Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ravens Forum ESPN Fantasy Football
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: FF Ravens Forum ESPN Fantasy Football Reply with quote

Team and Forum Member Key:

Coordinator's Zeroes - coordinator0
Flacco Effing Mania - Flaccomania
DB424 Jaguars - diamondbull424
Washington Gridlock - BaltimoreTerp
Team BareYourTeeth - BareYourTeeth
Manchester Mudskippers - Mancunian Raven
Bmore Bone Collectors - RavensTillIDie
RAFI BOMBS - aussie_raven77
Team Barksdale - DreamKid
Bros Before Shiancoes - Integrity
Eastern Shore Crab Cakes - mddeckie
Team Elmore - ravens5520

Important Dates:

Draft date: Sunday, August 25th, at 7 pm EST

Trade deadline: Wednesday, November 20th, at 12 pm EST

Playoffs start week 14

Free Agent Auction Waivers Explanation:

Quote:
FREE AGENT ACQUISITION BUDGET
Bring the auction experience to the waiver wire! An option for both ESPN Custom and League Manager (LM) leagues in is Free Agent Acquisition Budget, or "FAAB". This waiver system is a blind auction open to every team within the league. League creators can select this option via a radio button in the "Transaction and Keepers" tab of the league setup process.

In an auction bidding environment, players who move to waivers after the league draft, players who are dropped, or players added to the player pool during the season become waiver-eligible for the timeframe set by the league creator. However, instead of placing a traditional waiver claim, an owner places a bid they feel is appropriate based on a player's value. The league creator assigns the pre-determined budget of each team for waiver bidding over the course of the season. During the auction waiver period, team owners may bid at any time before it expires. In an auction bidding environment, no player on the waiver wire is a Free Agent (FA). The bidding is an open process and there is no sequence for the bids. Team owners may bid at any time during the waiver period, before it expires.

In the event of bids of equal amounts for a player by two teams (a tie), waiver order priority determines the winner of the player. During the waiver period, no team can see any other team's bids or bid amounts. All teams can view FAAB results after the waiver release time, either on the league home page or the "Free Agent Auction Report". Additionally, all teams can view other team budget balances on each team clubhouse and waiver order pages.

Our free agent budget will be the standard $100 for the season. This is separate from the $200 we will get for the auction draft. Waivers will process every day at 11 am EST except for Tuesday.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 9 times in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In, prefer no PPR, and if I had to choose a draft type, I'd say auction just because I do snake everywhere else and the 1 year we did auction here, it was fun (plus, I won).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as everything is free, including setting up an ESPN account, I'm in.

I prefer no PPR as well. The draft type doesn't matter though.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
DreamKid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, I don't really have a preference regarding style, but Auction is a little more fun imo. Last year really did suck because it was my only league, so I'm just ready to play again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
As long as everything is free, including setting up an ESPN account, I'm in.

I prefer no PPR as well. The draft type doesn't matter though.

Yep everything is free.

So far we have 2 votes for no PPR and 2 votes for an auction draft (2 no preferences as well). I'll abstain from voting unless there's a tie.

Oh, and we need to decide on a draft date and time too. Generally an evening on the weekend works best for most people but it still needs to be specified. I want to wait as long as possible to draft so we know who's hurt, cut, etc.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play, and I have no preference on format.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. I'm not fussed what sort of draft it is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. I'd prefer non PPR. As for draft style, since all my other leagues will be snake, I'd prefer auction here.

Side-note: Also trying to figure out if raven5255 is still alive or not....hmm..... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I'm in... I haven't done fantasy football in... like 3 years. Though, I hadn't done fantasy basketball in about four years prior to last season and rising to forum champion, so... I think my odds are good here. Cool Laughing

espn associated email= diamondbull424@gmail.com

^^^ That might be a little difficult to remember though. Wink

EDIT: Auction draft is cool. Worked pretty well with the basketball league we had I'd say. And there is an added layer of strategy involved.

In terms of anything else, not sure. Like I said, haven't done too much fantasy football.

The only thing I don't like about fantasy football is that you can't build your own defense... always thought that was dumb.
mddeckie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be interested if there's still room. First time in 4 yrs I won't be overseas without Internet during football season so I can keep up with FF.

I have no preference in the settings
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
Id be interested if there's still room. First time in 4 yrs I won't be overseas without Internet during football season so I can keep up with FF.

I have no preference in the settings

Yeah there's still room. Here's who I got so far:

1. coordinator0
2. Flaccomania
3. BareYourTeeth
4. DreamKid
5. BaltimoreTerp
6. Mancunian Raven
7. RavensTillIDie
8. diamondbull424
9. mddeckie

At the maximum there are three more spots left.
aussie_raven77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll jump in, I've typically played snake drafts for years and gotten pretty good at it but if everyone is in for auction I'd give it a go
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need email addresses from most who want to play. If you want to send them to me in a PM that's fine. I send out the invites as soon as I know where to send them to (missed diamondbull424's in quotes at first lol).

It looks like we're heading towards a non-PPR league and an auction draft. Personally I prefer non-PPR as it makes it more difficult and auction drafts definitely make you feel more involved. With 12 teams (we're at 10 now but I don't think there will be any problem getting 2 more) you can expect an auction draft to last about 2 hours if I remember correctly. I'd make sure you set aside about 3 though if you're going to be able to make it to the draft.

Which brings up my next point, would sometime around 7 pm EST on August 31st (Saturday) or September 1st (Sunday) work for most people? That's the last weekend before the first game of the regular season starts. If a weekday is more favorable that's fine I'm just not expecting that to be the case.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I still need email addresses from most who want to play. If you want to send them to me in a PM that's fine. I send out the invites as soon as I know where to send them to (missed diamondbull424's in quotes at first lol).

It looks like we're heading towards a non-PPR league and an auction draft. Personally I prefer non-PPR as it makes it more difficult and auction drafts definitely make you feel more involved. With 12 teams (we're at 10 now but I don't think there will be any problem getting 2 more) you can expect an auction draft to last about 2 hours if I remember correctly. I'd make sure you set aside about 3 though if you're going to be able to make it to the draft.

Which brings up my next point, would sometime around 7 pm EST on August 31st (Saturday) or September 1st (Sunday) work for most people? That's the last weekend before the first game of the regular season starts. If a weekday is more favorable that's fine I'm just not expecting that to be the case.

I'd prefer Sunday. I have a wedding all day Saturday to attend. Plus, I'd think that most people should be home Sunday evening over Saturday evening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's come to my attention that August 31st and September 1st is Labor Day weekend. August 24th or 25th would probably be better options.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: