Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LFFFKL 2013 Discussion Thread: Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Every other week trend lately. Surprisingly not out of it yet.

Not to be harsh, but there is a near 0% chance you make the playoffs. Not only would you have to win your last two games, and hope that the 5 other teams competing for those last few spots fail to exceed 6 wins (5 teams currently have 5 or 6), but you have the lowest "Points For" in the league, which is the tiebreaker. (This also assumes that the other 4 win teams - Fuller and FTW - don't also win out. If they do, they could be in the running.)

It isn't impossible, but it's close.

(I'm currently 2nd in the league and I could still miss the playoffs. This league is always close.)

Still pretty pathetic I'm still alive. Oh well

Why is that pathetic? I think it's great that this league is this close each year.

Talking about my pitiful roster. First round pick S Jackson burned me. Losing a keeper WR that was blah. Just my roster in general.

Eh. One of my keepers first saw the field last week, my 4th keeper was garbage, and my 1st pick was placed on IR weeks ago. It happens.

Team Stylish
davisblack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My team is doomed for years to come. I basically have no good keepers (a weak argument could be made for Fitzgerald) and only one player with moderate potential (Bell).

I'm going to have to hit the jackpot in the draft the next couple years if I hope to contend.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
My team is doomed for years to come. I basically have no good keepers (a weak argument could be made for Fitzgerald) and only one player with moderate potential (Bell).

I'm going to have to hit the jackpot in the draft the next couple years if I hope to contend.

Eh, not really. FF is mostly about the waiver wire, and keepers are often available for mid-late pick swaps before the draft. You can easily upgrade your keepers.

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Eh, not really. FF is mostly about the waiver wire, and keepers are often available for mid-late pick swaps before the draft. You can easily upgrade your keepers.

No solid keeper been that cheap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
davisblack wrote:

I've generally had to give up at least a 1st round selection to land a keeper.

One year I had the #1 overall selection, and offered DHLF to swap every top of the round selection I had, including keeping his first round selection- just to land Calvin.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
davisblack wrote:

One year I had the #1 overall selection, and offered DHLF to swap every top of the round selection I had, including keeping his first round selection- just to land Calvin.

Exactly it ain't easy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Exactly it ain't easy

Well to be fair, you're asking for the best receiver in the entire league (and top 5 point scorer), who just so happens to be a Lion. Of course it wouldnt be easy
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
davisblack wrote:

A keeper is a top 48 pick. In this league, teams with 5-6 of those players often offer two of them for draft value in the middle of the draft.

Yes, it is absolutely that easy.

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

So you offered him what is realistically a 5th round pick, and value in rounds 6-16, for the best receiver in fantasy.

Yeah. That's not a good offer.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keepers aren't hard to get if your willing to part with stuff as well. Sure it's tougher to get the top 10 guys and young guys but there are plenty of lower level keepers being traded quite regularly.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
davisblack wrote:

A keeper is a top 48 pick. In this league, teams with 5-6 of those players often offer two of them for draft value in the middle of the draft.

Yes, it is absolutely that easy.

Keyword SOLID Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

So you offered him what is realistically a 5th round pick, and value in rounds 6-16, for the best receiver in fantasy.

Players were involved as well. Can't remember exactly who, but he told me that my offer confused him and he would've accepted it instead of yours had he truly understood what I was offering him.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Keyword SOLID Rolling Eyes

What a joke. Both Forte (#1 RB) and Welker (#9 WR) were available before the draft, to name a few. Other key players also moved teams.

It isn't hard to upgrade keepers with draft picks. (Unless you actually think that 1st round picks in this league are actually 1st round picks.)

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Players were involved as well. Can't remember exactly who, but he told me that my offer confused him and he would've accepted it instead of yours had he truly understood what I was offering him.

... what? I acquired CJ from Phreak, not DHLF.

Team Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Gordon is currently outscoring stylish's team 437-290.8.

Laughing

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: