Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 1: Baltimore at Tampa Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayheykid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon looks like he'll be a perfect backup for Freeman.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
Glennon looks like he'll be a perfect backup for Freeman.

Agreed, the only time I was impressed was the very first play where he showed good poise and footwork. Other then that I've seen some pretty bad misses.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Hillis is done, that looked bad.
sayheykid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Dimke gets to put together a highlight reel.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I thought this game was Friday. Oh well.

Off to NFL.com for the highlights.

Props to Eggy
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half impressions
-Freeman looked good to me, minus the miss to Williams. Don't know what that throw was, definitely miss communication. That pass to V-Jax was a beaut. The sack was meh, the two Guards we got in right now dont hold a candle to Nicks and Joesph.

-Leonard impressed me a TON tonight. He is the number 2 back, hands down. Hillis looked slow and people continuing to go REAL low on him can't believe he didnt try and hurdle one of them.

-Speaking of runs, boy I miss Lorig. Lorig is so underrated it's criminal. I think watching Larsen whiff on a couple blocks.

-David is a stud. That is all.....

-Impressed with Gorrer and Banks. Looks good with Revis back. Can't wait to see them all together.

Nothing to say about the second half besides cut Adam Webber immediately. PLEASE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't watch the game, but the score is a bit telling. What's the general impression of the team?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I couldn't watch the game, but the score is a bit telling. What's the general impression of the team?
didnt play terrible. Special teams really hurt us and our 3rd string QB is absolutely terrible.

garbage
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
didnt play terrible. Special teams really hurt us and our 3rd string QB is absolutely terrible.

Time for a return of the Josh Johnson.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
BBando wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Time for a return of the Josh Johnson.

He did great in the Cin/Atl game.

Anyone but Webber, that one int just killed me. Just threw it right at the linebacker.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Hillis should be ok.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Despite injuring his knee Thurs, Bucs RB Peyton Hillis not expected to miss much time, maybe "a couple of days", per source.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I came away with from last night:

- Glennon looked very poised for his first start. Still learning the playbook and gaining chemistry with Wrs, but confidence is there. Did not look rattled.

- Very dissapointed in the WR play after Jackson/Williams/Ogeltree. Underwood and Owusu looked terrible. Sloppy routes drops, etc.

- Crabtree will be a solid starter, however I don't know how much of a weapon he will be. One of the more safety valves that can make the catch.

- Freeman looked like Freeman. Loved a few throws from him. The one where he looked right with a pump fake than throws a laser on the other side of the field for 22 yards to Ogeltree? I didn't see him look off a defender since week 1 in Carolina last year. Needs to do that more often because that was a beatiful play. What he needs to do better is under pressure throw it earlier and anticipate more. In the redzone on 3rd and 11, he hit Ogeltree for 6 yards. If he anticipates it and gets rid of it earlier, he hits him in stride allowing him to run after the catch, ball was a tad late. Those are things I've seen in the past Freeman struggle with. Needs to anticipate better.

- Lavonte David is a stud.

- Liked the way Means played. Aggressive with speed. He might be a 3rd down pass rusher come beginnning of the year.

- Banks and Gorrer looked good. I liked what I saw out of Gorrer at times last year. Remember he was picked up off the street in mid season. Full TC under his belt, he's been very improved in camp and it carried over.

-OUr DBs looked very good in coverage.

Besides Rb, OL, and DB, I'm not sure of our depth. I know it's early, but we have a bunch of unproven guys on the dline. I would really like to see us bring in a Veteran DT. Richard Seymour is out there. I can't stress it enough because we're screwed if McCoy goes down. If someone like Landri/Spence/Gibson goes down, we're even thinner.

I don't like thinking "plug in Bowers at 3tech" idea either. There is a reason he is on the LDE spot.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I thought Bowers was in the best shape? He looked really slow/sluggish with his get off. Wonder what is up with that?
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a couple of vets on defense really played poorly - Grimm, Tandy, and Heyward (bad angles and technique). I do believe Casillas isn't ready to relinquish the SLB spot to Watson just yet. Banks looks like the real deal and I think will only get better with experience. Lavonte David will get much deserved national attention this year.

I thought the rookies on the d-line did alright for their first game. The coaching staff is definitely sending a message to Bowers.

Liked what I saw from Dimke. Leonard and Ogeltree stepped up.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
What I came away with from last night:

- Glennon looked very poised for his first start. Still learning the playbook and gaining chemistry with Wrs, but confidence is there. Did not look rattled.

-I thought that Glennon also looked well for the most part. There were still some reads that he missed which is expected from a Rookie that is still trying to process an entire playbook, but for the most part looked comfortable with the 2's going against the 2's of Baltimore.

- Very dissapointed in the WR play after Jackson/Williams/Ogeltree. Underwood and Owusu looked terrible. Sloppy routes drops, etc.

-Mainly disappointed with Owusu, as he looks like he might suffer from the dreaded Michael Clayton, "Practice Pro Bowlers". I don't know if it was nerves/weather that lead to some of the mistakes that he made, but the one play that really stuck with me was the muffed punt, because he might have been better served letting that ball go considering it had started to rain and the ball wouldn't have gone back further due to the slowing of the grass.

- Crabtree will be a solid starter, however I don't know how much of a weapon he will be. One of the more safety valves that can make the catch.

-I equate Crabtree to a stepup in the pass catching game from Erik Lorig. Not to say Lorig is not a good enough pass catcher from the fullback position, but more along the lines that I don't expect Crabtree to break any record receptions for TE. I do love his blocking ability (which wasn't shown that often last night), which will be crucial as we move closer to the season

- Freeman looked like Freeman. Loved a few throws from him. The one where he looked right with a pump fake than throws a laser on the other side of the field for 22 yards to Ogeltree? I didn't see him look off a defender since week 1 in Carolina last year. Needs to do that more often because that was a beatiful play. What he needs to do better is under pressure throw it earlier and anticipate more. In the redzone on 3rd and 11, he hit Ogeltree for 6 yards. If he anticipates it and gets rid of it earlier, he hits him in stride allowing him to run after the catch, ball was a tad late. Those are things I've seen in the past Freeman struggle with. Needs to anticipate better.

-I agree completely with the Ogleetree pass a second earlier and that most likely was a first down at the minimum. I also was not a fan of the misthrow (miscommunication??) that he had with Mike Williams earlier on that drive, especially considering that he had (Crabtree???) cutting across the middle of the field. He had some great plays as well, I thought the VJax throw was something that you see from Freeman and it just wow's you. Granted the ref declared he juggled the ball on the first touch he put the ball only where VJax could catch that ball I felt that way on alot of his throws.

- Lavonte David is a stud.

-Not going to lie I was a little uneasy on the pick last year and for that I deserve an idiot moment.(*,) Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Does this guy fly around the feild or what! Jeeze what a monster! I hope he can continue on a great rookie year and continue to produce.

- Liked the way Means played. Aggressive with speed. He might be a 3rd down pass rusher come beginnning of the year.

-Like Means' motor. For a guy who seemed like he was a little sluggish in Minicamp, he looks like he could have that game speed which is always more important

- Banks and Gorrer looked good. I liked what I saw out of Gorrer at times last year. Remember he was picked up off the street in mid season. Full TC under his belt, he's been very improved in camp and it carried over.

-Gorrer made some great plays out of the nickel position last night. I would like to see him against a better number 3 then what Baltimore was bringing last night. (Outside of Smith and Ray Rice there aren't any real threats receiving wise, in my opinion)

-Banks made some very solid plays and did not get exposed crazy as a rookie (I think it was more our linebackers but I will get to that later)

-OUr DBs looked very good in coverage.

-Overall impressed but again this is a team that I think does not have the receivers to really give our DB's a good challenge in coverage

Besides Rb, OL, and DB, I'm not sure of our depth. I know it's early, but we have a bunch of unproven guys on the dline. I would really like to see us bring in a Veteran DT. Richard Seymour is out there. I can't stress it enough because we're screwed if McCoy goes down. If someone like Landri/Spence/Gibson goes down, we're even thinner.

-Man we don't have any depth on the line and our linebackers make me shutter, we did not do a great job in coverage as we let Ray Rice go crazy on the check down routes. When the 2's came in Benard Taylor did more of the same. And we were getting torched by the option (not read option), but the college option. I think that it is a good test since we will be playing the Niners this season as well as the Bills (who I think will use EJ Manuel in some form of read option), so it was good to see us struggle so that we know what to focus on going into the season

Honestly another stinker goes to our D-Line we need our ends to get more pressure ..DeQuan I hope you get back some of that giddy up young man. There was a reason why there was talk of you going number one overall. Hopefully Brian Cox can get him some more aggression on that D-Line so he can take that step from Rotational D-End to Starter[/i]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: