Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamandi Aso
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Smitty89


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 1384
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Nnamandi Aso Reply with quote

He may not make the 49ers roster. If he were cut would you want to bring him in? He would be cheap and gives us a veteran presence among with Godfrey in the secondary.

Whatever happened to this guy... It was 1a, 1b with Revis 3-4 years ago



http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000225628/article/nnamdi-asomugha-isnt-guaranteed-49ers-roster-spot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CarolinaKitten


Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Posts: 12184
Location: 'Scansin
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's 32 now, that's what happened. A lot of CBs lose a step after 30.

It wouldn't hurt to bring the guy in because our secondary is painful on paper, but he's not a long term solution, maybe a year or so...unless he wants $$..then no thanks.
_________________

Sig by Me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4505
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like having Nnam on the roster. He's not much of a diva and I still think he's got something left in his tank. I mean, the dudes married to Kerry Washington. He's got to be doing something right.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe I'll pass. If he can't make a 49ers secondary that lost their key player this year, he's got nothing let in the tank. I'm happy with the veteran presence we have between Florence and Godfrey and would much rather develop young talent than take a roster spot away for a guy that is in a huge decline.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32410
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he was just a one-trick pony as far as scheme went. When he was asked to do something different, and when teams started throwing at him again, he just couldn't hold up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2287
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. Scrabble used to be one hell of a DB...not so much anymore.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Pass. Scrabble used to be one hell of a DB...not so much anymore.


So you think Drayton Florence is any better? or Younger?

Sorry but you guys are so quick to say "Nah i'm all set with that guy, he's old, he sucks".

But the reality is, Nnamdi is better than ANY CB on our roster. What have ANY of the CBs on our roster EVER done? Drayton Florence is a joke.

Captain is a Nickel corner.

Josh Norman was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, statistically.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Pass. Scrabble used to be one hell of a DB...not so much anymore.


So you think Drayton Florence is any better? or Younger?

Sorry but you guys are so quick to say "Nah i'm all set with that guy, he's old, he sucks".

But the reality is, Nnamdi is better than ANY CB on our roster. What have ANY of the CBs on our roster EVER done? Drayton Florence is a joke.

Captain is a Nickel corner.

Josh Norman was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, statistically.


If he's so good and awesome like you say he is, why did the Eagles cut him to start the season and why are the 49ers on the verge of cutting him again? Both are teams that could use extra guys in the secondary. It's obvious, he's lost a step or 2 if teams are cutting him left and right.

Our front 7 is good enough to negate any issues that might occur with our secondary, so signing a bunch of lock down corners and high dollar veterans is not going to help us as much as one would think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2336
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Pass. Scrabble used to be one hell of a DB...not so much anymore.


So you think Drayton Florence is any better? or Younger?

Sorry but you guys are so quick to say "Nah i'm all set with that guy, he's old, he sucks".

But the reality is, Nnamdi is better than ANY CB on our roster. What have ANY of the CBs on our roster EVER done? Drayton Florence is a joke.

Captain is a Nickel corner.

Josh Norman was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, statistically.


If he's so good and awesome like you say he is, why did the Eagles cut him to start the season and why are the 49ers on the verge of cutting him again? Both are teams that could use extra guys in the secondary. It's obvious, he's lost a step or 2 if teams are cutting him left and right.

Our front 7 is good enough to negate any issues that might occur with our secondary, so signing a bunch of lock down corners and high dollar veterans is not going to help us as much as one would think.


but the cb's in phi and sf are superior to anything we have. all I can say is it cant hurt. Florence has never been a monster and he isn't getting any better. scrabble can't be any worse than what we already have. if he comes at the right price. and any improvement is an improvement
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
boondock wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Pass. Scrabble used to be one hell of a DB...not so much anymore.


So you think Drayton Florence is any better? or Younger?

Sorry but you guys are so quick to say "Nah i'm all set with that guy, he's old, he sucks".

But the reality is, Nnamdi is better than ANY CB on our roster. What have ANY of the CBs on our roster EVER done? Drayton Florence is a joke.

Captain is a Nickel corner.

Josh Norman was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, statistically.


If he's so good and awesome like you say he is, why did the Eagles cut him to start the season and why are the 49ers on the verge of cutting him again? Both are teams that could use extra guys in the secondary. It's obvious, he's lost a step or 2 if teams are cutting him left and right.

Our front 7 is good enough to negate any issues that might occur with our secondary, so signing a bunch of lock down corners and high dollar veterans is not going to help us as much as one would think.


but the cb's in phi and sf are superior to anything we have. all I can say is it cant hurt. Florence has never been a monster and he isn't getting any better. scrabble can't be any worse than what we already have. if he comes at the right price. and any improvement is an improvement


He would not be cheap enough we are still fixing the cap and have Hardy and Cam to sign to big deals.
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smitty89


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 1384
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
boondock wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Pass. Scrabble used to be one hell of a DB...not so much anymore.


So you think Drayton Florence is any better? or Younger?

Sorry but you guys are so quick to say "Nah i'm all set with that guy, he's old, he sucks".

But the reality is, Nnamdi is better than ANY CB on our roster. What have ANY of the CBs on our roster EVER done? Drayton Florence is a joke.

Captain is a Nickel corner.

Josh Norman was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, statistically.


If he's so good and awesome like you say he is, why did the Eagles cut him to start the season and why are the 49ers on the verge of cutting him again? Both are teams that could use extra guys in the secondary. It's obvious, he's lost a step or 2 if teams are cutting him left and right.

Our front 7 is good enough to negate any issues that might occur with our secondary, so signing a bunch of lock down corners and high dollar veterans is not going to help us as much as one would think.


but the cb's in phi and sf are superior to anything we have. all I can say is it cant hurt. Florence has never been a monster and he isn't getting any better. scrabble can't be any worse than what we already have. if he comes at the right price. and any improvement is an improvement


He would not be cheap enough we are still fixing the cap and have Hardy and Cam to sign to big deals.



$1.65 million isn't cheap enough?

If he makes the pro bowl or we make the playoffs with him playing at least 14 games he makes a total of $3 million.

I'd gladly take that risk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32410
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
but the cb's in phi and sf are superior to anything we have. all I can say is it cant hurt. Florence has never been a monster and he isn't getting any better. scrabble can't be any worse than what we already have. if he comes at the right price. and any improvement is an improvement


San Fran, sure (although they do have some age/injury concerns). But, though our guys are far from spectacular, I have a hard time calling Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher superior to anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
89 06 MVP


Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Posts: 789
Location: Charlotte,NC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first question would be at what price ? Also its nice to have young talent but if they not stepping up its time to go in another direction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smitty89


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 1384
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89 06 MVP wrote:
My first question would be at what price ? Also its nice to have young talent but if they not stepping up its time to go in another direction.


1.6m is what San Fran signed him for. He'd most likely take even less if cut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
89 06 MVP


Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Posts: 789
Location: Charlotte,NC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
89 06 MVP wrote:
My first question would be at what price ? Also its nice to have young talent but if they not stepping up its time to go in another direction.


1.6m is what San Fran signed him for. He'd most likely take even less if cut


Oh yeah if that's all he asking for(Or cheaper) then it wouldn't hurt to make that move but make it clear that he will complete for a roster spot.... Lets not forget Rivera is in a go to the playoff or lose his job situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group