Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Wk1: Seahawks @ Chargers-Thur 7pm(PDT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Matters?
Seahawks Win
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No Injuries!!!
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Progression
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28787
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I liked about Michael, is he seems to get better as the game goes on. One of Lynch's best traits.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28787
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagles is defense is putrid, I love my former duck Blount but that had little to do with him. That was pathetic
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
What I liked about Michael, is he seems to get better as the game goes on. One of Lynch's best traits.


I thought Michael showed alot. Especially pass blocking he looked leaps and bounds ahead of what I expected.

He's also faster and quicker than I thought he was. He definitely has the tools to be a feature back. The position should be in good hands with him and Turbo the Turbinator once Lynch starts to decline in a year or 2.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3751
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing I learned yesterday is that it's going to be really tough cutting this roster down to 53 players. Really liked what I saw out of Benson Mayowa and Byron Maxwell. You know this team is stupid deep when Jeremy Lane is playing with the 4th team defense.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28787
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRESEASON REPLAY ON RIGHT NOW FOR NFL NETWORK

For those that missed it.

If you don't have NFL Network, PM me.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Thing I learned yesterday is that it's going to be really tough cutting this roster down to 53 players. Really liked what I saw out of Benson Mayowa and Byron Maxwell. You know this team is stupid deep when Jeremy Lane is playing with the 4th team defense.


Ya the final cuts are going to be incredibly difficult to make tho I think I already have an idea of what I think the 53 will look like. Really hurting for Lane and Mayowa who i think get cut. Been so impressed with Mayowa and Lane has starting upside but Maxwell looks to have taken the next step and Thurmond is just far far too good to cut even with the injuries.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lards


Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Posts: 414
Location: Adelaide, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman
Browner
Winfield
Thurmond
Maxwell
Lane

Just ridiculous.
_________________


aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...


twitter: @lards90
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'found' the game somewhere and watched it quickly.

I was really impressed by Byron Maxwell. I thought that Walter Thurmond III had a good game as well, but Maxwell was more impressive.

I also liked what I saw from Christine Michael. If Michael can put it all together, he's gonna be a special back in Seattle. Michael also really impressed me in pass protection.

I think that Derrick Coleman has a good chance of staying on the team because of his ST play. If Spencer Ware can match him on ST, he makes it over Coleman though IMO.

Michael Bennett was really active, especially inside. I don't think that Pete will let him leave Seattle again if he can stay healthy and be productive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28787
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lards wrote:
Sherman
Browner
Winfield
Thurmond
Maxwell
Lane

Just ridiculous.


I think we go with Blackmon instead because of his return ability.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Meeker


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6719
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just rewatched the game, of course focusing on the lines since that mostly all you can see from broadcast footage Laughing

After the starters left, these were the lines I saw:

Alvin Bailey - Rishaw Johnson - Lemuel Jeanpierre - John Moffitt - Michael Bowie
Alvin Bailey - Rishaw Johnson - Jared Smith - John Moffitt - Michael Bowie
Alvin Bailey - Ryan Sermour - Jared Smith - Rishaw Johnson - Michael Bowie

Alvin Bailey...



This guy was awesome, the most impressive player in this game IMO. Gave up no room in pass pro and blew his guy off the line pretty consistently in run blocking. Only saw one hiccup, a S hopped to the side of his block and tackled Michael the play before the final TD. Our future RT?

Michael Bowie had a good game himself. Had a couple hiccups early but settled down and played well.

Lemuel Jeanpierre solidified his roster spot. Same as Moffitt.

Rishaw Johnson had a number of hiccups, but of the other lineman I saw the most potential in him as he blew up his man on a number of running plays. Maybe another year on the PS, could earn himself a roster spot if he gets more consistent though in the final 3 weeks...

Jared Smith had a couple hiccups, but was solid otherwise. Good game for a rookie DT convert playing C. PS candidate.

Ryan Seymour didn't show anything, solid at best.

A little bit on the RB's...

Coleman looked great in pass pro...had 3 great receptions...looked decent in run blocking, not going to blow his man up, but is adequate. Also had 2 great ST tackles. Basically, he is MRob-lite. Only player who might challenege MRob, but I don't see it happening, always a chance though.

Spencer Ware looked good in pass pro as well.

Christine Michael had a couple nice pass pros, but also wiffed on a couple others. A little impatient and lacks some vision...just like Marshawn when he arrived. It took Marshawn about a year to get that down, and Michael should have even more time than that before he sees significant snaps.



As for the defense...

Jordan Hill beat his man a number of times, although he failed to finish out a couple plays that would have been a sack or TFL. Got swallowed up at times as well. Showing promise.

Jesse Williams looked like PS material at best...

Jaye Howard flashed some, beating his man a number of times. Saw time at both the 5-tech and 3-tech.

Benson Mayowa had a couple pressures to go along with his 1.5 sacks. Keep it up and he may earn a roster spot, doubt it though.

Ty Powell had a couple of good plays but also got sucked inside only for the RB to run where he should have been on some other plays.

Mike Morgan showed very little.

O'Brien Schofield showed little as well, I believe I saw him get a pressure and that was about it.

Allen Bradford is the 4th best LB (true LB that is...Wright, Wagner, Smith).

Heath Farwell looked good at LB...I still question his roster spot due to his cap hit.

John Lotulelei had a pretty decent game, but flashed great potential. He is usually in a very good spot to make a play, although he failed to finish out some of those plays.

Can't really comment on the DBs too much, but Lane only got thrown at once (which the WR dropped a pass that was behind him), other than that anytime he was on the screen he was in tight coverage. He should be the favorite for the #6 CB spot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Just rewatched the game, of course focusing on the lines since that mostly all you can see from broadcast footage Laughing

After the starters left, these were the lines I saw:

Alvin Bailey - Rishaw Johnson - Lemuel Jeanpierre - John Moffitt - Michael Bowie
Alvin Bailey - Rishaw Johnson - Jared Smith - John Moffitt - Michael Bowie
Alvin Bailey - Ryan Sermour - Jared Smith - Rishaw Johnson - Michael Bowie

Alvin Bailey...



This guy was awesome, the most impressive player in this game IMO. Gave up no room in pass pro and blew his guy off the line pretty consistently in run blocking. Only saw one hiccup, a S hopped to the side of his block and tackled Michael the play before the final TD. Our future RT?

Michael Bowie had a good game himself. Had a couple hiccups early but settled down and played well.

Lemuel Jeanpierre solidified his roster spot. Same as Moffitt.

Rishaw Johnson had a number of hiccups, but of the other lineman I saw the most potential in him as he blew up his man on a number of running plays. Maybe another year on the PS, could earn himself a roster spot if he gets more consistent though in the final 3 weeks...

Jared Smith had a couple hiccups, but was solid otherwise. Good game for a rookie DT convert playing C. PS candidate.

Ryan Seymour didn't show anything, solid at best.

A little bit on the RB's...

Coleman looked great in pass pro...had 3 great receptions...looked decent in run blocking, not going to blow his man up, but is adequate. Also had 2 great ST tackles. Basically, he is MRob-lite. Only player who might challenege MRob, but I don't see it happening, always a chance though.

Spencer Ware looked good in pass pro as well.

Christine Michael had a couple nice pass pros, but also wiffed on a couple others. A little impatient and lacks some vision...just like Marshawn when he arrived. It took Marshawn about a year to get that down, and Michael should have even more time than that before he sees significant snaps.



As for the defense...

Jordan Hill beat his man a number of times, although he failed to finish out a couple plays that would have been a sack or TFL. Got swallowed up at times as well. Showing promise.

Jesse Williams looked like PS material at best...

Jaye Howard flashed some, beating his man a number of times. Saw time at both the 5-tech and 3-tech.

Benson Mayowa had a couple pressures to go along with his 1.5 sacks. Keep it up and he may earn a roster spot, doubt it though.

Ty Powell had a couple of good plays but also got sucked inside only for the RB to run where he should have been on some other plays.

Mike Morgan showed very little.

O'Brien Schofield showed little as well, I believe I saw him get a pressure and that was about it.

Allen Bradford is the 4th best LB (true LB that is...Wright, Wagner, Smith).

Heath Farwell looked good at LB...I still question his roster spot due to his cap hit.

John Lotulelei had a pretty decent game, but flashed great potential. He is usually in a very good spot to make a play, although he failed to finish out some of those plays.

Can't really comment on the DBs too much, but Lane only got thrown at once (which the WR dropped a pass that was behind him), other than that anytime he was on the screen he was in tight coverage. He should be the favorite for the #6 CB spot.


Bailey was awsome. Could turn out to be a major steal as a UDFA along with Lotulelei who impressed as well.

Thought the OL kids showed some promise overall. Bowie was solid and looks like he has the physical tools. Moffit showed something in my opinion, very solid. LJP was LJP and he will be on the roster.

Jesse Williams was the big let down for me. Consistenly got pushed around and couldnt hold the point of attack. Very very disappointing especially for the high hopes I had for him, I see him as the potential steal of the entire draft but that was brutal. Tho the whole 1's on the DL didnt have a great showing and its still very early.

Hill flashed some nice pressure from the inside but also got washed out, he was solid tho.

Jaye Howard looks like a different player and has a chance to put real pressure on Jesse WIlliams if they both keep going this way.

Bradford has come a long ways as well, played very very well but I think Farwell brings too much on ST to keep him.

Mike Morgan didnt do alot, but he looked better at the Leo than I ever would have expected.

Giving Schofield atleast another week before I try to analyze him, I think he makes the roster, especially with the Irvin suspension. COuld be a long term SLB and Leo back up as well.

Benson Mayowa was very impressive but he's one of those guys who will be hard pressed to make the roster no matter how good he shows.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3985
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's just preseason game one but is anyone concerned about our defense across the middle of the field? Seemed like Rivers kept going to Gates and that was one of our weaknesses last season.

Then again it is easy to pick apart a defense with Clemons,Avril and Irvin not playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I know it's just preseason game one but is anyone concerned about our defense across the middle of the field? Seemed like Rivers kept going to Gates and that was one of our weaknesses last season.

Then again it is easy to pick apart a defense with Clemons,Avril and Irvin not playing.


Its something to keep an eye on, but its just so early and those 2 have had it going for years. Its not a concern yet, but we need to see improvement in the coming weeks. Wagner wasnt playing and hes probably out best coverage LB so there's that as well.

My big concern is who plays next to Mebane in the base D. I had huge hopes for Williams but he looked just awful with the 1's. He got pushed around badly.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I know it's just preseason game one but is anyone concerned about our defense across the middle of the field? Seemed like Rivers kept going to Gates and that was one of our weaknesses last season.

Then again it is easy to pick apart a defense with Clemons,Avril and Irvin not playing.


Its something to keep an eye on, but its just so early and those 2 have had it going for years. Its not a concern yet, but we need to see improvement in the coming weeks. Wagner wasnt playing and hes probably out best coverage LB so there's that as well.

My big concern is who plays next to Mebane in the base D. I had huge hopes for Williams but he looked just awful with the 1's. He got pushed around badly.


Pretty much. Allen Bradford probably complicated things as well because he's not nearly as good as Wagz in coverage. I'm intrigued to see how things really are with the major pass rushers in the game.

Jesse Williams let me down somewhat as well. I'm hoping that it was more due to injuries than anything else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11685
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very Impressed with Alvin Bailey in the first pre season game. I honestly think he will be starting at RT by the end of the year.
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group