Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Future Forecast. Who to look for in 1st round
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Future Forecast. Who to look for in 1st round Reply with quote

I want to get into college football this year. Looking around at our roster, I see alot of young prospects who have potential. I know the year has to pan out, I want to target some prospects to help me get into college. Looking at the current state

QB:
Wilson, Pryor
Both guy have starter potential. I hope someone can emerge, Flynn is not old either. Would hate to have draft another QB

Prediction: Pryor shows he is a playmaker mid season, and Wilson becomes a long term quality back up

RB:
McFadden, Murray, Stewart
Make or break year McFadden. If he gets hurt we have a glaring hole and losing out on your most talented playmaker

McFadden gets franchised tagged after a solid season in the power scheme. Stewart and Murray prove to be young depth

FB:
Reece
Should be around atleast 5 more years

WR:
Streater, Moore, Ford, Criner, Vernon, Butler
Bunch of young guys, players need to progress. Also a make or break year for Ford. Can Streater handle the number one spot?
Prediction: Ford shows flashes but becomes trade bait. Streater makes some plays but has his ups and downs. Moore is ideal as a Number 2. Butler and Vernon show they belong

TE:
Ausberry, Rivera, Kasa
Prediction: Ausberry is a breakout player and solidifies the TE Spot. Rivera makes some catches in certain packages. Kasa gets a year to develop

T:
Valdheer, Watson
Believe it or not I believe Watson will develop to a solid RT and Valdheer continue to be a roadblock at LT

G:
Bergstorm, Nix
Prediction: We will need to go after some guards in the offseason

C:
Wiz
Prediction: Leader should start another 8 years. Could maybe add a back up with a low pick

DE:
Bass, Crawford, Houston
Prediction: could see bass or Crawford as rotation players at best. Houston is a stud at one spot. Carter is old at the other spot, need to address a DE early in the draft or free agency

DT:
Walker, Sims, Christo, McGee
Prediction: See a couple role players good for depth in Christo and Walker. I predict Sims will have a solid year stuffing the rush

OLB:
Moore should start and hopefully excel, The Rocks cousin should be a solid reserve and special teamer. Burris needs to improve if he wants to be a factor. Burnett has produced but is getting older. Could be adresses based on how much Burnett has left in the tank

MLB:
Roach
Should be a leader and starter for a few years. Might not be all world but will be alot better then McClain. Buys Reggie sometime to work on the trenches

CB:
Hayden, Ross, Checkwa, Porter
Watching Jenkins on the Cowboys I don't expect much. Ross Porter Chekwa need to step up. Hayden should be able to be the man as the number 1 CB. Porter should excel if he can stay healthy, I think we land a Free agent CB with cap space for another starter so we don't burn another draft pick at tr position

FS
Ross
Woodson might have a year or two left in the tank. Would be nice to add a nice prospect Charles could mentor

SS
Branch
Hard to get rid of because of his cap hit. Will be around awhile, hope he steps his game up

So that leave me to this conclusion
Primary needs in 2014 draft
1st DE
2nd DT or G
3rd G or DT

That's if Pryor and McFadden are able to put it together. If McFadden gets hurt I can see us adding impact players at DE, CB, RB G via free agency. Possibly a a Big Time Wideout

I would kick the tires towards Woodson and Burnett and in 2015
1st OLB
2nd FS
Or a big time wideout

We would be set with a young exciting team soon featuring

QB: Pryor Wilson
RB: McFadden, Murray, Stewart
FB: Reece
WR: Streater, Moore, Butler, Vernon
TE: Ausberry, Rivera, Kasa
T: Valdheer, Watson
G: 2014 draft pick, 2014 free agent
C: Wiz

DE: Clowney, Houston
DT: Sims, 2014 Draft Pick, Christo, Walker
OLB: Moore
MLB: Roach
CB: Hayden, 2014 Free Agent, Porter, Adams
Fs:
Ss: Branch

How do you guys see it playing out??

[/list]
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post. Hard to tell what next year is going to look like before our first preseason game.

Top 5 positions I think we'll address next offseason (no order of importance):

DE, QB, TE, G, WR
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill be surprised if we are not picking top 5 next year. My favorite prospects are
1. Tajh Boyd QB Clemson- i personally would take him ahead of teddy bridgewater

IF you havent seen Boyd, this is a clip that shows his magnificent performance against LSU, one of the best performances ive seen from a college QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb2ISbn7cfU

2. Anthony Barr is an intriguing prospect who stood out to me, I am going to be keeping a closer eye on him this season. Hes a converted RB who is new to his DE/OLB position, which is catch 22.

3. Aarron Lynch DE South Flordia- I LIKE THIS GUY A LOT! I saw him as a rookie at Notre Dame, as a freshman he stood out. He transferred to SF, but did not play last year. I am really looking forward to seeing him.

4. of coarse Clowney

it looks like its going to be a deep draft, with great talent worth picking in the top 5, unlike this year.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're picking top 10-15 next year, here's my big board...

DE Jadeveon Clowney - South Carolina
DT Louis Nix III - Notre Dame
QB Teddy Bridgewater - Louisville
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Washington
QB Tahj Boyd - Clemson
WR Marqise Lee - USC
QB Brett Hundley - UCLA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:

youtube this fella. he was amazing as a sophomore.
of course there was the hit against michigan, but the whole year he was just an unbelievable freak.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
WR Marqise Lee - USC

Yes x 1000. If Bridgewater and Clowney aren't that, Lee would be ideal. He's going to be such a stud.

mission27 wrote:
I like all different kinds of vines, including that one

#JDI
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Choice: Jadeveon Clowney
2nd Choice: Louis Nix
3rd Choice: Stephon Tuitt
4th Choice: Marquise Lee
5th Choice: Taylor Lewan

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:

youtube this fella. he was amazing as a sophomore.
of course there was the hit against michigan, but the whole year he was just an unbelievable freak.

The hit against Michigan was epic. What made that play so great for me tho was the fact that the refs SCREWED South Carolina over by giving Michigan the first down the play before when they were completely obviously held short on the play. and that play single handedly changed the game and led to South Carolina winning.

Clowney is obvi amazing but that play will immortalize his college career. A defensive end who completely changed the complexion of a game in ONE play. Clowney is THAT good of a DE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams will be offering a lot trade up. Multiple first-round picks and the Raiders have multiple holes to fill.
But if they think one of the QBs can be a franchise type of guy you have go with him.

Before everyone yells at me DEs just aren't that valuable.
Every year atop DE hits the FA market, when was last time A top QB did?
SilverLining

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be keeping an eye on a few players. Of course my number one right now is probably the same as most.

1. Defensive End: Jadeveon Clowney
2. Wide Receiver: Marquise Lee
3. Defensive Tackle: Louis Nix III
4. Quarterback: Teddy Bridgewater
5. Linebacker: Anthony Barr

If we are gonna be bad this year, I hope we are high enough in the draft to get Clowney. If we are bad and not high enough to get him that would be upsetting a little, knowing how bad we need to improve our defensive line.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Teams will be offering a lot trade up. Multiple first-round picks and the Raiders have multiple holes to fill.
But if they think one of the QBs can be a franchise type of guy you have go with him.

Before everyone yells at me DEs just aren't that valuable.
Every year atop DE hits the FA market, when was last time A top QB did?

Josh Freeman and Jay Cutler could both be free agents next year so maybe them.

Plus Jeff Matthews, David Fales, Derek Carr, Stephen Morris, Bryn Renner, and Aaron Murray are all talented QBs who should be available in the 2-4 round range.

QB is far deeper than DE in next year's draft. Just something to think about...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's highy unlikely we end up with the worst record. I know we're projected to be by most but those kind of projections rarely materialize. Some teams looking better on paper will flop for whatever reasons (injuries, coaching, team chemistry).
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
It's highy unlikely we end up with the worst record. I know we're projected to be by most but those kind of projections rarely materialize. Some teams looking better on paper will flop for whatever reasons (injuries, coaching, team chemistry).

Agreed. I think we'll be picking around 5-7.

For us though, I'm just hoping it's BPA on the defensive side of the football, especially the line b/c it's looking like it will be horrid this season. Honestly though, I don't care about next year. I'm ready for this year.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

For us though, I'm just hoping it's BPA on the defensive side of the football, especially the line b/c it's looking like it will be horrid this season. Honestly though, I don't care about next year. I'm ready for this year.

It won't be any worse than last year. We got a true NT when we had to play Kelly out of his element last season. Seymour didn't do a thing. Same with Shaughnessy. Carter was a late addition coming off a serious injury, now he's fully healthy. The major loss is Bryant. By all accounts, the Sims/Walker tandem is an improvement when it comes to stopping the run. Anyway, it'll come down to the whole unit gelling and sticking with their assignments. We gave up a lot of big plays last year because guys weren't where they should have been. The D still lacks a difference maker in the front 7 but if they can play as one, they can form a decent unit overall. Neither side of the ball will be dominant though.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

It won't be any worse than last year. We got a true NT when we had to play Kelly out of his element last season. Seymour didn't do a thing. Same with Shaughnessy. Carter was a late addition coming off a serious injury, now he's fully healthy. The major loss is Bryant. By all accounts, the Sims/Walker tandem is an improvement when it comes to stopping the run. Anyway, it'll come down to the whole unit gelling and sticking with their assignments. We gave up a lot of big plays last year because guys weren't where they should have been. The D still lacks a difference maker in the front 7 but if they can play as one, they can form a decent unit overall. Neither side of the ball will be dominant though.

New players in a new defensive scheme. We'll see how fast they pick it up. It most certainly could be worse than last year's.

I do agree w/ your last lines though. I do like our LB corp a lot more than I probably should but it won't matter if the guys in front of them can't do their job just like it won't matter in our secondary if the front can't do their job. Hopefully the defense surprises me but I'm not expecting much.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: