Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WE TAGGED HIM!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: WE TAGGED HIM!!!!! Reply with quote

It was mentioned today on ESPN News that the Jets were going to place the Franchise Tag on Abraham, which is a huge sigh of relief from me. I am all for their decision. I don't want to see John Abraham in any other jersey but the Jets' Green & White. But if he does end up getting traded, at least we will end up getting something for him. It's not likely that Franchise Players get traded but it is possible. Now the Jets focus can be on Ferguson and Jordan. Also, there was an interesting article on the Jets and their plans for the offseason, including addressing their DB situation. That is at www.newyorkjets.com. You guys should check it out. It does't mention that the Jets tagged Abraham but it was on ESPN News today like I said.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john abraham wants out of new york. I think maybe they're franchising him so that they can try to deal him to minny in a package for randy moss.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraham has stated from awhile back he's wanted to stay with the Jets.
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like every fan that doesn't like the Jets thinks that Abraham wants out of New York. What evidence do you guys have? I would really like to know because if he did want to get out of New York, he would have mentioned it from the beginning of the off-season and he would have made it clear that he wanted to test the free agent market...and he didn't.
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he wanted to stay in NY he would have helped his team out when they needed him too. thats were we get the idea that he doesnt want to be in NY. When your more interested in your FA status then your team, your priorities are way off.
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wats up 33 wrote:
if he wanted to stay in NY he would have helped his team out when they needed him too. thats were we get the idea that he doesnt want to be in NY. When your more interested in your FA status then your team, your priorities are way off.

100% agreed. Ship him out, get someone who will play for you when you need them. I don't care who he is, how good he is, what the Jets record is with out him...you just can't let someone do something like that. It sends a bad message to the rest of the team, and the fans as well.
wrayce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about trading him to redskins for coles

My signature gallery
Chapstick437

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that they would only consider that if they gave us their 1st along with him. Abraham is a top 5 DE, Coles is not a top 5 WR.
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets would be stupid to trade him. He makes the D complete and work. You guys seem to forget that it was Herman Edwards who decided to keep him out of the games (because it was better for the team). Don't you guys think that Herm knows more about his players than the stupid media who lives on making stories.

And Laveraneus Coles for Abraham. You guys want to talk about not wanting to be on the team. Eveyone, whether they were Jets fans or not, knew that Coles and Pennington had something special. But Coles gave that up, despite how much effort Pennington gave to try and have him stay, for more $ on a worse team.
wrayce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't make them complete in offseason thier defense performed quite well

My signature gallery
Chapstick437

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we might be getting Coles after all. lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1999620

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: