Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PW1 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) vs. Cincinnati Bengals (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
Everyone needs to relax. It's the first game action we've seen since January 20. Julio, Gonzo, and Weatherspoon were all out. The offensive line with two new pieces in different spots in Konz and Holmes are playing their first game together as a unit. There was good, and there's bad, But we have 3 more preseason games to iron out the kinks. This team is still title contenders. And with some money left, we have the opportunity to go out and sign a DE or an OL.

By the way, I watch the first half only, how did Brian Banks play?

He only played latish in the 4th quarter. He only had one tackle.

Also I feel like I'm the only person that thinks we won when we were 1st team vs 1st team. They couldn't do a whole lot against our first team D without Weatherspoon. That's a good team as well.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating

Last edited by Lentz33 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:
Everyone needs to relax. It's the first game action we've seen since January 20. Julio, Gonzo, and Weatherspoon were all out. The offensive line with two new pieces in different spots in Konz and Holmes are playing their first game together as a unit. There was good, and there's bad, But we have 3 more preseason games to iron out the kinks. This team is still title contenders. And with some money left, we have the opportunity to go out and sign a DE or an OL.

Also I feel like I'm the only person that thinks we won when we were 1st team vs 1st team. They wouldn't do a whole lot against our first team D without Weatherspoon. That's a good team as well.

Agreed I think we won when it came to 1st team vs 1st team. I think our offense did pretty well considering 2 of our top 3 weapons werent playing
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:

Also I feel like I'm the only person that thinks we won when we were 1st team vs 1st team. They wouldn't do a whole lot against our first team D without Weatherspoon. That's a good team as well.

Agreed I think we won when it came to 1st team vs 1st team. I think our offense did pretty well considering 2 of our top 3 weapons werent playing

Yeah, I'll agree to that. I thought out wide receivers looked great and Ryan looked sharp as ever. It's just the offensive line...

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely played better with the 1s v. 1s.

Before bringing in a vet at tackle though I'd like to see if Holmes can improve next week, as well as see what Ryan Schraeder can do. He's huge at 6'7 and 300. Diamond in the rough?
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say..except for the Oline you guys looked impressive. Dom Davis still looks good..a little jittery In the pocket sometimes and he had an int..but he moved the chains and put points on the board...he looked better than most backups which is weird because he is not a Vet....That pass to rogers was great. Speaking of rogers...how has he been doing..i saw him once in the game but I was flipping back and forth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
I must say..except for the Oline you guys looked impressive. Dom Davis still looks good..a little jittery In the pocket sometimes and he had an int..but he moved the chains and put points on the board...he looked better than most backups which is weird because he is not a Vet....That pass to rogers was great. Speaking of rogers...how has he been doing..i saw him once in the game but I was flipping back and forth.

Jacquizz or James?

ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Jacquizz or James?
I believe he's actually talking about Snelling if he's referring to the lone touchdown of the game

although there was a pretty nice pass to James Rodgers now that I think about it. Him and Drew Davis both looked pretty good. Kevin Cone, not so much.

additional 2 cents:
- Only saw a couple plays with S-Jax, but he looked eerily similar to Turner

- I believe this was due to us trying to force it on the right side of the line, where we were getting fairly manhandled all night

- Dom Davis looked ROUGH the first half. Not all his fault with the terrible blocking but certainly looked better last year.

- Robert. Alford. Very Happy the kid looked like a BALLHAWK out there. Didn't see much of Trufant but overall our secondary looked good (except for the scrubs near the end of the game).

- Really liked the way our young DEs showed up last night, Massaqoui in particular looked good.

- Snelling was the one impressive player on offense (other than flashes by Douglas and Drew Davis). Can not stress enough how under utilized I feel he is in our offense. Just love to watch him make plays out of nothing.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Jacquizz or James?
I believe he's actually talking about Snelling if he's referring to the lone touchdown of the game

although there was a pretty nice pass to James Rodgers now that I think about it. Him and Drew Davis both looked pretty good. Kevin Cone, not so much.

additional 2 cents:

- I believe this was due to us trying to force it on the right side of the line, where we were getting fairly manhandled all night

- Dom Davis looked ROUGH the first half. Not all his fault with the terrible blocking but certainly looked better last year.

- Robert. Alford. Very Happy the kid looked like a BALLHAWK out there. Didn't see much of Trufant but overall our secondary looked good (except for the scrubs near the end of the game).

- Really liked the way our young DEs showed up last night, Massaqoui in particular looked good.

- Snelling was the one impressive player on offense (other than flashes by Douglas and Drew Davis). Can not stress enough how under utilized I feel he is in our offense. Just love to watch him make plays out of nothing.

Agree on all points. I will add that Marcus Trufant did not look bad. He really didn't get tested which probably means he did his job and coverage not to mention the 1st team Dline was able to get pressure for once. Also, Ronnie Wingo looked pretty good as well. A. Smith might get his position taken. We carry 4 RB's normally. Wingo could be the 4th.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Jacquizz or James?

additional 2 cents:

Agree on all points. I will add that Marcus Trufant did not look bad. He really didn't get tested which probably means he did his job and coverage not to mention the 1st team Dline was able to get pressure for once. Also, Ronnie Wingo looked pretty good as well. A. Smith might get his position taken. We carry 4 RB's normally. Wingo could be the 4th.

Isn't Wingo the 235 lbs RB that ran like a 4.6?

tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Jacquizz or James?

additional 2 cents:

I'm not sure but he is listed by a RB/FB for us.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Jacquizz or James?

additional 2 cents:

Wingo actually ran a 4.47 http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89856&draftyear=2013&genpos=FB

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Jacquizz or James?

additional 2 cents:

Wingo actually ran a 4.47 http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89856&draftyear=2013&genpos=FB

Even better. I hope he makes the team.

SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
I will add that Marcus Trufant did not look bad.

You mean Desmond Trufant? Razz

#FreeToddGurley
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
I will add that Marcus Trufant did not look bad.

You mean Desmond Trufant? Razz

HAHAHA, good correction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: