Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Final 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kal-El"]
Kal-El wrote:
*Subject to many changes*

I like it. Not sure we'll leave either Kuhn or Wilson behind, but I like this 53.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
QB:(2)
1.Aaron Rodgers
2.Vince Young

FB:(3)
1.John Kuhn

RB:(7)
1.Eddie Lacy
2.Dujuan Harris
3.Johnathan Franklin
4.Alex Green

TE:(11)
1.Jermichael Finley
2.Andrew Quarless
3.D.J. Williams
4.Matthew Mulligan

WR:(16)
1.James Jones
2.Jordy Nelson
3.Randall Cobb
4.Jarrett Boykin
5.Jeremy Ross

OT:(20)
1.David Bakhtiari
2.Don Barclay
3.Marshall Newhouse
4.Andrew Datko

OG:(23)
1.Josh Sitton
2.T.J Lang
3.Lane Taylor

C:(25)
1.EDS
2.Greg Van Roten

NT:(26)
1.Ryan Pickett

DE:(32)
1.B.J. Raji
2.Datone Jones
3.Mike Neal
4.Mike Daniels
5.C.J. Wilson
6.Johnny Jolly

MLB:(37)
1.Brad Jones
2.A.J. Hawk
3.Robert Francois
4.Terrell Manning
5.Sam Barrington

OLB:(41)
1.Clay Matthews
2.Nick Perry
3.Nate Palmer
4.Andy Mulumba

CB:(47)
1.Tramon Williams
2.Sam Shields
3.Casey Hayward
4.Micah Hyde
5.Davon House
6.Jarrett Bush

S:(50)
1.Morgan Burnett
2.M.J. Jennings
3.Jeron McMillian

ST:(53)
1.Tim Masthay
2.Mason Crosby
3.Brett Goode

PUP:
1.Derrick Sherrod
2.Charles Johnson
3.Jerel Worthy

IR:
1.Brian Bulaga
2.J.C. Tretter
3.Richardson

PS:
1.B.J Coleman
2.Tyrone Walker
3.Kevin Dorsey
4.Brandon Bostick
5.Patrick Lewis
6.Josh Boyd
7.Chris Banjo
8.James Nixon

My 53 roster watch list:
1.Josh Boyd
2.Brandon Bostick
3.Chris Banjo
4.Tyrone Walker

First, I think it's wishful thinking to give Young the #2. Coleman might clear waivers, so if Mac believes Coleman can run the offense, you might be right. No matter how deeply I doubt Harrell, I have a hard time believing he won't be our backup. He's the only other guy who knows our offense.

I can't really argue with your RB selection. Mac might keep Starks over Green, I suppose. Green had a decent amount of time last year to establish himself, and he never did. I like Harris a lot, but if Lacy goes down or if he can't handle three-down work, I don't think Harris can manage his blocking assignments all the time. Starks or Green--whichever stays--will see plenty of snaps.

I think Taylor will make the squad, and I'm not sold on Williams.

Otherwise, I think the only other issues with your 53 might be who gets stashed on the PS. Boyd won't clear waivers. Will Bostick, Barrington, Walker, or Johnson? Johnson has been dressing for practice this week, so I think eventually the bosses will have to decide if he can clear waivers or not. I really like Bostick, Barrington, and Boyd. I think Boyd gets a roster spot, and maybe Bostick. We might be able to hide Barrington on the PS. And whether or not Palmer can clear waivers, I don't think he's ready to play.

ETA: I wouldn't cry if we said goodbye to Kuhn.

I wasn't sure if Johnson was getting healthy so I put him on PUP until I saw him cleared this week. I probably will put him on the PS. Bostick is promising but he hasn't put it all together, he's had just about the same preseason as Williams. Williams is a better blocker than him as well and can play special teams. I think people are too quick to write him off.. People have to realize that we don't have a lot of options. So many TEs that have different strenghs. I try to look for the balance the most.

I think Mulligan still makes it, baring his injury. Quarless will be interesting to see if he makes it. Had a nice Catch tonight. IMO it's Ryan Taylor vs Quarless for the final spot. Depends if Mulligans injury is serious or not. If we don't keep Mulligan we keep Taylor. If we don't keep Kuhn, we keep 5 TEs. But I think Kuhn will be on this team at least another year.

The question for me is: Is Ryan Taylor worth keeping just because of his special teams? He isn't blowing me away on special teams, a few good plays here and there. But nothing special. Very limited on offense like Mulligan, but Mulligan is an excellent blocker.

I hope we can keep Boyd somehow, there is just too much talent though along this D-Line to let go of.. Depends if the staff wants to keep 8. Which I wouldn't mind. I was also thinking of trading a player. My candidate would be Wilson, but I don't know how much stock he has, maybe we get a pick or a decent player out of it.

I heard somewhere they could pay someone more to stay on the PS. Maybe they resort to that. Who knows..

After tonight, I might add Starks to the roster by default, barring injured Dujuan Harris. You can't tell me tonight that Young doesn't look like our backup either. Laughing

Banjo probably makes it. All our draft picks accept the 2 WRs and Tretter will make it. Hopefully the 2 Wideouts show something against KC, Dorsey showed some good things tonight. They will definitely make it to the PS.

Not sure about Walker yet, bet he makes PS. He flashed in the first game, but sorta fell off in these last 2.

Still like Mulumba and Lane Taylor to make it.

I'll have to watch the game over to make a few notes, but I've got a good grasp of who I like.
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough with the nagging injuries. I don't remember if I posted on this forum or somewhere else, but our TE depth confuses me the most about our final 53. I like many of our guys but if keeping talent is our priority, maybe keeping eight at the DL (counting Neal, of course) is the way to go. Unless we can deal one of these guys off as a trade for a decent OLineman or a draft pick . . . But many of these are last year contract guys and I'm not sure how that plays.

@gopack: I'm ready to talk about ditching Harrell now.

-------
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
@gopack: I'm ready to talk about ditching Harrell now.

Cut him this week Razz Get Vince ready to backup Arod next week against Kansas City.

StinkySauce wrote:
Tough with the nagging injuries. I don't remember if I posted on this forum or somewhere else, but our TE depth confuses me the most about our final 53. I like many of our guys but if keeping talent is our priority, maybe keeping eight at the DL (counting Neal, of course) is the way to go. Unless we can deal one of these guys off as a trade for a decent OLineman or a draft pick . . . But many of these are last year contract guys and I'm not sure how that plays.

You're not the only one...

I think it's gonna go down like this :

1.Finley
2.Williams
3.Quarless
4.Mulligan
5.Taylor (if Kuhn gets cut)

I hope Quarless is over his injuries and Mulligan returns this week because i'm not confident in Taylor and Bostick over them as "depth" they're solid, but are they difference makers yet?

Williams will make the team, there is no ifs, ands, or buts... I think we have to keep him.. I'm afraid people are buying into the Bostick hype, he might not even see the field like Williams rarely did the last few years. Idunno maybe i'm seeing something else. (You're right it is very confusing..)
CactusPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 53:

QB: Rodgers, Young, [2]
RB: Lacy, Harris, Franklin, John Kuhn [4]
WR: Cobb, Jones, Nelson, Boykin, Ross, Walker [6]
TE: Finley, Quarless, Bostick, Williams, [4]
OL: Bakhtiari, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Newhouse, Lewis, Datko, Sherrod [9]
Total Offense: 25
DL: Pickett, Raji, Jones, Wilson, Jolly, Daniels [6]
LB: Matthews, Jones, Hawk, Perry, Francois, Mozes, Manning, Palmer, Barrington [9]
DB: Shields, Hayward, Burnett, Williams, McMillian, Jennings, Hyde, House, Banjo, Bush [10]

Total defense: 26
LS--Goode
K--Ryan Longwell
P--Masthay

Special Thanks To Jordyzzz for the awesome sig!
Kal-El

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
*Subject to many changes*

I like it. Not sure we'll leave either Kuhn or Wilson behind, but I like this 53.

Yup, Wilson would be our "last" cut. 'Could swing a trade with him, though.

Kuhn just doesn't seem to be involved in this offense any longer.

And thanks. Very Happy

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Blank402

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated: 8/27

QB: Rodgers, Young (2(2))
--Barring an earth shattering game by Coleman in the final preseason game I think it's safe to say Young has the number two job locked up.
RB: Lacy, Green, Starks, Franklin (4(6))
--Harris's injury opens a spot for Starks.
FB: Kuhn (1(7))
--Kuhn still has a spot on this team.
WR: Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Boykin, Ross (5(12))
--At this point, I don't think Walker or White or any of the other WRs at the bottom of the depth chart has shown enough to keep them around. Maybe they'll stick around if Cobb or Nelson (or both) aren't ready week 1, but I'm taking the optimistic route.
TE: Finley, Quarless, Mulligan, Williams, Taylor(5(17))
--Mulligan's arm injury could cost him his spot.
OL: Bakhtiari, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Newhouse, Van Roten (7(24))
--With Newhouse as the swing tackle and Van Roten backing up the interior Datko would be a waste of a roster spot, plus he still has practice squad eligibility.

DL: Raji, Pickett, Wilson, Jones, Jolly, Daniels, Neal (7(31))
--Neal is a tweener at DL and OLB, Boyd hasn't shown much. Being a fifth round pick makes him a tough cut, but with as deep as we are on the DL there's no room to keep him or Miller.
ILB: Hawk, Jones, Francois, Manning, Barrington (5(36))
--Barrington is a hard hitter and could show up on special teams. Lattimore has had a quiet offseason so he loses out.
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Mulamba, Palmer (4(40))
--Even with Neal being a tweener, it's still worth it to keep four OLBs. If one of Matthews or Perry goes down you don't Neal being a full time player at OLB.
CB: Williams, Shields, Heyward, Hyde, House, Bush (6(46))
--Nothing changes here.
S: Burnett, McMillian, Jennings, Banjo (4(50))
--Banjo's played well with limited time in the system, earning him a spot on the 53.

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode
(3(53))

Trades: Bostick for a seventh rounder

Practice Squad: Coleman (QB), Pease (RB), Johnson (WR), Datko (OL), Lewis (OL), Savage (OLB), Boyd (DL), Means (CB),

Last edited by Blank402 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 am; edited 4 times in total
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see too many people mentioning final-contract-year guys, especially those on our supposedly deep DL. Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't Raji, Pickett, Wilson, Jolly, and Neal all in their final years? I can't imagine TT giving any young, promising DL guy a chance to get poached from the PS.

-------
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham Harrell, Justin Wilson, and Omarius Hines all released.
ayt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
I don't see too many people mentioning final-contract-year guys, especially those on our supposedly deep DL. Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't Raji, Pickett, Wilson, Jolly, and Neal all in their final years? I can't imagine TT giving any young, promising DL guy a chance to get poached from the PS.

With how those guys are playing, it is extremely difficult to see any of them not making the team.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Ironically #'s 5,6,&7
justo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone so quick to cut Lattimore and Moses? Those dudes were on the two-deep while Manning, Barrington, and Palmer were on the bench. I think it's really unlikely that Manning, Barrington, and Palmer make the team. 2 of the 3 at most, possibly only 1. If Neal makes the roster, I don't think Palmer does. He can be the 5th OLB and play DE. Manning and Barrington have been getting a lot of SPT time at least.

#FREEBARRINGTON
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Why is everyone so quick to cut Lattimore and Moses? Those dudes were on the two-deep while Manning, Barrington, and Palmer were on the bench. I think it's really unlikely that Manning, Barrington, and Palmer make the team. 2 of the 3 at most, possibly only 1. If Neal makes the roster, I don't think Palmer does. He can be the 5th OLB and play DE. Manning and Barrington have been getting a lot of SPT time at least.
Probably don't actively like them. Players people are indifferent about tend to end up cut in these predictions.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Ironically #'s 5,6,&7
Add #1 Alex Gillett to that list. Have to think they started cuts in numerical order at this point.
ayt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
Probably don't actively like them. Players people are indifferent about tend to end up cut in these predictions.

Moses has had a very tough preseason, IMO. His upside is also very limited given his lack of athleticism. I don't see much ST upside either.

It shouldn't surprise anyone if he doesn't make the cut, especially since Neal is a factor at OLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: