Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Bears make any moves tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holla005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Will the Bears make any moves tomorrow Reply with quote

Just wondering what you all think the Bears will do in free agency. Will they make another big signing like Moose or will they lay back and wait. Any reasonable players out there to sign with the cap space that is left.
redwing5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is about 8 mil left for them to use including draft pool $. I hope that they will go after. A OT QB OLB or maybe RB.
My Ideal situation would be bears signing...
OT Mackinze (2-2.5 mil)
QB Johnson (2mil)
OLB Polley (1.5-2mil) or Bradford (1-2mil?) or a RB

This would set the stage well for Brown or Williams to come in and make a big impact.

Then, The Draft...
1 WILLIAMS or Brown. I want Williams because he will start right away. Plus, we released DT. Brown will be good but, not right away.
2 Fason or A. Smith. A solid runner who idolizes Payton, or a TE that colud start NOW!
4 any solid OG or S
purdueman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Bears make any moves tomorrow Reply with quote

[quote="holla005"]Just wondering what you all think the Bears will do in free agency. Will they make another big signing like Moose or will they lay back and wait. Any reasonable players out there to sign with the cap space that is left.[/quote]
There's that rumor that was posted today in an article in one of the New York papers that the Bears are trying hard to sign Jay Fiedler, but other than that nothing much new.

116 guys become free agents at midnight (and possibly more, depending upon who's willing to restructure vs. getting outright released). The Bear positions of need are of course outside linebacker, backup quarterback and oline.

I don't know much about which outside linebackers are coming available (and that need might be better served via the draft), but of the soon to be available o-lineman, both of Green Bay's starting guards and one of Tennessee's starting tackles will be up for grabs.

Anyone else heard anything new?
USNinc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Brad Johnson is high on their wish list.
Fiedler, Garcia and Warner have all been contacted.

Warner seems a lock for Detroit, Garcia to the Bucs. Fiedler may land in Chicago.
Johnson could be a dark horse if the deal can't go thru within a day or two.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they just get it out of the way and sign a OLB and a OLineman, once they have the couple week spots out of the way we can just relax and win our central for the next 5 years straight or so.
I honestly believe with what the Viqueens did and what the Packers are doing that we will walk away with this division.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say Offensive Line has to be our first priority. If we could get jsut one solid player on our OL via Free Agency I think we can def compete for a playoff spot this year

Jay Fiedler would be a great fit on our team IMO. He would be a solid backup QB who plays like we want our QB to play, dont make mistakes and let your defense win the games

I'm still hoping for Tommey Polley as well, but if we sign an O-Lineman in FA I think our 2nd round pick is prime territory to pick up an OLB
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 T Mike Wahle, OG/OT from Green Bay - I'd love to screw the Packers with this guy. Rumor has it he's a G whose a better T. I'd say he's worth a try

#2 OLB I don't care who it is, sleeper or obvious. I'd like to see someone to maintain what the rest of the defense is putting up.

#3 WR Troy Brown from New England ??? I know we just grabbed a receiver, but this guy would be cool to have for a 1-2 year deal. Plus, he could completely replace RW for free (PR/#4CB)! REally, I wouldn't mind grabbing any #2 caliber WR here.

#4 QB Maybe in about 3 weeks pick up a #2/3. I'm comfortable with Hutchinson at #2. We just have to give any QB a little time and keep away the 8-9 man fronts.

As with all deals, I'm assuming a reasonable salry/friendly structuring/etc.

Then draft:
1 - RB Brown/Benson/Caddy
2 - CB/G both are deep this year
4 - G/CB
5 -
6 -
7 -
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as an OLB goes,
why not Ian Gold, he's a solid backer,
and a weak side backer by nature, exactly what we need.

dunno, seems like 2 + 2 = 4
DABEARS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell be expensive though - not in bears price range for that position - need more help on o.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: