Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Future Forecast. Who to look for in 1st round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Okay what if we have the second pick like the Rams did last year. You know if clowney's not there. What kind of trade would you guys like to get?

First and foremost, I'd be heart broken if Clowney is gone lol

Secondly, I'd wish for the same type of compensation that Rams received.

+1

If Clowney is gone trade back for RGIII type compensation. Draft UCF DE Aaron Lynch and hopefully UT OT Antonio Richardson. Both will be 1st round steals

Pass on Bridgewater at #2? If he plays up to expectations, that sort of move would be akin to madness.

I'm all for building from the inside out. It's my preferred approach. But we haven't had a good QB in a decade now. We also haven't had a winning season in that amount of time. That ain't coincidence.

If Bridgewater plays and grades out as anticipated (And when you look at how this year's QB class fell off, you know this is a big if), Reggie basically has to take him.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Okay what if we have the second pick like the Rams did last year. You know if clowney's not there. What kind of trade would you guys like to get?

First and foremost, I'd be heart broken if Clowney is gone lol

Secondly, I'd wish for the same type of compensation that Rams received.

+1

If Clowney is gone trade back for RGIII type compensation. Draft UCF DE Aaron Lynch and hopefully UT OT Antonio Richardson. Both will be 1st round steals

Pass on Bridgewater at #2? If he plays up to expectations, that sort of move would be akin to madness.

I'm all for building from the inside out. It's my preferred approach. But we haven't had a good QB in a decade now. We also haven't had a winning season in that amount of time. That ain't coincidence.

If Bridgewater plays and grades out as anticipated (And when you look at how this year's QB class fell off, you know this is a big if), Reggie basically has to take him.

So your saying that you'd pass up on a deal like 3 firsts and 3 seconds for Bridgewater? I like the prospect but until we have someone to block or rush the passer we aren't winning games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Sure but how many championships do any of those players have? Sure they where no brainers, yeah they are the best players in the league, but bad teams don't get better from one draft. You know what types of teams need only on player? Contenders.

Lol if you honestly think we wouldn't be in a better spot as an organization if we would have drafted Johnson, Thomas, Peterson etc instead of Russell. That pick in itself set us back like three years.

Actually, no I don't think this team would be that much better. We'd only have one great player I'm pretty sure even if we would have drafted anyone other than Russell, AL would have still taken athletes over real football players. All I'm saying is one draft or one player wouldn't have changed the fortunes of the franchise. It's going to take more than one guy, even if its a franchise guy to get us back to playoffs.

Bro... common.

I can see the logic though. We had Moss in his prime and look how that turned out for us. He moves to another team and is back to winning again.

I get that football is a team sport, more team oriented than any other sport. But there is no argument against Russells impact vs Johnsons impact for example. Lets say we ended up with the exact same roster until now, just with Johnson instead of Russell. Your saying we would not be greatly better than we currently are now?

Johnson was on a team that was 0-16 so no, our team wouldn't be too much better. But as stated in other posts, Wr's arent as important as a good LT or QB, but a "once in a decade" prospect DE in the Bruce Smith mold helped the Bills get to a Super Bowl or four.

Don't forget, people were looking at Russell as potentially the next John Elway. Can't fault the front office for choosing a QB with Elway potential over megatron, AP, or even Joe Thomas
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Man.... I do not understand the Bridgewater love. Can someone explain it to me.

I mean he can play (mostly against meh competition) but I just don't see a guy who gets me excited as a franchise QB.

I know w/ the influx of guys like RGIII and Wilson into the NFL there is this new love w/ mobile passers but what else does he bring to the table?

In the end, I'm just not sold on Bridgewater. Especially people who suggest taking him over a guy like Clowney.

Teddy carved up a really good Florida defense in his bowl game last year so everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Even though the week to week competition is hardly comparable, it's a small sample size but at least he's shown that he's capable of playing with the big boys with his less than stellar supporting class. However, that being said, I don't see him being head and shoulders above Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, Brett Hundley, Braxton Miller, or even Manziel for that matter. A first/second round draft combo of Clowney and any of the aforementioned Qbs would be way better than anything else we can bring in. Plus, the projected Qb class is deep this upcoming year so we're bound to have someone fall.

I also think people have the wrong idea of what a franchise Qb means. Just because someone is drafted outside of the top 3 (where admittedly guys like Luck and RG3 deserve to go because they fit a certain prototype), Russell Wilson was a third rounder, Brees was the first pick of the second round, Flacco was a late first, and some guy named Brady was a sixth.

Eli Manning can thank his DLine (and two miracle catches) for his two rings. Big ben has always had a top rated D which helped him to a couple of super bowls. And then we can go into the list of high pick Qb's who come into bad team situations like David Carr or Jamarcus who were set up to fail from the start.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Sure but how many championships do any of those players have? Sure they where no brainers, yeah they are the best players in the league, but bad teams don't get better from one draft. You know what types of teams need only on player? Contenders.

Lol if you honestly think we wouldn't be in a better spot as an organization if we would have drafted Johnson, Thomas, Peterson etc instead of Russell. That pick in itself set us back like three years.

Actually, no I don't think this team would be that much better. We'd only have one great player I'm pretty sure even if we would have drafted anyone other than Russell, AL would have still taken athletes over real football players. All I'm saying is one draft or one player wouldn't have changed the fortunes of the franchise. It's going to take more than one guy, even if its a franchise guy to get us back to playoffs.

Bro... common.

I can see the logic though. We had Moss in his prime and look how that turned out for us. He moves to another team and is back to winning again.

I get that football is a team sport, more team oriented than any other sport. But there is no argument against Russells impact vs Johnsons impact for example. Lets say we ended up with the exact same roster until now, just with Johnson instead of Russell. Your saying we would not be greatly better than we currently are now?

Johnson was on a team that was 0-16 so no, our team wouldn't be too much better. But as stated in other posts, Wr's arent as important as a good LT or QB, but a "once in a decade" prospect DE in the Bruce Smith mold helped the Bills get to a Super Bowl or four.

Don't forget, people were looking at Russell as potentially the next John Elway. Can't fault the front office for choosing a QB with Elway potential over megatron, AP, or even Joe Thomas

By front office, do you mean a delusional old man? A lot of people in the front office wanted Johnson. Davis was the one who pulled the trigger on Russell.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, ease up on taking shots at big Al.

R.I.P.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:

R.I.P.

I'm keeping it 3hunna. Got mad love for the guy, but he screwed up too many times the last decade to get a pass.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

R.I.P.

I'm keeping it 3hunna. Got mad love for the guy, but he screwed up too many times the last decade to get a pass.

I can feel it, he was quite off the last decade of his time running the Raiders......that he was.

Everything he did was with good intentions though. Tell me you weren't hype when we got Deangelo Hall, Gibril Wilson, Javon Walker, DMC, & Jawalrus was not yet known to be the biggest POS ever......I'll admit, I was going crazy freshman year of HS.

Still, he screwed up I know. The guy loved us man. We're all Raiders somehow inside...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI612h2vmMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake matts

also i read lincoln kennedy's son plays for usc and is a monster OT ill be checking for him this year. esp since i see all usc games in my zone

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

R.I.P.

and reg is just hitting on all his draft picks and trades and fa pick ups right?

lets revisit this after the season.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

People getting mad at McKenzie for not being competitive yet.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

R.I.P.

and reg is just hitting on all his draft picks and trades and fa pick ups right?

lets revisit this after the season.

In the words of French Montana.... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARN?

Are you doggin on Reggie McKenzie already? Are you expecting a masterpiece from a piece of shi? He hasn't even been here for two years, show some patience. Al Davis screwed up for 10 years.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted this in the "Clowney won't go #1" thread...

Quote:
If we don't draft Clowney we better trade our pick for someone else who's dying to have him. Even with Clowney available, we should still trade him for a king's ransom cause we could justify using a 1st round pick on QB, maybe RB, WR, TE, OG, DE, DT, LB, or FS.

We should ideally trade down in the top 5 or 10 and pick up a bunch of picks...

If we got a RGIII-esque trade we would be better off...

I'd rather go into the draft like this...

Round 1(5)
Round 2(33)
Round 2(4
Round 3(65)
Round 4(97)
Round 6(161)
Round 7(193)
w/ 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks in 2015

Instead of like this...

Round 1(1)
Round 2(33)
Round 3(65)
Round 4(97)
Round 6(161)
Round 7(193)
w/ 1 1st round pick and 2015

just for Clowney or Bridgewater...

With a trade pull like that we could still add a major impact player around #5(Nix, Tuitt, Lewan, Matthews, Barr, Roby, Lee etc...) plus having an extra pick in the 2nd could give us a shot at 2 impact players instead of one. Spend some money on the OG spots this offseason and then draft a franchise QB next year with one of our 1sts and still have another 1st and extra picks to improve the team.

If we pick #1, trading down makes the only sense. Someone will be willing to bank their short term draft future for Clowney and we'd be fools not to pull the trigger with how devoid we are of talent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Laughing

Honestly if al would have done what Reggie has done so far he would be bashed. Track record and reputation means a lot. I'm all for being patient and giving Reggie a chance to do work, but this blind faith some have in him seems a little over the top to me.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Laughing

Honestly if al would have done what Reggie has done so far he would be bashed. Track record and reputation means a lot. I'm all for being patient and giving Reggie a chance to do work, but this blind faith some have in him seems a little over the top to me.

this.

we all knew the trenches were our weakest area but they were neglected again.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: