Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Around the NFL Thread (see pg. 32)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Ganaway has retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why we got rid of James Ihedigbo...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7883
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we become a exciting team to watch & win a superbowl before I die.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I never understood why we got rid of James Ihedigbo...


Agreed. Very versatile and perfect for Rex's defense. He made plays for the Jets; don't understand letting him go.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32879
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
green24 wrote:
I never understood why we got rid of James Ihedigbo...


Agreed. Very versatile and perfect for Rex's defense. He made plays for the Jets; don't understand letting him go.


Agreed, but we have a better version in Antonio Allen now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 6544
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihedigbo starting for Baltimore?

So far the Ravens D looking better then i thought they would with 2 new Safeties
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
green24 wrote:
I never understood why we got rid of James Ihedigbo...


Agreed. Very versatile and perfect for Rex's defense. He made plays for the Jets; don't understand letting him go.


Agreed, but we have a better version in Antonio Allen now.


We hope. I like Allen but he hasn't proven it on the field yet. He should thrive in this defense if Rex plays it more like he did his first two seasons with the Jets.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 9039
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
green24 wrote:
I never understood why we got rid of James Ihedigbo...


Agreed. Very versatile and perfect for Rex's defense. He made plays for the Jets; don't understand letting him go.


Agreed, but we have a better version in Antonio Allen now.


We hope. I like Allen but he hasn't proven it on the field yet. He should thrive in this defense if Rex plays it more like he did his first two seasons with the Jets.


We STILL dont have a FS. Neither S is good in coverage. Even though he was soft, we haven't had a good FS since Kerry, and we were the number 1 passing D that year.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32879
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 reasons to draft Clinton-Dix.

Because his first name is HaHa and he's a true FS.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:


We STILL dont have a FS. Neither S is good in coverage. Even though he was soft, we haven't had a good FS since Kerry, and we were the number 1 passing D that year.


I thought Bell did a pretty good job last season but he didn't make the big play. He was solid though and I thought paired decently with Landry.

But losing Landry, who could cover a lot of ground, exposes the other safety position more. You have to be able to cover the middle of the field and I agree that they need some better play against the pass out of that position. That needed to be addressed in the draft and wasn't.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 9039
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
ekill08x wrote:


We STILL dont have a FS. Neither S is good in coverage. Even though he was soft, we haven't had a good FS since Kerry, and we were the number 1 passing D that year.


I thought Bell did a pretty good job last season but he didn't make the big play. He was solid though and I thought paired decently with Landry.

But losing Landry, who could cover a lot of ground, exposes the other safety position more. You have to be able to cover the middle of the field and I agree that they need some better play against the pass out of that position. That needed to be addressed in the draft and wasn't.


Both guys were former SS. I love LaRon but hes not good in coverage and Bell wasn't really either. We definitely need to address that this offseason as well.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
2 reasons to draft Clinton-Dix.

Because his first name is HaHa and he's a true FS.

What if we sign Jairus Byrd in free agency?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning is otherworldly. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20074
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than anything, I think the Ravens are missing some players a lot more than they thought they would (at least more than some of their fans thought).
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21806
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long season. As is typical, mistakes in the game quickly compounded on themselves and what could have been a close second half ended up being a two possession game in a matter of minutes. And the Broncos didn't look back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 5 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group