You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ravens Forum ESPN Fantasy Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
It's come to my attention that August 31st and September 1st is Labor Day weekend. August 24th or 25th would probably be better options.

25th for the same reasons I mentioned Very Happy I have a million weddings.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
It's come to my attention that August 31st and September 1st is Labor Day weekend. August 24th or 25th would probably be better options.

25th for the same reasons I mentioned Very Happy I have a million weddings.

And I'm assuming the people being married know each other... I wonder which would be better, being just married and going to a wedding or going to a wedding knowing that yours is just one week away.

I mean, it just sort of reminds me of when you're at a restaurant and one order comes out before the other... if you eat your food first, you get to indulge your hunger, but once you're done, your friend eating his food likely means you're forced to sit there knowing that your food is gone and you're teased by the fact that your friend gets to enjoy his/her delicious meal and you've got nothing left... driving you to want more. But your friend also had to wait, though any teasing you've done to wet his appetite can justly be flamed with his meal consumption.

It's why I always wait to eat my food until everyone gets theirs, but in the case of two weddings, that possibility doesn't really exist. What an interesting dynamic IMO.

... but anyways, don't mind me, I'm always off topic. Silenced
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I still need email addresses from most who want to play. If you want to send them to me in a PM that's fine. I send out the invites as soon as I know where to send them to (missed diamondbull424's in quotes at first lol).

It looks like we're heading towards a non-PPR league and an auction draft. Personally I prefer non-PPR as it makes it more difficult and auction drafts definitely make you feel more involved. With 12 teams (we're at 10 now but I don't think there will be any problem getting 2 more) you can expect an auction draft to last about 2 hours if I remember correctly. I'd make sure you set aside about 3 though if you're going to be able to make it to the draft.

Which brings up my next point, would sometime around 7 pm EST on August 31st (Saturday) or September 1st (Sunday) work for most people? That's the last weekend before the first game of the regular season starts. If a weekday is more favorable that's fine I'm just not expecting that to be the case.

I'd prefer a weekend, as my time zone is a bit different than the rest of you. But if not, it's no problem. I might have to autodraft (which will probably result in a better team than if I actually involve my own thought processes).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Sunday, August 25th, at 7 pm EST sound for everybody? I'm going to go ahead and declare that this will be a non-PPR league with an auction draft.

If anybody does have to go on autobid I'd suggest setting the values for players you really want and really don't want. To do so you click on the My Team tab and there will be a Edit Auction Draft List link to the right of your team logo. Keep in mind that the computer will bid up to the maximum value for just about every player so set them accordingly. Like and Steelers or Patriots players should be set to $0. Laughing

For those that aren't familiar with the free agent auction style of waivers, here's the description:

Quote:
FREE AGENT ACQUISITION BUDGET
Bring the auction experience to the waiver wire! An option for both ESPN Custom and League Manager (LM) leagues in is Free Agent Acquisition Budget, or "FAAB". This waiver system is a blind auction open to every team within the league. League creators can select this option via a radio button in the "Transaction and Keepers" tab of the league setup process.

In an auction bidding environment, players who move to waivers after the league draft, players who are dropped, or players added to the player pool during the season become waiver-eligible for the timeframe set by the league creator. However, instead of placing a traditional waiver claim, an owner places a bid they feel is appropriate based on a player's value. The league creator assigns the pre-determined budget of each team for waiver bidding over the course of the season. During the auction waiver period, team owners may bid at any time before it expires. In an auction bidding environment, no player on the waiver wire is a Free Agent (FA). The bidding is an open process and there is no sequence for the bids. Team owners may bid at any time during the waiver period, before it expires.

In the event of bids of equal amounts for a player by two teams (a tie), waiver order priority determines the winner of the player. During the waiver period, no team can see any other team's bids or bid amounts. All teams can view FAAB results after the waiver release time, either on the league home page or the "Free Agent Auction Report". Additionally, all teams can view other team budget balances on each team clubhouse and waiver order pages.

Our free agent budget will be the standard $100 for the season. This is separate from the $200 we will get for the auction draft. Waivers will process every day at 11 am EST except for Tuesday.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
How does Sunday, August 25th, at 7 pm EST sound for everybody? I'm going to go ahead and declare that this will be a non-PPR league with an auction draft.

If anybody does have to go on autobid I'd suggest setting the values for players you really want and really don't want. To do so you click on the My Team tab and there will be a Edit Auction Draft List link to the right of your team logo. Keep in mind that the computer will bid up to the maximum value for just about every player so set them accordingly. Like and Steelers or Patriots players should be set to $0. Laughing

If you could bump that up to 6:30, that'd be a little better. Though I'm not against 7pm.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with anytime Sunday evening.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
How does Sunday, August 25th, at 7 pm EST sound for everybody?

Sounds good to me.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
ravens5520

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play unless this is full?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
I'll play unless this is full?

You make 11, that leaves 1 spot left.

1. coordinator0
2. Flaccomania
3. BareYourTeeth
4. DreamKid
5. BaltimoreTerp
6. Mancunian Raven
7. RavensTillIDie
8. diamondbull424
9. mddeckie
10. aussie_raven77
11. ravens5520

Anything more than 12 really dilutes the talent pool. I ran one with 14 last year and while it was interesting you couldn't really make any moves since there wasn't anybody out there except kickers and D/STs you cycle through if you don't have a good one.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'm #8... like a young Kobe... I'm ready to dominate and drop 81 on yall fools! Cool

Not sure how 81 applies here but whatever, don't mind me...
Integrity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take that 12th spot if its still open.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
How does Sunday, August 25th, at 7 pm EST sound for everybody?

That'll work for me, means it'll be a Sunday morning for me. This should be good, its different for me

Edit: Will be a Monday morning but I'll be fine

Last edited by aussie_raven77 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
I'll take that 12th spot if its still open.

Yes sir. The league is now full. Sorry to those who missed out, although I wouldn't be surprised if somebody here (not me lol) started another league.

1. coordinator0
2. Flaccomania
3. BareYourTeeth
4. DreamKid
5. BaltimoreTerp
6. Mancunian Raven
7. RavensTillIDie
8. diamondbull424
9. mddeckie
10. aussie_raven77
11. ravens5520
12. Integrity

BaltimoreTerp, your team name is very apt. I was in DC Saturday-Monday and gridlock is definitely one of the describing factors.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need ESPN associated email addresses from the following:

DreamKid
mddeckie
ravens5520
Integrity

The only two that haven't accepted their invites are diamondbull424 and aussie_raven77 (sent the latter just a bit ago though). Let me know if you didn't get the invite because I've had problems with that in the past.

db424 brought up moving the draft up slightly to 6:30 pm EST on August 25th. Would that be more or less favorable for everybody else? To me it's no big deal either way but we can start a bit earlier if that's better.

Seems like we're set with everything after the draft time is decided on.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I still need ESPN associated email addresses from the following:

DreamKid
mddeckie
ravens5520
Integrity

The only two that haven't accepted their invites are diamondbull424 and aussie_raven77 (sent the latter just a bit ago though). Let me know if you didn't get the invite because I've had problems with that in the past.

db424 brought up moving the draft up slightly to 6:30 pm EST on August 25th. Would that be more or less favorable for everybody else? To me it's no big deal either way but we can start a bit earlier if that's better.

Seems like we're set with everything after the draft time is decided on.

No big deal to me either.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: