to play much of the game, but Ihedigbo and Huff to start.

TE
Well there aren't too many bodies left to "compete", but the position will be featured nonetheless. Shianco will likely see plenty of reps throughout the first half to get properly acclimated within the offense. I'm sure Bajema will see plenty of opportunities throughout the game as the #2 TE in the first half and the #1 TE in the 2nd half... and I'd suspect Furstenburg to replace Bajema as #2 TE throughout the second half to give him a look.

DL
I suppose I'd be remiss if I didn't place the DL as a competition... seems I've just listed every position on the team as competing, but with 9 departed starters... it'll do that for your squad. It'll be interesting to see how much Terrence Cody plays vs. Brandon Williams. Ngata shouldn't see more than a series or two, so the competition at NT should be heavily featured.

With so many veterans stacked at DE, it will also be interesting to see how the playing time is broken down to give each guy a proper shot at the position. Obviously the DE spot will likely see a heavy rotation all season, the DL in general, but how the starters are determined will be interesting to see no less.

So what do you guys expect to see tonight? And which competition do you think you will be following the most?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally here!

Mike Glennon is getting abused by our second team defense.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar brown is involved in at least one turnover. Book it.

That being said, I will probably be watching the wr competition most intently. I feel that that's the one that is the most "wide open."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

That being said, I will probably be watching the wr competition most intently. I feel that that's the one that is the most "wide open."

I see what you did there...

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Finally here!

It's when you know it's football season... when the Ravens GDT isn't made until... well, game day. Laughing
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Streak for the Cash is riding on the Ravens winning. I have faith in Baltimore's depth to keep my streak going.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
My Streak for the Cash is riding on the Ravens winning. I have faith in Baltimore's depth to keep my streak going.

What are you at? I think the most I ever got to was W13.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Finally here!

He's going to get it in the neck!

Anyway, I think the most important competition has to be at WR.

I'm hearing really encouraging things about Doss and Thompson, and want to see them both make plays. And then there are the other guys, who might be able to stand out with the opportunities they get.

Center - both guys appear to be very capable, and the fact that there's little to separate them is a pretty good sign.

ILB - With Daryl Smith being so impressive in TC, and all the potential Arthur Brown has, I'm interested to see where Bynes and the other guys fit in. I'd like to see Bryan Hall get plenty of time on the field.

Safety - I don't think it's really a competition, to be honest. They're talking up Ihedigbo, but I'll be very surprised if Elam isn't the starter, come week 1. Huff seems entrenched already. But again, it's the depth spots where most of the intrigue is.

DL - Ngata, Canty, Spears, Williams, Jones, Cody, Tyson, Pericak. I don't think it matters too much who starts, because they're going to be rotating heavily throughout the season.

Corner - I want to see Webb back in action, and hopefully see he's well on his way to being himself again. And I really want to see Jimmy Smith nail down a starting spot. But between those two, Graham and Brown, I'm quite confident that whoever starts can do a job.

TE - No Dickson for this game, so I guess we'll see a lot of Shiancoe, we'll see if Bajema can catch, and we'll see how Furstenburg does in his first professional game. I'll add Juszczyk to this list too, and say we'll see a lot of him lining up at TE and in the slot.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamit gonna have to find a stream or else watch the damn Redskins instead tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM SO EXCITED LETS GOOOO!!!!!

I really can't wait to see Matt Elam play tonight and watch our defense completely crap all over the Bucs offense. It's going to be wonderful!

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
ravens5520

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Goddamit gonna have to find a stream or else watch the damn Redskins instead tonight.

I'm from NY so I doubt be able to watch this either.. Kind of sucks.. Wish NFL ticket showed preseason games too
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been quiet all offseason time to turn up. We gon dominate this season
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I see what you did there...

Cool

On the wide receiver front, one thing I'm interested in during the preseason is what they do with jacoby. Do they give him more snaps at wr than they may normally give a "starter?" We know he's the returner this season, so maybe give him a few attempts to bang off any rust, but other than that I think they give the bulk of the return opportunities to young guys fighting for spots. We need to see more of what jones can do in the passing game with more snaps.

Last edited by sp6488 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark ops

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the WR battle. I think our D will be insane this year.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark ops wrote:
Looking forward to the WR battle. I think our D will be insane this year.

I'm thinking well be like the early 2000's chiefs offensively and special teams. Awesome running game, lack of elite wr talent (Torrey is awesome, talking top to bottom) but a deadly passing game through use of the te and running backs to supplement the receivers along with great qb play. Add in deadly return ability.

The big difference, our defense will be worlds better.

Needless to say, I'm optimistic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does DirecTV not carry the NFL Sunday ticket package for preseason games? I'm scrolling through and can't find any NFL channels, which means unless I can find a stream of this game (if you have one, PM me???) I can't watch Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: