You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cutdown Day Thread (53 Man Roster p. 13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
Freakout wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
According to Frazier, Marvin Mitchell is currently slated as the starting WLB.

Fraizer is stubborn and overly loyal at times.

We see it with Guion despite his assistants praising Evans and saying he deserves a chance to start.

He had Wright sit out half of last season rather than using him to spell Percy at times. I expect him to do the same with Patterson. He will be used on special teams but he isn't going to see reps ahead of Simpson.

I thought Wright had trouble picking up the offense last year. He did contribute once Harvin went down but there wasn't an obvious place to play him before then.

I don't mind the idea of easing Patterson in slowly on offense, that was the plan all along. Less pressure for him probably helps his long-term development. He'll probably play as the 4th WR ahead of Webb (though Webb might play more in short yardage or goal line situations). I hope he does so well that he starts to steal snaps from Simpson by mid-season, but who knows. Ponder seems to trust Simpson more than his other WRs at this point, so I'll bet he's happy to have him starting.

Starting Mitchell ahead of Bishop is a little crazy. Bishop is a far, far better run defender, and that's what we need from a 2-down WLB. Or maybe Mitchell plays in Detroit against Reggie Bush, and then Bishop starts against Forte and Trent Richardson the next 2 weeks?

Overall, I think Frazier's loyalty to players is a good thing for team spirit, might be helpful in the long run.

Do you really believe a guy that was praised for his route running coming out of Arkansas, the same guy that is currently being credited for being a student in the film room and said to be showing a leadership skills in only his second season, really struggled to learn the plays that we ran? I mean how can a guy struggle so bad that he cannot get on the field, as was reported, but the very next game after Percy Harvin gets hurt he can step right in and not miss a beat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why Mitchell starting is so shocking. It was kind of a given after he wasn't even suited up for the final preseason game.

He's paid his dues, but should he falter, I have no doubt that Frazier will put Bishop in.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not sure why Mitchell starting is so shocking. It was kind of a given after he wasn't even suited up for the final preseason game.

He's paid his dues, but should he falter, I have no doubt that Frazier will put Bishop in.

How is Bishop on special teams? We know Mitchell is pretty good on special teams. Will Mitchell remain on special teams despite being a part time starter?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More from Frazier: Marvin Mitchell is WLB as we speak. Mulling over playing Guion/Evans together on line with Williams out (@Andrew_Krammer)

From twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Do you really believe a guy that was praised for his route running coming out of Arkansas, the same guy that is currently being credited for being a student in the film room and said to be showing a leadership skills in only his second season, really struggled to learn the plays that we ran? I mean how can a guy struggle so bad that he cannot get on the field, as was reported, but the very next game after Percy Harvin gets hurt he can step right in and not miss a beat?

I could be remembering it wrong, I thought there were some comments about him needing to get up to speed. He didn't have a catch in the first 3 preseason games.

I agree he played great when he came in and in retrospect he should have been playing ahead of Aromashodu.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Quote:
More from Frazier: Marvin Mitchell is WLB as we speak. Mulling over playing Guion/Evans together on line with Williams out (@Andrew_Krammer)

From twitter.

Not sure why we wouldnt start Floyd, he brings so much more to the table than either Evans or Guion. Im sure Floyd will get his snaps, but imo he needs to start.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a healthy Floyd can't beat out Guion....that's not a good 1st round pick.....I hope Floyd is out way more than Letroy.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i imagine Floyd is being held out for concern for his knee.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
If a healthy Floyd can't beat out Guion....that's not a good 1st round pick.....I hope Floyd is out way more than Letroy.

Guion and Floyd play different positions. I guess we should clarify, if Guion and Evans are starting, who is playing the 3 technique spot. Id guess that it would be Evans, but it should be Floyd. We have to remember that Floyd did have a knee operation, he may not even be 100% at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, that part where I said "healthy" was kind of key.....
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson goes unclaimed through waivers. Nuff said.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Ya, that part where I said "healthy" was kind of key.....

oh. right.

missed that.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Tyler Wilson goes unclaimed through waivers. Nuff said.

That most teams are settled on QBs? That our team has no idea what they are doing with their QB.

Right now Wilson is a project. No team is going to claim him immediately because they don't have room. What team needs him that'll be able to move their QB?

Minnesota is the only one but they are too damn stubborn to move on from McLeod, when he hasn't shown anything and continues to get beat out by guys like Webb and Cassel?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson, a 4th round pick got beat out by an UDFA on the most QB needy team in the league. He wasn't viewed as a project QB coming out of the draft. He's just flat out not good and was extremely overrated by some.

He's JD Booty

swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
He's JD Booty

aaaah. The memories!

Take Joe Mixon.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: