Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geoff Hangartner released
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Geoff Hangartner released Reply with quote

per @Panthers twitter

This must mean they are going to sign someone else for sure?

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2013/08/panthers-release-veteran-lineman-geoff-hangartner.html

Word is Wharton wanted more than vet min. and we get that much from releasing him.

Piggy got pushed around pretty good last year and guess he wasn't looking any better in camp.
_________________

Thanks CK


Last edited by johnydtarheel on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubletroublelv


Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 181
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but I'm very confused. Who's going to take his spot? He was practicing as the center when Ryan Kalil had an off day. He is a very questionable starter but very versatile.
_________________


Props to eggy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubletroublelv wrote:
I was just about to post this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but I'm very confused. Who's going to take his spot? He was practicing as the center when Ryan Kalil had an off day. He is a very questionable starter but very versatile.


We had been in talks with Travelle Wharton for a bit, so it may be him; or they may just be happy with one of the young guys that is in camp.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1052
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy about this, he may have been a good guy but he sucked. time to move on.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SmittySmurf


Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2653
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
doubletroublelv wrote:
I was just about to post this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but I'm very confused. Who's going to take his spot? He was practicing as the center when Ryan Kalil had an off day. He is a very questionable starter but very versatile.


We had been in talks with Travelle Wharton for a bit, so it may be him; or they may just be happy with one of the young guys that is in camp.


This.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmittySmurf wrote:
boondock wrote:
doubletroublelv wrote:
I was just about to post this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but I'm very confused. Who's going to take his spot? He was practicing as the center when Ryan Kalil had an off day. He is a very questionable starter but very versatile.


We had been in talks with Travelle Wharton for a bit, so it may be him; or they may just be happy with one of the young guys that is in camp.


This.


He's not there today so not sure this is it?
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
SmittySmurf wrote:
boondock wrote:
doubletroublelv wrote:
I was just about to post this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but I'm very confused. Who's going to take his spot? He was practicing as the center when Ryan Kalil had an off day. He is a very questionable starter but very versatile.


We had been in talks with Travelle Wharton for a bit, so it may be him; or they may just be happy with one of the young guys that is in camp.


This.


He's not there today so not sure this is it?


He's not under contract yet, so he's not obligated to be there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
SmittySmurf wrote:
boondock wrote:
doubletroublelv wrote:
I was just about to post this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but I'm very confused. Who's going to take his spot? He was practicing as the center when Ryan Kalil had an off day. He is a very questionable starter but very versatile.


We had been in talks with Travelle Wharton for a bit, so it may be him; or they may just be happy with one of the young guys that is in camp.


This.


He's not there today so not sure this is it?


He's not under contract yet, so he's not obligated to be there.


But if they were cutting piggy for him he would be there.

Gary Williams is running with the 1's today and had good block.
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 2197
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad. he seems like a cool guy. but he def wasnt too hot last year...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry Williams promoted to starter.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/panthers-release-veteran-ol-hangartner
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BringinDaPain


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 3901
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have one question? Who will backup Bell at RT now that Williams is at RG.
_________________

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
I only have one question? Who will backup Bell at RT now that Williams is at RG.


Williams probably still will. Then we will have Kugbila and Jeff Byers at RG backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32394
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
I only have one question? Who will backup Bell at RT now that Williams is at RG.


Williams probably still will. Then we will have Kugbila and Jeff Byers at RG backup.


Thats one possibility, but a more intriguing one would be Bruce Campbell. I think he was getting the backup LT reps, so hopefully thats a good sign.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
boondock wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
I only have one question? Who will backup Bell at RT now that Williams is at RG.


Williams probably still will. Then we will have Kugbila and Jeff Byers at RG backup.


Thats one possibility, but a more intriguing one would be Bruce Campbell. I think he was getting the backup LT reps, so hopefully thats a good sign.


I heard someone say Bruce could only play LT for some reason.

Rivera also mentioned Hayworth Hicks as backup at G
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SmittySmurf


Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2653
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
boondock wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
I only have one question? Who will backup Bell at RT now that Williams is at RG.


Williams probably still will. Then we will have Kugbila and Jeff Byers at RG backup.


Thats one possibility, but a more intriguing one would be Bruce Campbell. I think he was getting the backup LT reps, so hopefully thats a good sign.


I heard someone say Bruce could only play LT for some reason.

Rivera also mentioned Hayworth Hicks as backup at G


Yeah, I've heard Hicks' name used a lot this week.

I don't think anyone knows what to expect from the OL this year. We are counting on a lot of new and young talent to step up and even be starters. The only real constants are Gross and Kalil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group