Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McM NFL Predictions Based Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: McM NFL Predictions Based Mock Reply with quote

This is based on my NFL Predictions, which will certainly be way off.

Notes:

-This is my first full mock of the year, so feel free to mock me
-PR=Pass Rusher, not punt returner
-I'm not good at this
-Constructive criticism encouraged (on picks, not order)

1. Arizona Cardinals--Teddy Bridgewater-QB-Louisville

If the Cards pick first overall, it will be because of a serious decline on defense, but they'll still need a QB. This is still a team with a good bit of talent, so this might be their only chance to draft a top passer, so they shouldn't pass on the opportunity.

2. Oakland Raiders--Jadeveon Clowney-PR-South Carolina

As of right now, no QB other than Bridgewater is worth this pick, so with him gone, the Raiders pick the BPA. Clowney should provide a nice boost to their D.

3. Tennessee Titans-Marquise Lee-WR-USC

If they Titans pick this high, they might be looking to replace Locker, but again, nobody worth the pick at QB. If Britt can stay healthy and keep his head on straight, the Lee pick would give them a great trio of receivers. If he can't, they have some insurance.

4. New York Jets--Anthony Barr-PR-UCLA

The Jets need much more help on offense, but they decide to take the best available defender rather than reaching on a playmaker.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars-Tajh Boyd-QB-Clemson

Picking this high signals the end of the Gabbert era. Boyd is a slight reach at this spot, but QB is by far the biggest need on this team.

6. Detroit Lions--Jake Matthews-OT-Texas A&M

Riley Reiff could be a solid starter at left tackle, but the Matthews pick gives them flexibility if he doesn't quite cut it there. Despite another top 10 pick, Detroit is still on the up-swing.

7. Buffalo Bills--Kyle Van Noy-LB-BYU

The Bills filled a lot of needs on offense in the 2013 draft, so here they look to improve their front seven. Van Noy could potentially play a Von Miller type role for the Bills.

8. San Diego Chargers--Taylor Lewan-OT-Michigan

DJ Fluker was a great start for rebuilding the offensive line. Adding Lewan at left tackle would be huge for the Chargers.

9. Kansas City Chiefs--Brandon Coleman-WR-Rutgers

Depending on Jon Baldwin's play, the Chiefs could be looking at an option across from Dwayne Bowe.

10. Chicago Bears--Tiny Richardson-OT-Tennessee

Bushrod and Long are a step in the right direction for the OL, but they still need more help.

11. Cleveland Browns--Gabe Jackson-OG-Mississippi State

12. New Orleans Saints--Louis Nix-NT-Notre Dame

13. Minnesota Vikings--CJ Mosely-LB-Alabama

14. New York Giants--Loucheiz Purifoy-CB-Florida

15. Philadelphia Eagles--HaHa Clinton-Dix-S-Alabama

16. Cincinnati Bengals--Aaron Lynch-PR-South Florida

17. Indianapolis Colts--Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Austin Sefarian-Jenkins-TE-Washington

19. Saint Louis Rams--Stephon Tuitt-DT-Notre Dame

20. Saint Louis Rams--Cyrus Kouandjo-OT-Alabama

21. Miami Dolphins--Will Sutton-DL-Arizona State

22. Carolina Panthers--James Hurst-OT-North Carolina

23. Seattle Seahawks--Cyril Richardson-OG-Baylor

24. Houston Texans--Ryan Shazier-PR-Ohio State

25. Baltimore Ravens--Daniel McCullers-DL-Tennessee

26. Dallas Cowboys--Anthony Johnson-DT-LSU

27. Atlanta Falcons--Timmy Jernigan-DT-Flordia State

28. New England Patriots--David Yankey-OL-Stanford

29. Pittsburgh Steelers--Bradley Roby-CB-Ohio State

30. San Francisco 49ers--Ed Reynolds-S-Stanford

31. Green Bay Packers--Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

32. Denver Broncos--Trent Murphy-PR-Stanford
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Matthews...hell yeah.

Don't like picking that high though Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to pass at the G at 11.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:

Yeah, wasn't really sure where to go with that pick. Any suggestions?
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:

Browns are in need of a CB, FS, WR, or TE.

Based on who would be available in your mock, I could see them going with any of these guys depending on how team needs/BPA plays out:

1. Bradley Roby
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Austin Seferian-Jenkins
4. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix / Ed Reynolds

Also, the QB situation is up in the air for them too. Again, depending on how team needs and BPA play out, these guys may be in play:

1. Jeff Matthews, QB, Cornell - talented passer and decision maker who would look good in a Norv Turner offense. Compares to Phillip Rivers / Joe Flacco IMO. Plays in the Ivy so a lot depends on his performance at the Senior Bowl/combine/private workouts.

2. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - only guy with a chance to rise this high by next year's draft, IMO. Another QB with a nice frame and great arm talent. Excellent college production. Only question is how he handles the pass rush. If he learns to read and react better to the blitz this year, he has the potential to rise as high as no. 11
sayheykid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that in 90% of mocks on this forum, no matter where Tampa Bay picks somehow Seferian-Jenkins makes it to their slot. It's becoming comical. Personally, I think he'll be a solid pro but I'm not as enamored with him as some on this board. I wouldn't mind him at eighteen I suppose, depending on what our needs look like after this season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
It seems that in 90% of mocks on this forum, no matter where Tampa Bay picks somehow Seferian-Jenkins makes it to their slot. It's becoming comical. Personally, I think he'll be a solid pro but I'm not as enamored with him as some on this board. I wouldn't mind him at eighteen I suppose, depending on what our needs look like after this season.

That's because you guys have Luke Stocker and Tom Crabtree at TE. Can you hear the crickets chirping?
sayheykid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
sayheykid wrote:

That's because you guys have Luke Stocker and Tom Crabtree at TE. Can you hear the crickets chirping?

We have more pressing needs. I've just never been crazy about taking a TE in the first. I've always felt that if your scouts are doing their jobs, you can find a TE to fit your offense well in the mid to late rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:

Browns are in need of a CB, FS, WR, or TE.

Based on who would be available in your mock, I could see them going with any of these guys depending on how team needs/BPA plays out:

1. Bradley Roby
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Austin Seferian-Jenkins
4. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix / Ed Reynolds

Also, the QB situation is up in the air for them too. Again, depending on how team needs and BPA play out, these guys may be in play:

1. Jeff Matthews, QB, Cornell - talented passer and decision maker who would look good in a Norv Turner offense. Compares to Phillip Rivers / Joe Flacco IMO. Plays in the Ivy so a lot depends on his performance at the Senior Bowl/combine/private workouts.

2. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - only guy with a chance to rise this high by next year's draft, IMO. Another QB with a nice frame and great arm talent. Excellent college production. Only question is how he handles the pass rush. If he learns to read and react better to the blitz this year, he has the potential to rise as high as no. 11

We don't need a WR and we need a QB with a strong arm, but other than that you're right.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

We don't need a WR and we need a QB with a strong arm, but other than that you're right.

Really? If I was a browns fan that's what I would want.

Josh Gordon is a head case, Greg Little is inconsistent and has poor hands, Travis Benjamin is a straight line runner only, and Davone Bess is a pure slot guy. I would want a top flight WR that can do it all.

Weeden is a fringe starter who is alreay over halfway through his effective range of playing age and Campbell is a good backup, but the future at QB is unsettled. The Browns are implementing a vertical offense and a big armed guy like Mathews or Carr, coached up by Norv Turner and Chudzinski, could be a good NFL QB.[/list]
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR is absolutely the last thing they need even if Britt doesn't have a good season. Wright, Hunter, Washington, and nice young prospect in Michael Preston. I agree no QBs except Teddy are worth being drafted that high so I'm hoping to get Morris or someone in the 2nd. There's no way they finish worse than the Jags anyway. I'd go with Nix, Barr, Lewan, or Matthews. Both Roos and Stewart are aging and contracts are soon up. I expect one of them won't be resigned so they'll need to be replaced.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Jernigan.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me rickey da Clowney.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not big on Van Noy personally but PR or OT should be the need.. I'm hoping Lynch or Hubbard climb up draft boards. Lewan and Richardson also make sense for Buffalo
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Richardson over Lewan personally. He fits the mold of our OL coach's scheme (he typically likes bigger, athletic OT's, see Cordy Glenn drafted to be the LT in Buf). Lewan is a guy who i'm not real high on. I think he's good but not great. He's a guy like Riley Reiff (I would say Carimi, but i dont expect him to be a monumental bust like Carimi, just dont see him being spectacular), where he'll get the job done, but needs quite a bit of work, but because of lack of flexibility seems like he'll never be a star LT.

I like Lynch a LOT, but dont think he's top-10 good.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: