Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All Aboard! The Brice Butler Bandwagon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Rob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said when we picked him up he was a nice find...he and Streater have similar skillets...RMC does work in the late rounds...
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he stays healthy, then yea I could see him being our #1 at some point. He has great ball skills and deceptive speed.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Said when we picked him up he was a nice find...he and Streater have similar skillets...RMC does work in the late rounds...

Yes. . . yes he does. /nod. Very impressive.

However, I also think he is terrified of missing on early selections (hunch) and relies too much on cronies (Clinckscales) and family (his twin) rather than bring in a fresh perspective. Too much "group think" in the warroom.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

However, I also think he is terrified of missing on early selections (hunch) and relies too much on cronies (Clinckscales) and family (his twin) rather than bring in a fresh perspective. Too much "group think" in the warroom.

He's only had one 1st RD pick and one 2nd...both of which I think were good choices...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

What evidence supports that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Just a total hunch by me, BP. McKenzie basically let Wiz 1.0 make the Bergs pick and then Wiz inconspicuously left the staff. If I was a first time GM I would definitely want to have my hands all over my very first draft selection regardless of what round it was.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow Brice Butler on Twitter and he is fast becoming one of my favorite rookies this year. A guy of his size (6'3") and speed and hands to go with it and on top of that great work ethic and a very down-to-earth personality and he has all the makings of a 7th-round gem.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:

I don't know what kind of cookware they use but Streater and Butler do not have similar skill sets.

Bonez wrote:
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:
I follow Brice Butler on Twitter and he is fast becoming one of my favorite rookies this year. A guy of his size (6'3") and speed and hands to go with it and on top of that great work ethic and a very down-to-earth personality and he has all the makings of a 7th-round gem.

so what were the pre-draft knocks on him?

Bolansho Boro Begoz
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

so what were the pre-draft knocks on him?

Didnt he transfer from USC to some really small school since he had trouble learning the system or got buried on the depth chart? I remember something weird like that being the case.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Just a total hunch by me, BP. McKenzie basically let Wiz 1.0 make the Bergs pick and then Wiz inconspicuously left the staff. If I was a first time GM I would definitely want to have my hands all over my very first draft selection regardless of what round it was.

lol very true
but al let rod pick dvd and....

reg and al are not that diff imo except reg likes to trade pick for picks

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

lol very true
but al let rod pick dvd and....

reg and al are not that diff imo except reg likes to trade pick for picks

I think I did read that! Then boom Rod is gone. I've heard Rod's coaching clinics and I was impressed. It's too bad he didn't stick.

However, citing the similarities between Reg and AL isn't really a good thing. With all due respect to the deceased.

Bonez wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: